Final Fantasy 7 > FF7 Tools

[PS/PC] FF7 Steam Translation to FF7 PS1

<< < (2/4) > >>

Darkslayerpowerfull:
Taking advantage of your post, I come to instruct you things I discovered:

MassIsoUpdate: I don't know if using this program to import files larger than the original in an iso would cause bugs when playing on the real console.
Makou Reactor: When using the program to use in relation to the PSX / PS1, be careful when doing a lot of editing and saving the iso. Never do that. Always export the Field.dat file and test if it is bigger than the original, then yes, you use the MassIsoUpdate program at your own risk of causing a bug in the iso playing on the real console.

If you have any success playing the iso, having used MassIsoUpdate to import Fields.dat files larger than the original and not causing any bugs, none at all, let me know in the comments or via PM, why it helps me and helps several people.

I'm asking this, because at the moment I don't have a PS1 at home to test my iso with files larger than the original.

MysticLord:
Any time you fart around with a disc image you should always update the EDC/ECC. I have no idea if this is the cause of your troubles but it has been for me.

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1264/

Darkslayerpowerfull:
Hey, maybe that really helps. However, what is the certainty that mods like this one to expand files and Bosola's will not make the iso stop working at random? I prefer not to take any chances until I have proof and a ps1 at home haha. But thanks for the link I will use even when I think I am safe with my modifications.

ProjectXsent:

--- Quote from: MysticLord on 2020-09-07 08:10:43 ---Any time you fart around with a disc image you should always update the EDC/ECC. I have no idea if this is the cause of your troubles but it has been for me.

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1264/

--- End quote ---

Thanks for this. I was only running the patched iso using ePSXe which runs fine but when I tried playing with Mednafen, it gave me error that the disc is too large but after using the EDC/ECC Recalculator, it ran fine. I'm currently at Gold Saucer Disc 1 to test any bugs.

Deli295:
Nice patch bro. I'm really hoping you find out a way to patch the battle scripts. The attack while its tail's up is pretty annoying imo. Anyways, thanks for your contribution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version