Final Fantasy 7 > Releases

[FF7PC][Tsunamods] Cosmo Memory: Complete Sound Overhaul

<< < (14/20) > >>

natepley:
This mod is fantastic!  Thank you for making this!
I would really appreciate an option to disable the replacement of all the sound effects, while still having footsteps, ambient sounds, and attack voices.  I really want to hear the original sound effects because they have a special place in my heart, but I feel like I can't live without the footsteps and ambient noise now.  Would that be a possibility?  Thanks again!

Bonez:
No. There are several technical reasons for why. Among which; a few of the fields have a stock ambience, so if you used the vanilla sounds, you'd have some fields with super high def ambience and some with crushed midi ambience. Secondly, I don't want a hodgepodge mod where you'd have real recordings of birds etc. and all the other battle sfx are staticy-midi... But most importantly, Cosmo Memory is a sfx replacement mod for the 724 vanilla sounds first and foremost. The other features like ambience, footsteps, etc. are just bells and whistles to go on top of them.

natepley:

--- Quote from: Bonez on 2022-09-18 13:27:20 ---No. There are several technical reasons for why. Among which; a few of the fields have a stock ambience, so if you used the vanilla sounds, you'd have some fields with super high def ambience and some with crushed midi ambience. Secondly, I don't want a hodgepodge mod where you'd have real recordings of birds etc. and all the other battle sfx are staticy-midi... But most importantly, Cosmo Memory is a sfx replacement mod for the 724 vanilla sounds first and foremost. The other features like ambience, footsteps, etc. are just bells and whistles to go on top of them.

--- End quote ---

I see.  Thanks for the explanation.  I really do think the "bells and whistles" are so fantastic that they warrant their own mod, though.  A standalone mod that just replaces all ambient noises and adds footsteps would a great option and would leave Cosmo Memory intact as a sound replacement mod.  I understand if you don't want to do that, though.

sangrefria:
First of all, fantastic work that was done with this great mod! :)
I only have a little issue:
Since I updated both FFnx and 7th heaven to the newest versions (1.14.0.1 and 2.7.0.1) , there is no fx sound at all (menu, etc.) whenever I want to play with the music settings on VGMStream.
On the other hand, the mod runs without any problems if the music is set to MIDI sound.
The same happens with the stable versions of 7th heaven and FFnx.

leatitia:
You are truly amazing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version