Author Topic: Final Fantasy XV (new TGS trailer)  (Read 28657 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XV (new TGS trailer)
« Reply #50 on: 2014-12-21 14:24:12 »
You couldn't pay me to buy this game without me doing a ton of research beforehand (including watching actual in-game footage for a couple of hours).  After X-2, 12, 13, lightning returns, 14...  and the FF7 spin offs, I have absolutely 0 faith in Squenix to deliver something I like.  Zero.  I'll be surprised if 15 holds up to pre X-2 era, but I guess we'll see.  :)  I'm more confident that this will be another graphic infused dog shit.  High on visuals, low on design, story and intellect.

It should be interesting to see what they come up with nonetheless.  They may even prove me wrong.  Let's hope so.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-21 14:28:33 by DLPB »

TerriblyGrimm

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2014-12-21 20:31:59 »
To be honest, I never even bothered to play X-2.
I was too disappointed that they tried to milk X further after it was such a masterpiece with one of the most dramatic and satisfying endings within the series.
and they turned Yuna from the shy cute summoner we loved into some sexy gunslinger. Killed it for me to be honest.

I do agree with DLPB that with Squares recent trends, I am concerned that this will be a pretty game with nothing below the surface,
from what I have seen from the gameplay footage,
it would appear the gameplay system is the same as XIII just more polished and refined.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #52 on: 2014-12-22 00:52:15 »
You couldn't pay me to buy this game without me doing a ton of research beforehand (including watching actual in-game footage for a couple of hours).  After X-2, 12, 13, lightning returns, 14...  and the FF7 spin offs, I have absolutely 0 faith in Squenix to deliver something I like.  Zero.  I'll be surprised if 15 holds up to pre X-2 era, but I guess we'll see.  :)  I'm more confident that this will be another graphic infused dog strawberries.  High on visuals, low on design, story and intellect.

It should be interesting to see what they come up with nonetheless.  They may even prove me wrong.  Let's hope so.

I agree on all those games taking my faith away except for 14, if you're including 14:ARR. I think they did a decent job by starting over from scratch and producing something worthy of an MMO. It's an MMO though, so it's the genre itself that eventually makes the game feel stale.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2014-12-22 00:56:36 »
The fact they had to start over is unforgivable to begin with.  A company that size making that kind of error is unbelievable.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2014-12-22 02:40:04 »
Yeah, ARR is pretty much a completely different game, made by a largely different team. You've gotta give the new team props though, they didn't fuck it up.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #55 on: 2014-12-24 05:21:48 »

Those huge... eyes! :P :P

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions

L. Spiro