Author Topic: Controller Support for 7th Heaven  (Read 2477 times)

LadySilverWings

• View Profile
Controller Support for 7th Heaven
« on: 2022-02-10 16:08:21 »
Hi everyone!

So as the topic says, I was wondering if anyone knew why I'm unable to use my Xbox One controller to play ff7 via 7th Heaven. I updated the drivers with FNX and the game runs fine through 7th Heaven (no mods installed yet.) I can alt+tab and retab back in and the game runs smoothly so I know it's the updated version.

So here's the thing, I can go to controller settings in 7th heaven and it registers my controller just fine. I can map keybinds and everything and even set up custom profiles with keybinds from my controller just fine......but when I get into game...it doesn't recognize the controller at all, only the keyboard input. I don't understand this since 7th Heaven IS registering the controller but the game doesn't want to. I was able to play ff8 Remaster with this controller just fine, so I know the controller is good.

I have googled this and tried to exorcise my due diligence; I've seen many threads on this forum and reddit and other sites where people have had similar issues, but I never found one that has the problem I have; i.e. 7th Heaven registers the controller but the game itself won't. If this has been answered before, I'm really sorry, I must have missed that thread. Anyway, any help anyone can give would be super appreciated!

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
Re: Controller Support for 7th Heaven
« Reply #1 on: 2022-02-12 09:13:44 »
Just had the same issue with Dualshock 4, if nothing else helps, I had it resolved by using last version of Aali's opengl driver:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uAam3Uoet7JtAryCjat691kAg3rPMlH_/view?usp=sharing.

LadySilverWings

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2022-02-25 00:32:25 »
I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this! This actually worked for me and I hope it works for others having similar issues as well.

Sorry for the delayed response, I've finally had a chance to sit down and try this out, so thanks again for the help!

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2022-05-02 17:25:51 »
You're welcome. I rarely visit myself.