Project forums > Team Avalanche

[HD Remake] Mideel WIP

<< < (2/21) > >>

Mayo Master:
Concerning the carpet: given its patterns, which are based on regular geometric shapes, I think some vector drawing in Paintshop (or Photoshop) could do it fairly fast. My girlfriend also uses Inkscape (which is opensource) to make vector drawings and finds it very good for that kind of job. However, probably we'll need to loop a process of color adjustment (meaning: I give you a texture, you render, we compare with color scheme of original image and I submit another texture with adjusted colors, and so forth) because, in my experience, the UV colors take quite a different tone when they show on hair particles (which you use to make the fluffy texture of the carpet, I assume), as I found out when making the doormat on the mds5_i scene.
About lighting: given the original main light source, the lighting from the window above the oven is very indirect indeed. I also didn't figure the original sun-like light source made so little sense.

Kyo13:
Damn good Anaho !!!! Don't know who you are, don't know where you are from, but really impressed. I hope you just keep working on it and if you need other modders on it maybe, this must be a lot of work...

Mayo Master:
Hey anaho, I just noticed your update on your first post edit: awesome job  :)

Perhaps it would be best, whenever you want to show your progress, that you make it as a new post in order to bump the thread on the top of the list (I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who hasn't noticed the work you've accomplished since then). By the way, I'm sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier to provide you the carpet UV texture (you've done very well on that, thankfully my lateness didn't prevent you from making good progress).
Also, I'm not sure what other texture is giving you problems (do you have a full-res pic for us to check out?). I can try to help in the hunt for some good texture pictures should you need to (hoping that I would get faster at giving you a hand, this time).

anaho:

SpooX:

--- Quote from: anaho on 2013-03-23 21:05:18 ---What I need are some hires textures mostly of wood shot from pretty far away.
I add what I currently think as an image.

--- End quote ---

The place where i get my textures from is this

as a side note, I don't know why people keep going on about 5 times the resolution, this is an overkill, 4 times original is the way to go.
 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version