Project forums > Team Avalanche

Lighting

<< < (2/17) > >>

SwornEnemy:

--- Quote from: sl1982 on 2009-08-28 19:12:18 ---
--- Quote from: SwornEnemy on 2009-08-28 18:45:07 ---dude. sweet,,, are u gonna ad this to your 2d overhaul mod

--- End quote ---

Probably not. And if i do it will be the last thing i do. Need a good texture artist to tackle that sort of project. I was just goofing around

--- End quote ---

fair play,,,,

Rurounin:
I've been thinking of doing this for a long time, but I've had a hard time getting the game to even run let alone mod it, then again i haven't tried to make it run for a few years now, could you fill me in on what's needed to change the textures? Just point me in the right direction, there's too much going on in this forum for me to know where to begin.

Borde:
First you should decompile your battle.lgp (using LGPTools, Highwind or Aali's UNLGP). Then you must locate the battle location you want to modify. I guess using Biturn would be a pretty good way of previewing them. Then find it's asociated textures. The textures of a battle model whose name is XXaa (where XX are the two first letters of the filename) must be between XXac and XXal in a lexicographically ordered list. You should replace these textures by whatever you want (of course you should convert them to TEX files). You could use Kimera for doing. That way you can also preview the result.

Rurounin:

--- Quote from: Borde on 2009-08-30 11:16:41 ---First you should decompile your battle.lgp (using LGPTools, Highwind or Aali's UNLGP). Then you must locate the battle location you want to modify. I guess using Biturn would be a pretty good way of previewing them. Then find it's asociated textures. The textures of a battle model whose name is XXaa (where XX are the two first letters of the filename) must be between XXac and XXal in a lexicographically ordered list. You should replace these textures by whatever you want (of course you should convert them to TEX files). You could use Kimera for doing. That way you can also preview the result.

--- End quote ---

Sweet, i'm looking into it right now, i didn't quite realize how bad the quality of the textures actually is until now.
Providing everything works out the way it should, i'll put up a goal of finishing the first bombing mission areas, when/if that ever gets done (motivation is a b*tch), we'll see if i'm still up for it, perhaps i can at least spark some interest.

Edit: Followed what you said, so far so good, don't know how to replace it in Kimera though, the buttons and the dropdown is there and all but they do nothing.

sl1982:

--- Quote from: Rurounin on 2009-08-31 11:29:09 ---
--- Quote from: Borde on 2009-08-30 11:16:41 ---First you should decompile your battle.lgp (using LGPTools, Highwind or Aali's UNLGP). Then you must locate the battle location you want to modify. I guess using Biturn would be a pretty good way of previewing them. Then find it's asociated textures. The textures of a battle model whose name is XXaa (where XX are the two first letters of the filename) must be between XXac and XXal in a lexicographically ordered list. You should replace these textures by whatever you want (of course you should convert them to TEX files). You could use Kimera for doing. That way you can also preview the result.

--- End quote ---

Sweet, i'm looking into it right now, i didn't quite realize how bad the quality of the textures actually is until now.
Providing everything works out the way it should, i'll put up a goal of finishing the first bombing mission areas, when/if that ever gets done (motivation is a b*tch), we'll see if i'm still up for it, perhaps i can at least spark some interest.

Edit: Followed what you said, so far so good, don't know how to replace it in Kimera though, the buttons and the dropdown is there and all but they do nothing.

--- End quote ---

A very simple way is to just convert the bmp to tex using img2tex. thats what i did

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version