Author Topic: So i've been talking to overclock.net trying to tell them how much better our PC  (Read 4294 times)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
mods are and here is the resulting discussion.

http://www.overclock.net/video-game-news/1051174-siliconera-ffvii-ffviii-steam-but-not.html

I post on page 3 and 6, if any of you are mad that I posted pictures(SL) then please let me know, I didnt take credit, nor did I give it, I figured the credit mentioned here would be enough.

I just want to get teach the ff7 community about the wonderful things we do here, and maybe,just maybe, get  us more contributing members.

Please join our discussion at overclock to inform the ff7 community.

P.S. Am I in any sort of trouble for this? Let me know and I will correct it if so.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! My eyes are burning! I saw things I wasn't supposed to x.x

In trouble? Maybe. The only few I can say is that you tell a bit too much. But now I hate you! I saw people that are... well... stupid morons, to be honest. The first impression I got from them isn't a good one x.x The final words belongs to Obesebear, Bosola and sl1982.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Wait, am I seeing things?

When I looked at that thread, it seemed as if there were people having a mature discussion about their favourite FF game without resorting to childish name-calling or ridiculous criticisms based on horrific misunderstandings of the games' storylines. This is highly irregular!

Most threads in which FF7 is mentioned end up with idiots shouting "emo" and "mama's boy" and talking about the game in such a way that one wonders whether they never actually played it and got all their information from watching AMV's of Advent Children on YouTube.

Jeff, commend these people for being able to talk about the relative merits of FF games in a sensible manner and not being fanboy retards!
« Last Edit: 2011-06-26 22:39:11 by Kudistos Megistos »

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Increasing the visibility of what we do here only serves to make us more vulnerable to square pulling the plug on everything we do, which is never going to be a good thing, Jeff.

Interestingly, every time you made a post showcasing the efforts of TA and similar mods, it was almost completely overlooked - yet people were still eager to discuss a true SE remake or a rerelease on steam.
It seems to me that people (in fact, a lot of the people who come here if I'm honest) aren't all that interested in a fan-made graphical remake, which perplexes me. Maybe we're a rare breed xD
« Last Edit: 2011-06-26 22:33:52 by BlitzNCS »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
There's nothing mentioned in that thread that isn't findable in this forum.

I don't think jeffdamann has done anything untoward, unless I'm missing something here?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
We try to keep a low profile mainly so square leaves us alone. But he did not share anything google wouldn't.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Interestingly, every time you made a post showcasing the efforts of TA and similar mods, it was almost completely overlooked - yet people were still eager to discuss a true SE remake or a rerelease on steam.
It seems to me that people (in fact, a lot of the people who come here if I'm honest) aren't all that interested in a fan-made graphical remake, which perplexes me. Maybe we're a rare breed xD

Most of those posts showed things that were very "work in progress". Perhaps they weren't enough for people to appreciate the progress that had been made. A picture of a remodelled background with no texture isn't very exciting to most people.

Also, Jeff came on a little strong; they might have thought he was trying to show off and ignored him.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
jeff... you say HD a lot. I suggest you cut it out, and one advertising post is more than enough, by the ssecond time, you seem like spam.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
lol when I redid the post I added HD in all of them, to try and garner more attention, as kudistos said, it was mostly overlooked.

No harm no foul though, just trying to raise awareness to the amazing things this community has done.

I idolize qhimm.com lol

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
worthwhile ppl tend to come on their own, dont think we much need an ad campaign... and if we did i'd be in charge :P

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
Somehow I feel the need for agreeing with

Increasing the visibility of what we do here only serves to make us more vulnerable to square pulling the plug on everything we do, which is never going to be a good thing, Jeff.

Me don't like to have to hand over my bits and bytes to some angry man ringing at the door.... :-o

Some comments on the thread:
full 3d? well the models are, however will be prerendered in game (we had a small discussion about that already, and is highly dependant on Akari's hard work), and after that we might not get away with being full 3d as it will be like handing over full content propriety of SE.....

About the people on the forum talking about prerendered background being rubbish....
well feast your eyes on this:
Stasis WIP
Stasis blog

I hope it will quiet down now..... :?

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
OH MY CRAP those look AMAZING!