Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII modding community  (Read 5722 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Final Fantasy VII modding community
« on: 2010-12-26 19:26:56 »
I was just reading the wiki, and I read this:

Whilst it seems like there is very little hope for a remake, dedicated fans have gone through great lengths to settle this global unrest. A Final Fantasy VII PC modding community have spent the best part of about 10 years working on a number of different mods, predominantly for the PC version of Final Fantasy VII. However, some of the modding community have been working on PS versions. The patches that have been created have been known to improve both the Audio/Visual experience as well as the gameplay.

I thought "Ooh, someone's linked to Qhimm." But when I clicked on it, I was brought here:

http://www.finalfantasy7pc.com/

Who's site is this? Should I remove the link and replace it with Qhimm?

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I've seen so many FF7 project sites it's hard to keep track.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII modding community
« Reply #1 on: 2010-12-26 19:40:01 »
Absolutely you should. That site mostly just redistributes stuff that was posted here without permission, and is filled with errors (sithlord84 lol) and dead links and even a link to an illegal torrent. I suspect that link was put there to begin with by the owner of that site, trying to get more hits. If the change is reverted or disputed, explain this reasoning in the talk page.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-12-26 19:52:30 »
Replace the link with this: http://finalfantasyvii-2.yolasite.com/

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-12-28 01:19:31 »
i ran into that website a few months ago. Other than the links to illegal torrents for FF7, i don't really take too much issue with it since credit is given to the creators. It is interesting though, that an officially sanctioned website has not been setup for the many mods hosted on qhimm(excluding the wiki of course).

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-12-28 05:42:17 »
i ran into that website a few months ago. Other than the links to illegal torrents for FF7, i don't really take too much issue with it since credit is given to the creators. It is interesting though, that an officially sanctioned website has not been setup for the many mods hosted on qhimm(excluding the wiki of course).

I have been thinking about that too.  I would host one myself, but I don't have a great upload connection, so hosting it from my house would suck, and I don't have the money to rent a server =\

Maybe I'll make a mock site, and if anybody ever gets a server to host it on, There will already be a template.

cloudff7pc

« Reply #5 on: 2010-12-30 19:55:38 »
Hi All,

I always pop in from time to time and ironically there is some talk about the site I created; also, that part about the modding community that was added to the ff wikia - that was me. It was not to get hits but actually to raise an awareness. I can tell you that since I added that paragraph to the remake section on the wikia, less than 1% of the sites total traffic came from it. But I should have linked directly to Qhimm, but nevermind now it's been resolved.

In any case, I'm here because I am revamping the website - and will be updating the mod pages, and perhaps adding new pages if I have that extra time. If you want, what I can do is give one person in this forum access to the Mod section on my site - and that way that person and I can keep the Mod section updated and it can kind of act as an unofficial ff7 mod page based only on Qhimm Forums.

And before you curse me for the illegal torrent you talk of. There were a number of queries by people not knowing what to do about damaged cd's. It says it there very explicitly and there is a link to amazon where people can actually buy the game again if they wish. So I am not directly endorsing illegal file sharing of any sort.

And yes Sithlord - I need to sort that out.   :-[

But anyway, the site actually does kind of do you a favour by keeping a handful ofbeginners from spamming this forum with questions that have been answered a thousand times over. Not everyone forum savvy, and not everyone can mod or follow instructions. If you knew how many questions I get about how to do this or that, you'd be glad I was dealing with them.

Erm.. aside from that hope you guys had a very  festive Christmas (for those that do celebrate it), and Happy New Year of course for this weekend!

Take Care. :)

Giullio

• Where is the love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-12-31 01:05:38 »
I've got to Qhimm from that site

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-12-31 04:32:55 »
ahh good.  I was wondering when you were gonna update.