Author Topic: Gamepad Troubles in FF8  (Read 3237 times)

Akaruikage

Gamepad Troubles in FF8
« on: 2004-05-29 18:29:37 »
ok, so now I recently got Final Fantasy VIII  :D. So far, I've been able to get it to work just fine in Windows XP, but I'm trying to use an Eliminator Gamepad Pro, and the joystick just seems too sensitive. I calibrated it and turned it's "precision" option on, which makes it less sensitive, but the joystick would still make the character move at the slightest tap. I installed the latest drivers for this controller, but it seems now as if, whenever I go into final fantasy VIII, it's stuck moving left. I tried moving the joystick to see where the "neutral" position was, but it seems as if there isn't one! yet, when I play in Final Fantasy VII it works just fine. I am completely at a loss at what to do. So far I've tried re-installing the drivers, and re-installing the game, and updating the game to the latest patch. If anyone has any suggestions please post them (I haven't been able to find anything on the 'net about this issue). Thanks for the help!  8)

ye-roon

• View Profile
Gamepad Troubles in FF8
« Reply #1 on: 2004-05-29 18:34:39 »
Gravis controllers give problems with ff games. mine does too.

Akaruikage

Gamepad Troubles in FF8
« Reply #2 on: 2004-05-29 18:43:42 »
maybe I should just go back to the previous gamepad driver? at least then I could PLAY the game.

Goku7

• View Profile
Gamepad Troubles in FF8
« Reply #3 on: 2004-05-30 04:25:20 »
If it's anything like my Gravis GamePad Pro USB, you'll need to tap the directional pad at least once at the windows desktop before it finally remembers its calibration....

I know.  It's weird that way.  I've got a different problem altogether:  FF8 won't remember the custom button config with this controller.  I have to reset it each time. :P

Akaruikage

Gamepad Troubles in FF8
« Reply #4 on: 2004-06-03 03:27:38 »
yeah, thanks! actually, I fixed it... I just uninstalled then re-installed, and for some reason it decides it'll stop it. I dunno what the problem was, but it's solved now. Thanks for the help!  8)

savage-xp

• View Profile
Gamepad Troubles in FF8
« Reply #5 on: 2004-06-03 21:59:35 »
My Gravis dont mess my system/game. Werd -_-