Author Topic: FF7: Play as KH Characters  (Read 11685 times)

AkuZeku2222

FF7: Play as KH Characters
« on: 2009-01-02 01:42:24 »
Alright, erm hi...

Well, this is my first idea for a mod of FF7 so, if it sounds completely out of range or just a plain dumb idea please tell me.

All right, so I was thinking for a while, and thanks to NameSpoofer's tutorial, Im thinking of putting my KH models in FF:7. Here are some of the character replacements I was thinking of.

Cloud = Sora
Aerith = KH1 or 2 Aerith ( havent decided yet :| )
Tifa = Kairi
Vincent = Riku
Cid = KH1 Cid
Yuffie = KH1 Yuffie
Barret = Leon
Cait Sith = Donald
Red XIII = Goofy

Pres. Shinra = Ansem the Wise
Rufus = Xehanort
Hojo = Even (Vexen Somebody)
Palmer = Sai (Saix Somebody)
Scarlett = Arlene (Larxene Somebody)
Heidegger = Laramia (Marluxia Somebody)
Reeve = Ael (Axel Somebody)
Tseng = Ienzo (Zexion Somebody)
Reno = Braig (Xigbar Somebody)
Rude = Aeleus (Lexaeus Somebody)
Elena = Dilan (Xaldin Somebody)
Gast = Myde (Demyx Somebody)
Manager =  DiZ
Domino = Mickey

Sephiroth = Xemnas
Zack = Roxas
Biggs = Hayner
Jessie = Olette
Wedge = Pence
Johnny = Tidus
Johhny's Friend (Big) = Wakka
Johnny's Friend (Little) = Selphie
Lucrecia = Namine (Namivex?!? o.O)
Dyne = Seifer
Dio = Rai
Don Corneo = Ludor (Luxord Somebody)

Thats all I have for now. Im planning to change Avalance with Hollow Bastion Restoration Comitee ( Ill think up some weird a** name :D ) and ShinRa with with DiZ (Electric will stay the same ;D)

If you have any suggestions for other characters or any ideas for this mod, just post it here!  :mrgreen:
-AkuZeku2222

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
Re: FF7: Play as KH Characters
« Reply #1 on: 2009-01-03 17:03:29 »
I basically approve of the suggested replacements, but I bet any replacement of Red XIII with a biped will be a problem ordinary people might not feel compelled to fully solve... Also, I whole-heartedly do not like KH (well, KH1 at least - KH2 was more alright-ish due to the beginning), so do not expect me to take it for a test-drive when it nears release.
(My opinions of KH are, of course, entirely unrelated to anything important here and now. If you feel you desperately must change my mind about it, do it through PM.)

Bluegrass79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-01-03 17:19:04 »
I say just replace the characters who are actually in FF7 and not go all crazy with it. Have ya seen the Sonic the hedgehog deal? Thats some crazy stuff.

AkuZeku2222

« Reply #3 on: 2009-01-04 17:11:14 »
I bet any replacement of Red XIII with a biped will be a problem ordinary people might not feel compelled to fully solve...

Ahh...I know, its gonna be hard with Nanaki  :|

Im trying to stay out of the Disney characters as much as possible just because thats the main part of Kingdom hearts that makes it sorta suckish.. I could switch Red XIII with Simba, and switch Leon with Goofy...but that would make the mod suck...

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-01-04 18:13:26 »
I say just replace the characters who are actually in FF7 and not go all crazy with it. Have ya seen the Sonic the hedgehog deal? Thats some crazy stuff.

*ahem*
I made that you know :wink:

Some people find it interesting to play the game with different characters, it adds a fresh new feel to the game. Kinda.

Anyway, this sounds good, got anything working yet?

AkuZeku2222

« Reply #5 on: 2009-01-04 19:10:42 »

*ahem*
I made that you know :wink:

Some people find it interesting to play the game with different characters, it adds a fresh new feel to the game. Kinda.

Anyway, this sounds good, got anything working yet?

I love the StH patch. Its so awesome :3

And I know how ya feel with the playing as different characters. It gets a little boring playing as the same old character all the time  :|

So far, I have all the files dumped. Its just that Im getting glitches when Im trying to rip them. i can view them fine, but 3d Ripper DX isnt ripping any of my files, Ive tried so many diff model viewers (Model Viewer WX, KH View, FFX View).

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-01-04 19:29:45 »
Ok, first off, stop using 3d ripper. It scales all your models strangely. Instead, use 3d printscreen, get your models in the right size and groups them by texture. just set up 3d printscreen and load khview, then make a snapshot. If you have 3ds max, i'll send you a plugin that can import the 3dxml format.

AkuZeku2222

« Reply #7 on: 2009-01-05 00:23:32 »
thank you so much, its working great! btw, I was thinking, maybe Red XIII could be pluto and Bugenhagen could be Goofy? Just an idea, but Im really liking it ^_^

EDIT: My 3dxml files arent readable in Blender 3d, is there another program ill have to open it in???
« Last Edit: 2009-01-05 00:48:27 by AkuZeku2222 »

NameSpoofer

« Reply #8 on: 2009-01-05 01:03:38 »
no plugins to open 3dxml in blender 3D, you will need 3d max

i have done all my works with blender and i haven't any problems

if you use 3d ripper dx to rip the model remember to check "also convert to wavefront obj." Then hit the capture key (F12) and you will get an obj file in your output folder.

use biturn and convert it to 3ds file, then open blender and choose import and select the model u just convert

the textures that come out are in dds form, just download dds converter and convert them to bmp

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-01-05 20:34:34 »
They are all for 3ds max i think. But 3dxml is better because it rips the models EXACTLY as they are. 3D ripper scales them. I compared a rip of KH Aerith in her T-Pose for you to see the difference in them.

The one with the belt was captured by 3d printscreen, and the other with 3d ripper dx. Can you see how they look different? 3d ripper scales them when it captures. There might be an importer for 3dxml in blender, does blender read scripts from 3ds max? It might work then.

AkuZeku2222

« Reply #10 on: 2009-01-06 01:04:47 »
If you have 3ds max, i'll send you a plugin that can import the 3dxml format.

could you send it to me please, btw your right, the printscreen does look better than the 3D Ripper ;D

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-01-06 12:42:32 »
Plugin here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AUJQ5T44

Dunno if i can actually post this...well if i cant an admin will remove it for me.

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-01-06 21:13:32 »
In Max, there is a "scale option" when you import the .3dr so you will get exactly the same model as the original one without being scaled if you choose this option.

*edit: it's "Recommended Value" box
« Last Edit: 2009-01-06 21:16:25 by Silver Wings »