Author Topic: HI FF7 GOING REALLY FAST....CANT CONTROL ANYTHING.  (Read 3073 times)

tanr07

Hi im new to forums..im running winxp pro, amd athlon x2 4200 and single 7800gt. i installed ff7, at main menu, the cursor goes up and down on the new game and continue choices and i cant control it. i can press enter to choose whatever its on at that moment, after the new game scene i get in the battle and again. it goes up and down up and down this tiem i cant even press enter to choose the command! help needed!! i tried the 1.02 patch, my game just goes black screen after i installed that patch. thx for any help in advance.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Re: HI FF7 GOING REALLY FAST....CANT CONTROL ANYTHING.
« Reply #1 on: 2006-06-22 05:30:59 »
.... You, uh, don't need to all-caps your title threads.  Things liek that will make people ignroe orflame you here.

Sounds like a control issue.  Are you trying to use a gamepad?

Also, with 1.02, go into ff7config and select TNT mode.

tanr07

« Reply #2 on: 2006-06-22 08:16:58 »
ok sorry for caps on title..thx for the tnt tip. and no im not tryin to use a gamepad. im just using plain o keyboard

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-06-22 18:08:31 »
hmm, ok, because if the courser is moving by itself, there's some kind of control/input issue, and I can assure you that it is not a bug that is native to the game itself.

I would suggest you back up all your important stuff (pictures, save games, homework, etc), format your HD and reinstall windows.  Because there's some kind of system conflict (virus?  other program?) and I'm not sure how to pin it down, unless someone else comes in with another idea.

optimummind

« Reply #4 on: 2007-03-12 07:15:27 »
I had the same problem.  I did end up fixing it, but the solution is kinda weird and I don't know why it worked.

I launched FF7 and noticed the fast moving cursor.  It kept going up and down between New Game and Continue.  I walked behind my PC and pulled out the USB cable (I have the Saitek Gamer's Keyboard).  Once I unplugged the keyboard, the cursor stopped moving, of course.  If I put it back in, the cursors would start moving really fast again.

So, I unplugged it again but plugged it in to a different USB slot.  Then, I used the NumPad keys to move the cursor and it worked!!!

I don't know why that USB port caused trouble for my keyboard and FF7.  But, whatever works, right?

-optimummind

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-03-12 11:29:55 »
I also have a Saitek keyboard.  Under the control panel, under game controllers, you have to select the preferred device you wish to use.  That solved my problem.