Author Topic: FFVII High-Res Patch Spanish version (beta-testers needed) (UPDATED)  (Read 6095 times)

NeXaR

• View Profile
As I said in the "standard" High-Res patch thread (part II), I'm translating the patch into spanish, in-game menus included. I need beta-testers because, from monday to friday, I'm away from home and I only have access to a laptop, limited to 1280x800, and testing it from weekend to weekend would make the testing much longer than needed (and desired  :-D ). So I need volunteers!

The requirements for the testing would be:

1. Have FF7 Spanish installed
2. Download 1.02 US version (here) (The FF7Config.exe from the spanish 1.02 could be used, no need for it to be US)
3. Apply The SaiNt's High-Res patch (http://forums.qhimm.com/The_SaiNt/[The_SaiNt]_High_Res_FF7PC_Patcher.rar) (both 1280x960 and 1280x1024, and backup it when patched, you'll need to restore it in order to install next version)
4. Apply my patch (here) CURRENT VERSION: 0.2sp
5. This final step should not be needed when I reach final version , but it is required by now:

Remove the language-letter form follwing files:

..\FFVII\data\field\sflevel.lgp
..\FFVII\data\minigame\schocobo.lgp
..\FFVII\data\minigame\scondor.lgp
..\FFVII\data\minigame\ssub.lgp

(ie. ..\FFVII\data\field\sflevel.lgp -> ..\FFVII\data\field\flevel.lgp)

Notice that the *_us.lgp and *-us.lgp files no longer need to be renamed.

You can install any other patch you want afterwards too (like 9999LimitBreaker) but if you do so, you will have to repeat steps 2-4 in order to install the next version of this patch.

What I'm asking you to do:
- To catch mistakes. For example, if I place a standard space (HEX 20) instead of the 00 HEX code between two words, it will show, for example "Nivel@limite" instead of "Nivel limite" ingame. A screenshot would be appreciated.
- To report crashes or similar issues. This patch is unlikely to be causing issues by itself, but you can never be 100% sure.

What I'm not asking you to do:
- To report text that is not translated yet. I know there are a lot of text in the "to do" list. I could ask for hunting this when reaching final stage, though. But not yet.

Known issues:
When you enter a shop and go to Sell > Materia, the Materia name is missplaced. It has nothing to do with my patch, I tried the 1.02US with TheSaint's patch without further modifying and it works the same. Maybe it's related to using US exe with spanish LGPs, but I don't know. It shows the name correctly in the Materia equipment menu, though:

Thank you all for your help. And have fun!

NeXaR

A question for those who have dealt with the exe: I managed to redirect the exe to *_sp.lgp/*-sp.lgp files, but not to s*.lgp files. I think it is related to the filename size (it remains the same when replacing "us" with "sp", but not when adding the starting "s", so HEX-editing does not help here). Anyone know how to do it?

BTW, there isn't any spanish player around here? :P

MOD EDIT: Combined two consecutive posts as one.
« Last Edit: 2007-02-06 13:07:31 by NeXaR »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Assuming that you're not changing pointers to the text, the new file name has to begin at the same spot the old one did, and has to be terminated with 0.

NeXaR

• View Profile
I did it as you said, but it isn't working. I just did a test only changing references for flevel.lgp > sflevel.lgp, changed filename to original, and then, when I load the game, it just throw me to desktop when the EIDOS logo movie is supposed to start playing :(

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Scratch that, the length is hardcoded - for english version it copies 4 DWords and 1 Byte of the provided text. Spanish version copies 4 DWords and 1 Word (so 1 extra Byte).

NeXaR

• View Profile
So I guess I'm helpless here... I will include a little bat file for autorenaming in next releases.

Thanks anyway :)

Another question. While playing through the game, I came to the first battle at Fort Condor, and something in there is messed up. There is no background or interface, you just see your units and the enemy (not even the actions menu!!!) I'll try to upload a pic later. Is this something related to the High-Res patch? Or maybe to merging US exe and Spanish LGPs?

BTW it's 6 AM here lol I'm off to bed :P

MOD EDIT: Combined two consecutive posts. Again. Come on NeXaR, it says in the rules that double posting is bad.

Note to Mods: I know, I know, I'm just not used to consider it as "double post" when there are days between them. How if I need to bump my topic because it's sinking? Anyway, back on topic

EDIT: Moved the materia name missplacing to first post.

Oh, and one more thing: how to resize a textbox? This is not strictly neccesary, but would look better in some specific places :D
« Last Edit: 2007-02-06 13:07:16 by NeXaR »

NeXaR

• View Profile
Before a Mod complains about double-posting, I did that this time because this thread was in the 2nd page of the forum, and no one would notice the update without a bump. If it is still incorrect, notify me and I'll start a whole new topic next time, but it would be nonsense to me...

Updated to v0.2
A lot more text done and file-renaming issue partially fixed. Please, if any spanish player is reading this help beta-testing!

Have fun!

pepelu

Hi NeXaR,

I'll try help with your beta-test, but I haven't started to play with it yet (just installed and applied some patches), and as you I only have time to play at weekends (I don't even have laptop), so as soon as I find something suspicious I'll tell you.

Thanks for you work!!!

Greetings

Borde

• View Profile
Hello NeXar.

Good idea, there has been a lot of people complaining about the language issue. I'll give this patch a try, but I'm a bit bussy with my other projects. Will tell you If I find something suspicious.

Hope my FF7 installation still works...

Turc

• View Profile
Your works are highly appreciated, but if you're ever gonna see ff7 in its most lucid and beautfil form you'll probably have to go to a ff7 cosplay convention....

High on acid.

Ragna

• View Profile
Hey it was my will to do that patch too, im psanish and i have some projects around FFVII so i think we can change some ideas or something maybe i can help u in something and you can help in something too lol thank you for that patch I want to see you here posting a new release ^^