Author Topic: [PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.54)  (Read 486957 times)

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.50)
« Reply #775 on: 2016-01-10 00:36:34 »
i made another update:

log is implemented and you can directly check the it in the application. click on it to show and a second time to hide it.
i can read the library (Catalog) from iro (pastebin), but i have made changes. so it does work similar,but it is still different. just click on "check subscription" and load the library.
=> i have my own catalog with some changes.

more will come, but thats it for today.

https://mega.nz/#!MhMHDIiB!Ll9sMsk_9AkVKuf9e1NeMHPZ0tbb_i37ZKPc599FKoA

have a nice day everyone.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #776 on: 2016-01-10 01:45:33 »
There's an error in the auto settings...C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIIdata\movies\

There needs to be an \ placed before data.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 2016-01-10 13:27:37 »
New version v1.51: https://mega.nz/#!OM1QFa4C!nim0JGhMBntu17ThE6oyqfWeBRztLcoHzhBm_5yFIEs

Changes:

-Fixed bug in patch creation process
-Fixed a number of startup crashes
-Added 'Profile Details' button. This shows which mods are active, in the order you have set up, with all the config options for each mod. You can copy these details into a forum post to help with debugging.
-Tweak default settings when running 7H for first time

@EQ2Alyza: I think this is all the bugs you reported, hopefully at least

@Insight: I like how the design is going, but I will need to make some changes to the code before it can be made to work with a xaml layout.

@Ace: Sorry, cannot reproduce your problem using space bar to change priority :/ can you take a screenshot of how it looks when it goes wrong?

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2016-01-10 13:32:01 »
as always, thank you alyza. double checking is always a good thing.

i want to take the time to explain some stuff about the new UI and what will change due to better handling and managing files and mods.

1. Settings
The Settings consist of two classes, ClientSettings and GameSettings. If you start the application for the first time, folders and default settings are being generated and placed in the folderstructure of 7th.
ClientSettings will set the configuration of 7th Heaven and GameSettings will configurate the video and audio settings for the game itself (take a look at aali's driver).

The planned folderstructure as of now is like:

7th Root
- Config
--Settings
---ClientSettings.xml
---GameSettings.xml
-Subscriptions
--Subscription_X.xml (x is an integer)
-Library
--Mod files (*.iro)
-Log
--yyyy-mm-dd.txt

The idea of having everything you need to know /change for 7th is in one place, is more userfriendly imo.

What will change in the ClientSettings?
Just two things:
- The default settings will set the library path to 7th root/Library/
- The subscriptions box just needs the ID of the pastbin catalog. I access  them via an api and save the content to the xml.

No change for the GameSettings.

2.Logging
As far as i remember, the current 7th has no real adequate logging feature. It is important to trace errors in a more userfriendly way, so everyone can help each other in the forums better.
Every action will be logged and saved in the Log folder. Additionally, all tasks that have been done, will be logged in the Log-Tab / -Window. You can check it via the screen if a task was successfully or created an error. If you see it for yourself, you get the hang of it. Hope you know what i mean.

3.Online Library
First of all, there are changes.

The current class looks like this:

Code: [Select]
[Serializable]
    public class Mod
    {
        public string ID { get; set; }
        public string Author { get; set; }
        [XmlIgnore]
        public Uri ForumThread { get; set; }

[XmlElement("ForumThread")]
        public string ForumThreadString
        {
            get { return ForumThread?.ToString(); }
            set { ForumThread = new Uri(value); }
        }

public LatestVersion LatestVersion { get; set; }
        public int MetaVersion { get; set; }
        public string Name { get; set; }
        public string Description { get; set; }
        public List<string> Tags { get; set; }

[XmlIgnore]
        public Uri Patch { get; set; }
        [XmlElement("Patch")]
        public string PatchString
        {
            get { return Patch?.ToString(); }
            set { Patch = new Uri(value); }
        }

[Serializable]
    public class LatestVersion
    {
        public string Version { get; set; }

[XmlIgnore]
        public Uri Mega { get; set; }
        [XmlElement("Mega")]
        public string MegaString
        {
            get { return Mega?.ToString(); }
            set { Mega = new Uri(value); }
        }

[XmlIgnore]
        public Uri Google { get; set; }
        [XmlElement("Google")]
        public string GoogleString
        {
            get { return Google?.ToString(); }
            set { Google = new Uri(value); }
        }

[XmlIgnore]
        public Uri Patch { get; set; }
        [XmlElement("Patch")]
        public string PatchString
        {
            get { return Patch?.ToString(); }
            set { Patch = new Uri(value); }
        }

public string ExtractSubFolder { get; set; }
        public string ExtractInfo { get; set; }
        public DateTime ReleaseDate { get; set; }
        public string CompatibleGameVersions { get; set; }

[XmlIgnore]
        public Uri Image { get; set; }
        [XmlElement("Image")]
        public string ImageString
        {
            get { return Image?.ToString(); }
            set { Image = new Uri(value); }
        }

public string ReleaseNotes { get; set; }
        public int DownloadSize { get; set; }

In that case, the library has to be altered. I did that and the result is working really good. I havent the time to make more of it right now, so i just put it to the DataGrid...
As i already mentioned at another thread, i would like to add an additional field for Auto-Order. Thats for something later.

Thats how far the progress is.

When i can handle the online library, downloading stuff, activating and deactivating mods, i need the help of iro, because i cannot do the "inject mod etc." stuff.

All is still WIP.

ps: if you are interested about the new catalog, check:  http://pastebin.com/raw/Ra9wUPab

Thank you for your attention.

@Iro (the last post)
Maybe, but not necessarily. The core part, the injection, is the most important part and it is already working. There might be the case that some stuff has to be rewritten for wpf than it was working in the winform-application. I mentioned earlier that i would put your core functionality to a library which can be accessed by the ui (which it is already doing, for other stuff). would that be alright with you? I am not at this point yet, but it might be in the future.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-10 13:37:17 by Insight »

Eeketh

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.51)
« Reply #779 on: 2016-01-10 15:05:22 »
Howdy,

I'm looking for a new programming project to do in my spare time, and EQ2Alyza directed me here :)
Is there anything I can do to help out?

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #780 on: 2016-01-10 15:39:29 »
Hm, that depends what you can do ^^
Do you have knowledge about C# and the Windows Presentation Foundation (short:WPF)?

Eeketh

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2016-01-10 15:56:36 »
I work as a C# developer, but have no experience with WPF I'm afraid.
At work, we use WinForms for the desktop client, and outside of work I tend to play with Unity or Java, so never touched it...

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 2016-01-10 16:05:31 »
Hm, C# developer is good. I am one as well. We left winforms years ago and now using WPF all the way.

If you don't know WPF, it doesnt matter. That means the UI and so on is still on my side and the rest, well, i am not sure.

I started to write about the WIP from my current version. There has been changes again, which i havent listed, but oh well.
The first goal is that i am trying to achieve a nearly functional 7th what we already have (with optimizations and so on). As you may know, the current 7th heaven is written in WinForms and thats why i have started from scratch, because both are not really compatible. The only thing which stays (nearly) the same ist the core, the injection part.
Since i haven't seen the project source itself, i can't tell you what can be done or not. A good approach would be to wait for a response on Iro's side. He may have a suggestion where you could support us if you are still willing to help. ... if that is ok with you, i don't know ^^

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 2016-01-11 19:25:18 »
i made an update.

please check subscriptions and after its completed, load the library.

i can display the information as i have implemented now, with rowdetails. or i can display the data within a seperate frame. i am not sure what you might like. so check it out and tell me.

https://mega.nz/#!JwMWTDZB!pk-KYCB1ofMfXjojEDxpHX9IDJTyI2ClBFMlNo8uro8

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2016-01-12 19:58:27 »
New update v1.52: https://mega.nz/#!aQdXiZYA!aJnVbQH5kWSi5sC6QMdgPmjKmhfUdsP-87R70j90ub4

-Support audio preview (e.g. for music mod) in config screen
-Support tags in XML to specify load order rules, to say a mod should come before/after other mods

1) Audio preview files:

Add a attribute 'PreviewAudio' to your Option tags, e.g.

<Option Value="0" Name="Orchestral" PreviewFile="preview\orchestral.png" PreviewAudio="orch\jukai.ogg"/>
<Option Value="1" Name="Lifestream" PreviewFile="preview\lifestream.png" PreviewAudio="ls\ayasi.ogg"/>

The file must exist in the mod of course. The audio does not play automatically, but the user can click a button to preview what that music sounds like.

2) Specify mod ordering:

Add tags to the mod like this:

<OrderConstraints>
    <Before>73271161-6402-46a9-8cd8-72bf3c19a9c5</Before>
    <After>bc6f1dec-5cef-4f16-934e-4959aca1ea57</After>
  </OrderConstraints>

This sets the mod to say it must come AFTER a particular other mod in the load order, and BEFORE another mod in the load order.

If the other mods are not active, it will not complain at all. But if they are, it will warn the user if the order is not correct.

For now, it will only warn, not try and correct the order. That may come later. It is not super simple because if lots of mods have order constraints, there may not be a correct order, and it can be complicated to calculate.

@EQ2Alyza: I expect you will make the most use of these tags, let me know if you have any questions :)

@Insight: I would not suggest changing any of the XML formats as the core 7H libraries use them internally. Of course perhaps we will add new fields in the future.

@Eeketh: Not sure there is much to be done right now? Thank you for the offer of help though. There are probably many other tools that could use some coding help though. Perhaps it is a good idea to ask mod authors what tools would help them.

Insight

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.52)
« Reply #785 on: 2016-01-12 20:09:19 »
New update v1.52: https://mega.nz/#!aQdXiZYA!aJnVbQH5kWSi5sC6QMdgPmjKmhfUdsP-87R70j90ub4

-Support audio preview (e.g. for music mod) in config screen
-Support tags in XML to specify load order rules, to say a mod should come before/after other mods

1) Audio preview files:

Add a attribute 'PreviewAudio' to your Option tags, e.g.

<Option Value="0" Name="Orchestral" PreviewFile="preview\orchestral.png" PreviewAudio="orch\jukai.ogg"/>
<Option Value="1" Name="Lifestream" PreviewFile="preview\lifestream.png" PreviewAudio="ls\ayasi.ogg"/>

The file must exist in the mod off course. The audio does not play automatically, but the user can click a button to preview what that music sounds like.

2) Specify mod ordering:

Add tags to the mod like this:

<OrderConstraints>
    <Before>73271161-6402-46a9-8cd8-72bf3c19a9c5</Before>
    <After>bc6f1dec-5cef-4f16-934e-4959aca1ea57</After>
  </OrderConstraints>

This sets the mod to say it must come AFTER a particular other mod in the load order, and BEFORE another mod in the load order.

If the other mods are not active, it will not complain at all. But if they are, it will warn the user if the order is not correct.

For now, it will only warn, not try and correct the order. That may come later. It is not super simple because if lots of mods have order constraints, there may not be a correct order, and it can be complicated to calculate.

@EQ2Alyza: I expect you will make the most use of these tags, let me know if you have any questions :)

@Insight: I would not suggest changing any of the XML formats as the core 7H libraries use them internally. off course perhaps we will add new fields in the future.

@Eeketh: Not sure there is much to be done right now? Thank you for the offer of help though. There are probably many other tools that could use some coding help though. Perhaps it is a good idea to ask mod authors what tools would help them.

Hm,i think that the current used XML structure (and the code behindert itself i guess) is not efficient and could be optimized (no offence!). Also in the current form, i find it quite hard to create a new UI with certain mechanism (in WPF) without optimizing the code itself. I could wait until you have finished 7th heaven completely and then continue the overhaul.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 2016-01-13 08:01:27 »
@Iros

Just want to let you know of multiple reports (including myself) where SharpCompressU.dll fails to download during the update. I have advised everyone to download v1.52 and manually replace the files for now.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 2016-01-13 14:34:12 »
When I start 7th heaven 1.50 it asks if I want to update to 1.52 I say yes, then a permissions box pops up I click run, and nothing happens it doesn't update.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: 2016-01-13 15:05:02 »

I think it would be better to make a global list for the mod's loadorder. It seems to me much easier this way to provide support for a false load order (if a new mod will be released - also what does happen if two mods have the same conditions?). Maybe a list from paste.bin or a local xml?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 2016-01-14 06:35:45 »
I think it would be better to make a global list for the mod's loadorder. It seems to me much easier this way to provide support for a false load order (if a new mod will be released - also what does happen if two mods have the same conditions?). Maybe a list from paste.bin or a local xml?

If mods have the same conditions, then I would set them to disable the opposite when you activate one through the Configure Mod window. This would prevent both from ever being being active together.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 2016-01-14 16:39:58 »
When I start 7th heaven 1.50 it asks if I want to update to 1.52 I say yes, then a permissions box pops up I click run, and nothing happens it doesn't update.

Download 1.52 in this thread, unzip and copy and paste them over the old files.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 2016-01-15 19:51:58 »
@Iros
Does 7H have the function to make 7H own custom variables? I think of something like a timer based mod. Let's say I want to create a mod for an Avalanche minigame with a member and mission design as in Assassins Creed Brotherhood, I would need a global timer which is independent from the game.

Here is the last and probably impossible question is possible to inject the field texts created by toughscript into the game?
@Eeketh
 It might be a really useful if we have a tool which can replace the text on the fly with the info ordinary text files. If we can bring it down to string system we would get a really mod friendly game.
As example imagine we would use text strings already. The text strings of Beacause would simply overwrite the identical strings of the NT mod and leave the new created strings intact.
Well it's only an idea.

If mods have the same conditions, then I would set them to disable the opposite when you activate one through the Configure Mod window. This would prevent both from ever being being active together.
You get me wrong, I want to know what happens if two mods want to be before Mod B but after Mod A. Is there a priority to order these mods in a way? I personally like it more to have a optional list which does order the mods in the correct manner. Mod authors can't test every mod is compatible, but the community can. And a list can be fast shared. This was actually my idea, when I wanted to merge the organization of Bootleg with the much wider possibilities of 7th Heaven.

Btw. I have taken a look at the new catalog finally. Why not request a batch file support to rename the different exe's when a mod is active? On the otherside when I have time I could try to to make hext patches of them if possible. I knew that a few things doesn't work.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-15 21:27:15 by Kaldarasha »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2016-01-16 01:26:44 »
Hext patches for the different exe would be nice. It's so much easier to stick them in the hext folder and add the enable/disable compatibility into them.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2016-01-21 20:31:44 »
Hey guys, i dont know where to post this q but is there a mod equivalent to this for psx? Are there mods for psx like this 7h tool or reunion or anything similar quality? Tried google but no success except for few minor, incomplete mods...

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 2016-01-22 04:03:04 »
Not that I know of. Almost everything at Qhimm is for PC versions.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #795 on: 2016-01-22 06:42:46 »
Not that I know of. Almost everything at Qhimm is for PC versions.
Ok thx for the reply Alyza. :-)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: 2016-01-23 15:17:07 »
I got always an error when I want to activate my Chaos Base mod.
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.fDownloads.CompleteIProc(DownloadItem item, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fDownloads.cs:Zeile 56.
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.fDownloads.<>c__DisplayClass13.<ProcessDownloadComplete>b__11() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fDownloads.cs:Zeile 187.
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.Install.InstallModProcedure.ProcessDownload(Object state) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Install.cs:Zeile 385.
   bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   bei System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

And this when I want to use the loose files
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
   bei _7thWrapperLib.RuntimeVar.MakeRuntimeVar(String spec, String value) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\RuntimeVar.cs:Zeile 0.
   bei _7thWrapperLib.CRuntimeVar.Init(XmlNode source, LoaderContext ctx) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Profile.cs:Zeile 705.
   bei _7thWrapperLib.Conditional.Load(XmlNode source, LoaderContext ctx) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Profile.cs:Zeile 687.
   bei _7thWrapperLib.ConditionalFolder..ctor(XmlNode node, LoaderContext ctx) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Profile.cs:Zeile 663.
   bei _7thWrapperLib.ModInfo.Load(XmlDocument doc, LoaderContext ctx) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Profile.cs:Zeile 520.
   bei _7thWrapperLib.ModInfo..ctor(String filePath, LoaderContext ctx) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Profile.cs:Zeile 510.
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.GetModInfo(InstalledItem ii) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:Zeile 893.
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.ToggleActivateMod(Guid modID) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:Zeile 799.
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.DoModBarAction(pMod pm, ModBarAction a) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:Zeile 913.
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.pMod.bActivate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\pMod.cs:Zeile 195.
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
« Last Edit: 2016-01-23 15:33:02 by Kaldarasha »

philman

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: 2016-01-24 19:43:49 »
I've got this error when trying to start 7thheaven  :o

System.TypeInitializationException: O inicializador de tipo de 'Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys' acionou uma exceção. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Erro no documento XML (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Elemento raiz inexistente.
   em System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   em System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   em System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   em System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   em System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   em Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSettings.Read8_Settings()
   --- Fim do rastreamento de pilha de exceções internas ---
   em System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   em System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   em Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](Stream s) na c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:linha 10
   em Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](String file) na c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:linha 14
   em Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys..cctor() na c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Sys.cs:linha 100
   --- Fim do rastreamento de pilha de exceções internas ---
   em Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys.get_Catalog()
   em Iros._7th.Workshop.pTags.Init() na c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\pTags.cs:linha 20
   em Iros._7th.Workshop.pTags..ctor() na c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\pTags.cs:linha 29
   em Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.InitializeComponent() na c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.Designer.cs:linha 44
   em Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary..ctor() na c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:linha 17
   em Iros._7th.Workshop.Program.Main() na c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Program.cs:linha 18

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #798 on: 2016-09-29 19:31:54 »
Nobody's told me the test version I compiled earlier this week worked ... but nobody's said it didn't work either, so.

http://www.ficedula.co.uk/7H_1.53.zip

This only contains a few bug fixes, specifically;

-7H won't crash out when loading if the settings or library file is corrupt
-7H won't crash if the ff7.exe is missing / not found, or if permission is denied trying to run it

This update won't show up via the auto update mechanism since I don't have access to Iros' mega account; perhaps longer term, the auto update mechanism should be changed. For now, you'll have to download it manually.

If 7H is working fine for you - there's probably no point applying this update, unless you feel like testing it out. Might be worthwhile using this version if you're setting up from scratch, though, since it'll behave a bit better if you configure things incorrectly.

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: 2016-09-29 19:46:15 »
Doesn't run at all for me on Windows 10, not even an error message.