Author Topic: Final Fantasy 12, the characters?  (Read 3347 times)

ye-roon

• View Profile
Final Fantasy 12, the characters?
« on: 2008-03-10 16:22:21 »
Hey evryone, long time no see :D

Anyways, i got a question. I just bought FF12 and just started playing it. And i'm wondering why no one talks about the characters. I like to know some stuff about characters like how they are, where they come from, what weapons they prefer to use(lore wise or just personal choice). I'm at the point now where i am in jail. So i met about 4 or 5 characters i think. But that license system is really creepy. Seeing as potentially evryone can use evry weapon. Anyways, i searched the net for some personal info about the characters, but there doesnt seem to be any.

yoshi314

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 12, the characters?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-03-10 17:55:00 »
well, there is character info in the manual.... do you have one?

also most stuff reveals itself during gameplay. i started playing the game, but i postponed it for now. right now i'm hunting remaining monsters, and trying to find all the rare beasts.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-03-30 15:53:55 »
I finished this game a long time ago, so I can just answer from what I can remember, which is Basch uses Broadswords, Balthier uses Firearms, and that's all I'm afraid.  The License board is in my oppinion one of the worst levelling methods in the FF series.  It removes all uniqueness from characters,  For example in VII, you knew Barret was you're gun man, Cloud was you're Big huge sword guy, FF8 you knew Squall was the big sword guy etc...
The License board is an awfull idea, that will hopefully never appear again.  Although similair, the sphere grid from FFX is in my oppinion the best levelling method :-)

Synergy Blades

« Reply #3 on: 2008-03-30 16:19:03 »
Mind you, if you get the International version, you can apply a rigid class system to your characters so that they obtain only certain skills - black magic, white magic, etc. Shame they didn't release an English-text International... would have bought it if they had.  :-(

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-03-30 16:20:37 »
Ah would that be the fabled Zodiac edition? I was waiting for that, for several months after I had traded the original, but to no avail, the supposed European release of it got cancelled a few weeks before it's schedualed release.  I was absoloutly gutted!

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-03-31 11:12:27 »
Yep Zodiac edition was something to look forward to...