Final Fantasy 9 > FF9 Gameplay Releases

[PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v6.0)

<< < (80/98) > >>

Telverin:
Hi new here, is it possible to change the name and visual spell affect of an ability or spell? Say I want to rename the non trance use of Free Energy and make its visual different, is that possible? It atleast just renaming spells for customization purposes?

Btw great mod I love it.

Tirlititi:
Hi Telverin.
It is possible to rename the spell and change its visual effect into an already existing visual effect. The most straightforward way is to directly edit the modded files in AF's folder:
- for the visual, it's "AlternateFantasy/StreamingAssets/Data/Battle/Actions.csv",
- for the spell's name, it's "AlternateFantasy/FF9_Data/embeddedasset/text/us/ability/aa_name.mes" (replace "us" by another language if you don't play in US english).
These files can both be modified using a text editor. The CSV is a spreadsheet so it may also be edited with a good spreadsheet editor, but you must beware of keeping the exact same CSV format, which some spreadsheet editors can't do.

Another way to do that is to use the tool Hades Workshop. It takes longer to load but it gives a more comprehensible interface, so you don't have to figure out what number you need to input in spreadsheets. For that:
1) Download the tool Hades Workshop.
2) In that tool, "File -> Open -> FF9_Launcher.exe" (in your game's directory), then "File -> Open Mod -> AlternateFantasy_v5.2.hws" (that file is provided in the download link, inside the "Source v5.2" folder), let every available option checked and proceed, then wait for the datas to load (it will take some time).
3) In the "Party -> Spells" panel, search for Free Energy. There should be 2 of them, the first is the non-trance and the second one is the trance version. Change the "Name" and "Animation" of these.
4) "File -> Save Steam Mod -> Raw assets + Spreadsheet" will generate a mod folder comparable to the "AlternateFantasy" mod folder.
5) Merge the folder you generated into the folder "AlternateFantasy":
--- the new files from your folder should replace the files from "AlternateFantasy"
--- but there are also files that are present in "AlternateFantasy" and not in your new folder and it is important for them to be in the result of the merging.
6) That should be good. In case you rename the folder that is the result of the merging (instead of keeping "AlternateFantasy"), you must register that new name in the Memoria.ini in place of "AlternateFantasy".

Telverin:
Thank you very much! The mod is wonderful so far.

By chance has editing damage values in this topic been discussed and if so could you point me towards it if you are able? I want to edit Freya's trance jump damage because I always felt it was lackluster. Unless of course you fixed it, I just always wished it did more damage against bosses haha. Otherwise have a good day and thank you for your time.

Tirlititi:
I made her trance jump deal more damage indeed. It no longer uses the same damage wide range as Quina's attack (which was the formula used in vanilla).

vomitrocious00:
Quick question, does anyone have the Beatrix-only HWS file? I could have sworn I downloaded it a couple weeks ago but can't find it anymore.

edit: Nevermind. It was included in the Alternate Fantasy folder, just redownloaded it. heh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version