Final Fantasy 9 > FF9 Gameplay Releases

[PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v6.0)

<< < (2/98) > >>

gorildo:
That's good to know, some 2 years will do wonders for helping forgetting a few things about the game and refreshing my memory. There's some things I'd like to suggest:

- First, I'm personally very bothered by the way the stat bonus system in this game works. I think it would be best if there were fixed stat growth. I'm paranoid about leveling up until much later in the game.
- Faster frog spawning.
- Having to ignore the items on the fourth slot really hurts my OCD, it would be better if there were none in that slot until you get Thief Cuffs, OR...
- Enable it earlier, on Disc 2, along with Rat's Tail. I honestly doesn't see this affecting the game balance at all.
- I checked out your Beatrix vs Beatrix vs Beatrix video on the other thread, it's pretty cool, I wonder if you have any ideas for it, would be cool.

I can already do some of that with some cheating or some basic editing here and there, but anyway.

I'll eagerly await for more.  8)

iloveyou771:
Beatrix replace Steiner as a full playable character...love beatrix

Stellary:
Hello!

Where the hell is Tiger Racket in this mod?

I've just gotten dark-blue chocobo, looked everywhere for it and no sight of it.

Please tell me the location or at least if I can only get it in Disc 4.

Vir:
Hi Tirlititi,

I didn't know HW could fix the card score glitch; I'm surprised I overlooked that when you first released this mod! Is there much to it? My mod fixes what bugs it can, so if I can do this one, I suppose I shall. Thank you for your input.

Tirlititi:
Hey Vir. Unfortunatly, it can't fix the card glitch ; I fixed that glitch directly by hex-editing. That and the name switching of Eiko's Fenrir were the 2 things I've done by hex editing (though you can modify summoning names without problem now).

I still don't understand where this card glitch comes from. I guess it's some issue with the MIPS code (a kind of ASM). You can see in Hades Workshop that the card menu's texts begin with the different ranks, and "Would you like to discard this card?" comes right after in the list. The only thing you can do using HW is exchanging the last rank with this discard text, that is the first 2 steps of the instructions detailled here.

For the third step, however, it would need more features related to the menus UI to make it feasible with HW.

If you hex-edit the files, you can add them to your patch made with HW, though :
1) create your patch without the glitch fix,
2) duplicate your game file and apply the patch to one of them,
3) hex-edit the patched file to fix the glitch,
4) use the program MakePPF to create a new .ppf patch containing all the fixes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version