Final Fantasy 7 > General Discussion

[SPOILERS] FF7 remake discussion time!

<< < (2/69) > >>

Az:
Alright, so this game is not at all what was expected after reading some of the early leaks, and the marketing has been completely deceptive. Massive spoilers, of course.Spoiler: showSo, the "remake" is essentially a sequel to the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII that involves a future Sephiroth traveling back in time to undo what lead to his demise in the original game, including undoing Zack's death in the outskirts of Midgar.  The "ghosts" seen in the trailers are there to prevent the original timeline from being disrupted, and any action Cloud takes that influences a divergence in the timeline, like almost dealing a fatal blow to Reno in the Sector 5 Church, is physically prevented. They're present because Sephiroth has already arrived in the timeline at that point, and the game ends with Sephiroth tricking Cloud and co into killing these Watchmen and severing the chains of fate, leading to an unknown future, and in turn entirely different sequels post-Midgar.

In my opinion, this is better than just unfaithfully remaking the game. It's a sequel that requires full knowledge of the original game and extended universe. It doesn't serve to "replace" anything for a younger audience after all.

-Ric-:

--- Quote from: Az on 2020-04-05 04:34:03 ---

--- End quote ---

fern me, I shouldn't have read that. If it's true though, sounds dope as hell. I'm sure crybabies will still moan about it not being a 1:1 copy of the original though. Entertaining tears are sure to follow.

No offense.

gjoerulv:

--- Quote from: Az on 2020-04-05 04:34:03 ---.

--- End quote ---
:-o
HAHAHAHAHAHA! IS this for real?! It can't possibly be real... If it is... Omg, that's a new level of stupid. GG SE, you did it again, lmao. Welp, at least I didn't see it coming.  :-D

Sigh, I just wanted them to make a 1:1 carbon copy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ::) ::)

Kefka:

--- Quote from: Az on 2020-04-05 04:34:03 ---Alright, so this game is not at all what was expected after reading some of the early leaks, and the marketing has been completely deceptive. Massive spoilers, of course.Spoiler: showSo, the "remake" is essentially a sequel to the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII that involves a future Sephiroth traveling back in time to undo what lead to his demise in the original game, including undoing Zack's death in the outskirts of Midgar.  The "ghosts" seen in the trailers are there to prevent the original timeline from being disrupted, and any action Cloud takes that influences a divergence in the timeline, like almost dealing a fatal blow to Reno in the Sector 5 Church, is physically prevented. They're present because Sephiroth has already arrived in the timeline at that point, and the game ends with Sephiroth tricking Cloud and co into killing these Watchmen and severing the chains of fate, leading to an unknown future, and in turn entirely different sequels post-Midgar.

--- End quote ---

OMG... just as I was thinking my opinion of Square Enix and this remake couldn't possibly drop any lower, they prove me wrong yet again, lol. I couldn't believe this at first, but several other sites seem to confirm this, so I assume it is indeed true:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168653-final-fantasy-vii-remake/78537298?page=27

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFVIIRemake/comments/eiszuh/spoiler_containment_unit_abandon_all_hope_ye_who/

Also, the ending of the first episode is already on youtube, showing Spoiler: showZack's survival

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc9j6k6ZY8c

OMG... this isn't even a remake at all, it's a poorly written, totally ridiculous fanfic, lol.

Az:
Yes, it's very real. There's a bunch of shenanigans that will make you fall out of your chair laughing. For instance,
Spoiler: showduring the confrontation with Hojo on the 68th floor, Hojo recognizes Cloud and is about to reveal his true identity, which causes time ghosts to appear out of thin air and pull him out of the room by his collar. This sequence is straight out of a slapstick comedy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version