Author Topic: FF7 Date crash  (Read 4575 times)

hey

FF7 Date crash
« on: 2004-07-22 11:14:27 »
Hi

When I am playing through the date it crashes after aeris talks about her past boyfriend.

Can anyone help me?

sfx1999

• View Profile
FF7 Date crash
« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-22 13:20:39 »
Is your disk scratched?

Messiah99

• View Profile
FF7 Date crash
« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-22 13:27:17 »
The discs arent the problem, he just has the newly-infamous Gondola crash, akin to the Cosmo Canyon crash. There've been a few cases of it lately, though this one seems to be new to XP.

hey, Id take care of it for you, but unfortunately my computers decided to fight with me the past day or two, but Im sure someone will likely be willing to play through for you.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
FF7 Date crash
« Reply #3 on: 2004-07-22 18:27:54 »
Damn FMVs.  I think we really need to get to the bottom of this, it's getting out of hand!

Okay, "hey" *snicker* here's what i need you to do for me.  Play through again, but this time, just before the gongola ride, hold ctrl and hit "tab" to get back into windows.  Find your way to your ff7 cd in windows, and go to ff7\movies\ and open "Gold7_2.avi".  Let it loop in winamp a few times so that it's in memory.  Then try playing through again, see if you get the crash.

if the crash still happens, post again and i or someoen else will get past the part for ya.  Though you miss some pretty important stuff between the ride and the next save =/

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
FF7 Date crash
« Reply #4 on: 2004-07-22 21:55:58 »
...I think your going to miss the Caith Sith stealing the Black materia...and giving it to Shinra. And some dialog that is not quite understandable with Aeris and Cloud..... Translation get's kinda wierd in this game, at times.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
FF7 Date crash
« Reply #5 on: 2004-07-23 09:00:53 »
meh with my vers i only had chocobo race crash and for soem reason, when i went to
Spoiler: show
north crater and did the thing where you jump down stones, it would show me the fmv of flying to the north crater in stead of the background.. weird, huh?

hey

FF7 Date crash
« Reply #6 on: 2004-07-24 08:07:29 »
Here is my savefile. None of the suggestions worked. You will have to unzip it.

http://au.geocities.com/asitha181/filesave.zip

hey

FF7 Date crash
« Reply #7 on: 2004-07-25 01:39:12 »
You need to copy the http into your address bar.

Messiah99

• View Profile
FF7 Date crash
« Reply #8 on: 2004-07-25 19:13:13 »
1. Please dont double post, edit your last post if noone has replied since.

2. You shouldnt have to sopy anything, looks to me like you got yourself a link there.

3. Id do it for you myself now, but I dont have FF7 installed anymore. It, along with everything else I had installed, fell victim to a hard drive format. God I love this "little engine that couldnt" of a computer of mine, haha. :lol:

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
FF7 Date crash
« Reply #9 on: 2004-07-25 20:38:48 »
Quote from: Messiah99
3. Id do it for you myself now, but I dont have FF7 installed anymore. It, along with everything else I had installed, fell victim to a hard drive format. God I love this "little engine that couldnt" of a computer of mine, haha. :lol:

Quite similar to my pc that is "The big beast engine that could, but really can't be arsed" then!

hey

FF7 Date crash
« Reply #10 on: 2004-07-25 22:56:08 »
You have to copy the http address because Yahoo doesnt let you access downloadable files from other websites.

Could someone please do this?

wingzeroismine

FF7 Date crash
« Reply #11 on: 2004-07-27 15:50:11 »
actually, yahoo lets others download files from your website, if your file isn't linked to a webpage then they don't like it. Make yourself a secret directory, which is really just a blank page with the link to the file. Years after they took my main site from me (emulators, roms, that sort of stuff) the secret directory stayed up.

It seems that they have taken the file down, or someone else solved your problem....

hey

FF7 Date crash
« Reply #12 on: 2004-08-05 08:23:20 »
Please! Please! Please! Can somebody do this.

Trust Me, you have to copy it in your address bar.