Author Topic: [PC] External Texture Support - Tonberry: Enhanced (2.04)  (Read 472011 times)

Mitroman

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC] External Texture Support - Tonberry: Enhanced (2.04)
« Reply #200 on: 2016-02-20 22:16:17 »
OK ill refer back to this page if i have any luck, thanks again.

Mitroman

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2016-02-21 01:12:23 »
Hello sorry to bother you again i'm just curious to what this error might mean and if you've seen it before it's,

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF8 1.2 US English
INFO: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics 4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.4276
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: Shader limits: varying 64, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 4096
ERROR: failed to stat file /shaders/nolight/main.vert
ERROR: failed to load shaders, reverting to fixed function
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZING SOUND...
  initializing direct sound
  EAXDirectSoundCreate
  creating primary buffer
  initializing audio data
  ERROR - could not find audio data
  initializing streaming
SOUND INITIALIZED
DIRECT MUSIC - Enumerating Ports...
PORT 0: Microsoft MIDI Mapper [Emulated]
GUID={0x4a496294,0x2351,0x47d5,0x8e,0xc6,0xe9,0x14,0x5d,0x16,0x27,0xb2}
PORT 1: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth [Emulated]
GUID={0x813b055a,0xf034,0x4b48,0xbb,0xeb,0x8c,0xf1,0x44,0x8a,0x79,0x9d}
PORT 2: Microsoft Synthesizer
GUID={0x58c2b4d0,0x46e7,0x11d1,0x89,0xac,0x0,0xa0,0xc9,0x5,0x41,0x29}
Using Default Port...
Creating Port1...
    Microsoft Synthesizer
  Port1 supports XG data
Cannot open Movie File: ˆUÚF:\Program Files C\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII\Publish.pak
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE ˆUÚF:\Program Files C\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII\data\menu.fi
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE ˆUÚF:\Program Files C\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII\data\menu.fi
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE \ff8\data\eng\menu\hires\sysfld00.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE \ff8\data\eng\menu\hires\sysfld00.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE \ff8\data\eng\menu\hires\sysfld00.tim
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE \ff8\data\eng\menu\hires\sysfld01.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE \ff8\data\eng\menu\hires\sysfld01.TEXQ5
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE \ff8\data\eng\menu\hires\sysfld01.tim
ERROR: unhandled exception

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #202 on: 2016-02-21 02:08:17 »
Are you using anything other than just Tonberry with your FF8? Also, where did you go to find the details for the errors?

Mitroman

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2016-02-21 02:14:18 »
yes the patch beacuse it says missing eax from the driver, i thought that where i went from there because tonberry wasnt working

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #204 on: 2016-02-21 02:20:16 »
A patch...? I think I'm a little lost. What driver are we talking about? I know you said your game won't run when putting the Tonberry files in from another post you made.

Mitroman

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2016-02-21 02:24:50 »
yes a custom driver, i was told that works with FF8 to make the mods work

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #206 on: 2016-02-21 02:28:44 »
yes a custom driver, i was told that works with FF8 to make the mods work

Ah... Okay, I see. Then you're trying to use Aali's driver. It's not needed to make the textures work in FF8 Steam and is probably causing you a lot of problems. All you need is Tonberry, the textures, and the hashmaps.

Mitroman

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2016-02-21 02:34:28 »
Ok i thank you a great deal for clearing this up for me i've been working on this quite a while, ill try it now and see how i get on

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #208 on: 2016-02-21 02:49:42 »
No problem. I hope you can get it working now. :)

Mitroman

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2016-02-21 03:17:02 »
It still crashes just after i hit play game and if i press alt and tab there's a message box saying an unknown exception has occured, i wonder what it is i could be doing wrong, i've got the collisions.csv and the hash1map.csv and hash2map.csv in tonberry and objfile.csv, thats everything right?

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #210 on: 2016-02-21 03:27:51 »
If you're using 2.04, then all you need is collisions and hash2map. Hash1map is Project Eden, but that has it's own hashmap now so you don't need that one. Not sure what that objfile you have is. Also, make sure you turn off the Steam Overlay or your game will crash.

Mitroman

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2016-02-21 03:43:58 »
Brilliant thanks for the help, no extra csv would matter though if its there would it because i have the linear filtering unticked and it crashes straight away still, just keep hearing a sound and with that message box.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #212 on: 2016-02-21 03:54:40 »
And it only does this when you're trying to use Tonberry?

Mitroman

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2016-02-21 03:56:20 »
Yes thats right

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #214 on: 2016-02-21 04:10:35 »
If turning off the Steam Overlay didn't fix it, then I'm not sure what's causing it. You can always try an older version and see if that makes a difference. I also see that you don't have a dedicated GPU so maybe your computer can't handle it?

Mitroman

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2016-02-21 04:20:40 »
hmm if that was the case you wouldn't of thought it would of worked before but ill try a different tonberry and see how i get on with that, thank you for all you tried to do mate i appreciate it you've been great.

bjayetnap

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2016-03-01 04:22:34 »
Good day guys!

This isn't my first time to use this FF8 MOD. I've done this before and it worked well. I just don't know what happen now and I tried to fix it before posting here. Well the problem is that, it's not working at all... there's no changes in graphics.

I'm using TonberryEnhanced2.04. Contents are changed except from the .dll files and the original contents of "tonberry" folder from TonberryEnhanced2.04

I added the hashmap files from http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15945.msg223951#msg223951 to D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII\TonberryEnhanced2.04\tonberry\hashmap I also replaced collisions.csv & hash2map.csv taken from the previous link.

PS: Of course I did not forget the main files which are the textures to be place on textures folder on TonberryEnhance2.04 Files are taken from http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391096600

I last tried this mod working on Windows 7. I'm on Windows 10 now.
TIA, I hope you can help me. :3
« Last Edit: 2016-03-01 04:24:35 by bjayetnap »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #217 on: 2016-03-01 04:44:08 »
Good day guys!

This isn't my first time to use this FF8 MOD. I've done this before and it worked well. I just don't know what happen now and I tried to fix it before posting here. Well the problem is that, it's not working at all... there's no changes in graphics.

I'm using TonberryEnhanced2.04. Contents are changed except from the .dll files and the original contents of "tonberry" folder from TonberryEnhanced2.04

I added the hashmap files from http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15945.msg223951#msg223951 to D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII\TonberryEnhanced2.04\tonberry\hashmap I also replaced collisions.csv & hash2map.csv taken from the previous link.

PS: off course I did not forget the main files which are the textures to be place on textures folder on TonberryEnhance2.04 Files are taken from http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391096600

I last tried this mod working on Windows 7. I'm on Windows 10 now.
TIA, I hope you can help me. :3

The OS won't affect Tonberry since I'm using Windows 10 and all is well. Were you using an older version of Tonberry at some point? If so, you also have to replace the .dll files with the new versions.

Another thing I noticed is that you put the folder "TonberryEnhanced2.04" in the game directory. What you're supposed to do is take the content out of that folder and put it in the directory instead. Not use the folder itself.

bjayetnap

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2016-03-01 05:30:20 »
Thanks for the reply and for the correction where to put the tonberry contents.
Unfortunately, game wont run with d3d9.dll in the directory. No crash thing, it just don't start at all.  :|

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #219 on: 2016-03-01 06:27:08 »
Unfortunately, game wont run with d3d9.dll in the directory. No crash thing, it just don't start at all.  :|

No problem. Ah...that particular problem... Some people have that issue and most don't. Sadly, I don't know how to solve that. And I'm not sure if someone else has or not. You can always try an older version(go back about a version or two) and see if it gives you the same results.

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #220 on: 2016-03-01 20:14:27 »

It seems to be an OS related problem, a lot of people is having this very same trouble too. It seems Windows 10 is having a lot of trouble with DirectX9, it seems Micro$oft is not giving much support for now... My best advice is to get back to W7...

bjayetnap

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2016-03-02 00:11:43 »
The OS won't affect Tonberry since I'm using Windows 10 and all is well. Were you using an older version of Tonberry at some point? If so, you also have to replace the .dll files with the new versions.

Another thing I noticed is that you put the folder "TonberryEnhanced2.04" in the game directory. What you're supposed to do is take the content out of that folder and put it in the directory instead. Not use the folder itself.

May I know what type (version) of Windows 10 you are using?

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #222 on: 2016-03-02 01:59:33 »
Me? Home version. I upgraded from Windows 8.1. But people had these problems before Windows 10 as well... I also reinstalled the game after I upgraded. Maybe it is an OS problem like JeMa said. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Darkohaku

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2016-03-06 14:23:52 »
Hello, I'm new here. Thank you for all the work modding the game.

I have a question, I just installed the latest version, and various mods (here's the folders of tonberry and textures)  http://imgur.com/a/qKjvu

I have the correspondent files in textures and in objmap, and the game function properly. But the screen when I enter the game had some glitches. The Squaresoft logo only show the center part, and the black square which shows the controls before the "new game - continue" menu don't show anything. And in game the exit command (esc) only show the buttons, but no the words.

So, anyone know what could be? Overlay in steam is disabled. (here are the pictures of the problem) http://imgur.com/a/XFRGf

Thank to all for the hard work!

Cheers!

Outspoken

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2016-03-06 17:09:27 »
Having some issues.  First time modding FF8.  Using Steam version.  Using everything here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391096600

Except for the "Gameplay, Beta and Future" mods

Having two issues.  It seems like the backgrounds aren't smoothed out at all.  Hard to tell if the originals were just that much worse or if that mod isn't working.

The biggest issue, though, is that whenever I'm done with Quistis's tutorial and try to exit the screen to the World Map for the first time, the game hangs indefinitely.  The World Map music plays but there is no transition.  It hangs on the screen I was attempting to leave and just sits there with Squall stuck at the edge of the screen. 

Can anyone help me efficiently troubleshoot this?