Author Topic: ff7_mo gives cloud 1 dex  (Read 7984 times)

eXistenZe

• View Profile
ff7_mo gives cloud 1 dex
« on: 2016-04-01 09:13:16 »
Hey there.

Double checked this with a initial save.

With NT:
ff7_mo.exe: cloud starts with 1 dex
Without NT:
ff7_mo.exe: cloud starts with 0 vit

There has to be something with this exe changing stats...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: ff7_mo gives cloud 1 dex
« Reply #1 on: 2016-04-01 12:28:14 »
It's the .EXE, it'll be adjusting the Materia bonuses/penalties. Try loading a later save file and checking to see what the listed bonuses/penalties are in the Materia menu. An MO .exe was made with NT's exe changes for 7H, if I remember right; you might have that one.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-04-01 14:48:15 »
Isn't there a MO exe without any changes except the menu overhaul?

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-04-03 18:49:18 »
No luck I guess...

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2016-04-04 17:38:10 »
Unfortunately, I'm not going to spend any time on .exe files until NT 1.4 is bug squashed and SC sends me the work. In the mean time, please be patient and refrain from posting anything snarky. We all work very hard on these forums, but despite that effort, we're almost all working as one person teams, so it takes time to get everything done that people report. It especially takes time once you begin combining mods together and get slight compatibility issues.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-04-04 20:45:36 »
Unfortunately, I'm not going to spend any time on .exe files until NT 1.4 is bug squashed and SC sends me the work. In the mean time, please be patient and refrain from posting anything snarky. We all work very hard on these forums, but despite that effort, we're almost all working as one person teams, so it takes time to get everything done that people report. It especially takes time once you begin combining mods together and get slight compatibility issues.

I know you've heard it over and over again, but we appreciate all the work you guys' do in making all these things work together, it truly is amazing!  ;D

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-04-04 21:30:06 »
Had to google the word snarky :) Never intended to actually criticize anyone's work, just trying to understand the relation between the exe and the NT mod. I thought there was none, and mo-exe was just supposed to change the layout without touching anything else. Why does it even change bonus stats? Remnants from another mod?

Isn't an independent MO-exe useful for everyone, either for NT or for a plain game?

Best regards,
João

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-04-05 04:47:08 »
Okies, just making sure :) I have to play the guessing game with many people's personalities here, and sometimes I guess wrong. Sorry!

I think it may be remnants from the past. I'm not for sure. I will definitely take a crack at it again when the time comes.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-11-30 08:19:51 »
Hey there.

Any news related to the ff7_mo stat fixing?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2016-12-01 08:11:42 »
None. I don't have the time right now to dig into other people's mods. Perhaps after the holidays I'll have more time.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-12-01 09:13:16 »
Relating to the other thread about MO, isn't there a mod (like the ones in bootleg) that could be imported to 7th heaven to make some nice changes in the font and menus?

Right now there is no way to make this look at least a little nice to play... It's the 98's gui.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2016-12-01 13:16:17 »
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for. The current Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul has an option for the MO UI to be enabled. If it's not working for you, then it's a setup issue on your side and not the mod itself. If you're wanting completely different fonts and menu icons, what mod is there that can offer this? Saying the ones in Bootleg doesn't make sense to me since MO from Bootleg and 7H are the same. Perhaps they are different versions of MO, but there were never UI changes (fixes yes, but changes no) between the updates.

Screenshots of what you mean can help me better understand.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2016-12-01 14:15:13 »
The current MO in 7th heaven is unusable since ff7_mo.exe messes up the stats. It's the only reason I don't use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOn6fnwPTcA
This one was nice :)

I'm guessing persuading DLBP to remake an .exe with his MO would be pointless...
Oh... And merging NT with because and MO... That would be awesome...

I know it's very easy to ask and complain, and very time expensive to actually do it.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2016-12-02 05:11:58 »
MO + NT can happen now, but perhaps you're thinking Beacause + NT. That will never happen, unfortunately. That video is the FFX style menu, which is no longer offered with MO. Grimmy explains that it can't be used because of the changes from Aali's Driver 7.xx to 8.xx. Everything 7H is built upon is from Aali's 8.xx, so it's not even possible for you to manually rollback your Aali Driver and MO. It simply won't work, sorry :|

I don't think I can fix the EXE issues. What you get from the GC_7H is an R04 install onto an unmodded FF7 clean install with only the MO option enabled. I don't have the skills to figure out why the stats change from that. Sorry again :|

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2016-12-07 08:47:54 »
So, after installing the game and running the latest GC_7H, we can use both NT mod AND MO from the catalog, but not reunion, is it that ?