Author Topic: [FF8:Remastered] Darz FMV's - 4k Upscaled  (Read 27260 times)

Darziak

• View Profile
[FF8:Remastered] Darz FMV's - 4k Upscaled
« on: 2020-06-03 00:27:53 »
Darz FMV's consist of improving the low quality ones we got in the Remaster. With the help from Mcindus I've upscaled the majority of FF8 FMV's to the equivalent of 4k using Esrgan and Gigapixel. The FMV's unfortunately remain at 15fps until the ability to edit the files to allow higher fps. Each Disk is over 1GB so expect download to take a little bit if you have slow internet.

Disk 4 is still a work in progress and once that's done I'll fine tune some FMV's (which takes longer) to look better.

-Preview-
Comparison video of the Remaster and my Upscale

-Requirements-
The files are Zipped using 7zip
https://www.7-zip.org/

Maki's DEMASTER Modding Tool is needed which can be found here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19432.0

DEMASTER Instructions:
1. Download the DEMASTER release
2. Install DEMASTER into .../FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered/
3. Open 'ffviii_demaster_manager.exe' and run the 'unpack' feature - this creates the DEMASTER_EXP folder

- Download -
Disk 1
Disk 2
Disk 3

- Install -
Be sure you make a BACKUP of the movies folder beforehand.

Extract each Part to "FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered/DEMASTER_EXP/data/movies" and overwrite the files.

-Thanks to-
Mcindus - His mods got me inspired into working on this
Maki - The modding genius who made it possible
« Last Edit: 2020-06-25 17:47:34 by Darziak »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: [FF8:Remastered] Darz FMV's - 4k Upscaled
« Reply #1 on: 2020-06-03 00:48:21 »
Amazing work!!!! Downloaded and going to test tonight!

Lunareste

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-06-04 00:18:29 »
Looks FANTASTIC! Definitely getting this when disk 4 is completed!

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-06-11 06:00:02 »
hopefully soon! amazing work.

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-06-11 14:33:14 »
thanks, are you remastering the videos of the disk 4?

Darziak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-06-13 14:27:46 »
thanks, are you remastering the videos of the disk 4?
Eventually yes.

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-06-14 04:14:15 »
Eventually yes.

well of course, after all it would be pointless to left this quality improvement incomplete :D

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2020-06-14 12:14:12 »
wait a moment , this mod only work wit the temporary mods created by maki :\ , i will wait until it will be possible to directly inkect the modded vmw directly in to the game , this remaster deserve a permanent mod to the files just like what developers did for final fantasy 9

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2020-06-25 05:49:32 »
wait a moment , this mod only work wit the temporary mods created by maki :\ , i will wait until it will be possible to directly inkect the modded vmw directly in to the game , this remaster deserve a permanent mod to the files just like what developers did for final fantasy 9
i think your mistaken about how the recent versions of Maki's Demaster work...
it's the ideal solution already for what you want... Extracted game files / easy mod file replacements...
even has a log which makes it easier for modders + users to know which files are being loaded...
eg broken enemy... you could see the .dat files that were just loading when the battle popped up...
enjoy...

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2020-06-25 19:48:22 »
i think your mistaken about how the recent versions of Maki's Demaster work...
it's the ideal solution already for what you want... Extracted game files / easy mod file replacements...
even has a log which makes it easier for modders + users to know which files are being loaded...
eg broken enemy... you could see the .dat files that were just loading when the battle popped up...
enjoy...

no, absolutely not, you are wrong , the ideal is to permanently patch the various games files responsable for the graphic quality as happened before this temporary mechanism to place the mods, infact i don't like this method and i prefer to wait until someone manage to permanently inject the high resolution textures for all the fields and cities

Darziak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2020-06-25 21:36:27 »
I think Maki's way of integrating stuff is pretty good. It's similar to how you install bethesda mods.

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2020-06-26 10:06:34 »
my point is to permanently patch the game , to directly inject the changes on it , i am not questioning maki's ability to create a temporary mod

Yagami Light

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2020-06-26 13:35:50 »
The changes are directly injected, only difference is everything is not compressed, Maki uses the same system the current developers for the remastered version used. The textures will never be just part of the game because the game has a resolution limit, so for HD textures to work it needs to be done externally.

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2020-06-26 13:57:38 »
someone here explained that it is possible to inject the textures directly and that it is just a bit more difficult , so i will wait for that , after all the game must contain the textures somewere is not like it create them when the game is active

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2020-06-26 18:10:19 »
i still think you've misunderstood... what isn't permanent about?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered\DEMASTER_EXP\data\movies

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2020-06-26 18:18:32 »
i still think you've misunderstood... what isn't permanent about?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered\DEMASTER_EXP\data\movies

so the movies can be permanently injected , good , now i wait for the fields and the battle scenes and the 3D part of the game , you know , outside of the town , the car , train , the lagunarock and the walking garden

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2020-06-26 18:28:51 »
Battle Backgrounds already done ... (BattlefieldPack: Remastered v1.3.1 for FF8 Remastered)
Fields are WIP right now, and you'll be waiting a while for World Map replacements after that...
i also personally like to use Reshade on top to zoom in 6% ish... (no more black bars top/bottom)
using the "aspect ratio" one, can also try out adaptive sharpening which i feel could help while you wait...
(if going nuts a little contrast + color sat boost can do allot, but don't ruin it by going too far like i have sometimes)

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2020-06-27 05:05:10 »
Hey Darziak have you tried utilizing Video Enhance AI by the people who made gigapixel? I think the results might be even better than this.

Darziak

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2020-06-28 02:29:52 »
Hey Darziak have you tried utilizing Video Enhance AI by the people who made gigapixel? I think the results might be even better than this.

$199.99 Is a lot of money for a possible improvement, I like VIII but not enough to spend that kind of money.  :lol:

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2020-06-29 05:14:25 »
Hey no problem, just so you know there is a thirty day free trial, no credit card info needed, just an e-mail address.

$199.99 Is a lot of money for a possible improvement, I like VIII but not enough to spend that kind of money.  :lol:

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2020-07-10 10:59:42 »
Disc 4 still coming?

Darziak

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2020-07-13 17:15:06 »
Disc 4 still coming?
I took a break because of personal problems and will try to finish disk 4 before the year ends.

Edit- Life took a bad turn so no Disk 4 this year. I'm hoping to get the 3080 GPU before the end of 2021 (lack of supplies) to speed up the process. I'm also going to redo the whole thing since AI upscaling has improved quite a bit since a year ago and I wasn't satisfied with how Esthar looked.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-31 00:49:39 by Darziak »

mrxbaka

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2021-04-02 05:22:19 »
Just got into ff8 remastered modding thanks for this! GL on disc 4. I'm just starting the game so it could take a while for me to get there!  :-P Excited for max32's version as well.

Shady91

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2021-08-20 23:08:33 »
There is not 4K FMV for the original Steam Version 2013 ?  :-(

Pure_Mind_Games

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2021-10-07 15:25:16 »
There is not 4K FMV for the original Steam Version 2013 ?  :-(

Just extract into SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII\Data\movies

That's what I did.