Author Topic: [FF7PC][TSUNAMODS] Satsuki Yatoshi Mod - SYW V5 - unsuported anymore  (Read 385132 times)

Tocho

• View Profile
Hello
First of all, thanks for this great and amazing work :)

I updated to your newest version, using this mod only, started a new game and made it to Aeris house

I closed the game and came back 30 minutes later, and my save game is missing :/

I had the same issue
Steam game just installed, only this mod used and update 5.27 applied
I made to the next save point after the "Scorpion" boss, on next day my save game is not available (only new game option on start)
I checked option to cloud saves and now all save slots are marked as "not valid" (even unchecking cloud saves)
For more info i´m playing spanish version of the game

DonClass

• View Profile
I did a new game and all saves are deleted...20 hours my of my life on stream wasted....

silas2

• View Profile
Hi again

Will 60 fps battle be added to the mod?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@coflash
You have enabled cloud save ?

@DonClass
What's appens ? le control panel don't launch, the game crash .... ?

coflash

• View Profile
Yes, cloud saves are enabled

However, most of the time I make automatic save file backups once I quit a game. But since they were deleted automatically, I didn't get a chance to

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@All the user who loose the save
I can't reproduise this bug at all.
Could you tell me:
-Witch FF7 language you use
-Have you only one steam profile on the computer or more
-Witch options of the pack do you use (screenshot of the pack pannel)
-Before the lost of your save, how do you quit the game (game menu, alt+f4, close the windows with the upper right cross...)
-Do you have a crash ingame before the save lost
-Have you edited the savegmae in any way with a save editor
-Do you use reunion or any other mod of any sort too

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2021-03-17 08:55:40 by satsuki »

coflash

• View Profile
-Witch FF7 langauge you use - English
-Have you only one steam profile on the computer or more - Only one
-Witch options of the pack do you use (screenshot of the pack pannel) - https://i.imgur.com/nEqKt6v.png
-Before the lost of your save, how do you quit the game (game menu, alt+f4, close the windows with the upper right cross...) - Alt+F4 most of the time
-Do you have a crash ingame before the save lost - No crash
-Have you edited the savegmae in any way with a save editor - No
-Do you use reunion or any other mod of any sort too - No

I was able to save and load the game multiple times before it was deleted
« Last Edit: 2021-03-17 09:18:02 by coflash »

Tocho

• View Profile
Could you tell me:
-Before the lost of your save, how do you quit the game (game menu, alt+f4, close the windows with the upper right cross...)

Thanks

Hello
-Spanish version
-Only one steam profile
-I uninstalled mod by now but i didn´t touch any option, launched with default options
-Closed through game menu
-No crashes of any type before save/exit game
-Save files not edited
-No others mods used (clean installation game+mod+update 5.27)

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Hi again

Will 60 fps battle be added to the mod?
This is a graphics mod, not an engine mod.  So no.

DonClass

• View Profile
Could you tell me:

Thanks

-Witch FF7 language you use Spanish
-Have you only one steam profile on the computer or more Only one

-Witch options of the pack do you use (screenshot of the pack pannel) https://i.gyazo.com/c5b4fb0bb0693527b02c7ae2aed86911.png (Btw, dont mind the error option, the options is what i always use)
-Before the lost of your save, how do you quit the game (game menu, alt+f4, close the windows with the upper right cross...) Game menu
-Do you have a crash ingame before the save lost No
-Have you edited the savegmae in any way with a save editor No
-Do you use reunion or any other mod of any sort too Only used yours, the Steam All-in-one Installer and then updating with your last version as you suggest

Vernon2X

• Final Heaven
    • View Profile
Could you tell me:

Thanks

-Witch FF7 language you use. English (default)
-Have you only one steam profile on the computer or more. Only one profile
-Witch options of the pack do you use (screenshot of the pack pannel). https://i.imgur.com/x8BSjlA.png
-Before the lost of your save, how do you quit the game (game menu, alt+f4, close the windows with the upper right cross...). My save doesn't delete when I quit the game, but when I launch it with the SYWV5controlPanel.
-Do you have a crash ingame before the save lost. Happened with the previous mod version, no more crashes for me with 5.27
-Have you edited the savegmae in any way with a save editor. Nope.
-Do you use reunion or any other mod of any sort too. Nope, only yours.

My current workaround is to copy my saves anywhere BEFORE I launch the mod's control panel, so if it gets deleted I can paste again in its folder and continue to play.
Please note that in my case IF I launch the game with the mod enabled (Save settings and launch SYW V5) sometimes it gets deleted and sometimes not, but I launch the unmodded steam version it gets ALWAYS deleted.

Anyway thanks for your dedication, I'm playing FFVII again after 20+ years and your mod is a true blessing.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I can't reproduce this delete save bug.
As it can be related to cloud save, i'll add an option to disable cloud save by default.
I'll also add an auto backup of the save each time you launch FF7 SYW, so you could always restore them if a bug delete them.

Xanadu

• View Profile
Could you tell me:

Thanks

Hey I registered just to post this:
-English
-One Steam Profile
-https://i.imgur.com/zv1Lj6U.png
-quit game through quit option in menu
-no edits on saves
-Previously used the reunion but I have the same results on a fresh install on satsuki mod only

Additionally...This is how I get the mod to not delete my save files!! - First I never save more than 2 files at once. The process you should follow when saving the game for the first time is this: Select Save 1, save in the top spot. Go back, select Save 2, save in the top spot. NO MATTER WHAT AFTER EVERY TIME YOU DO THIS YOU MUST QUIT THE GAME AND THE LAUNCHER AND THEN RESTART if you keep the launcher open and restart the game the bug never kicks in so the process becomes moot. After reloading the game, when you hit continue you will notice Save 1 is greyed out and cant be selected to load. However the file in Save 2 is intact and can be loaded.

After you load from that save file and want to save again: Choose the greyed out Save 1 file first, safe to the top file. Go back and choose Save file 2, save to the top slot. NO MATTER WHAT AFTER EVERY TIME YOU DO THIS YOU MUST QUIT THE GAME AND THE LAUNCHER AND THEN RESTART this is for the same reason as before. This time when you restart the game and reload: Save 2 will be greyed out but Save 1 will be loadable this time.

Keep alternating the save files like that and you should be able to continue ever time you quit the came. The most important part to remember is to fully quit out of the game and the launcher every single time you do this save process Im not a modder and I have no idea what causes this bug to happen nor why my process allows you to bypass it. Just figured I should share what I found because this is an incredible mod!

DonClass

• View Profile
In my case i have Cloud save disabled by the way

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Steam AIO 5.28 available:
-Solved a potential colision bug.
-Added an option to auto disable saves in cloud (avoid random delete of save files).
-Added an option to auto backup save file each time the game is launched (with auto-restore if save have been deleted).

As some people have random bug with steam save witch self deleting (witch i wasn't able to reproduice), i added an option ("on" by default) witch backup all the saves each time you launch the SYW control pannel.
If you get a save lost, you just need to lauch SYW control pannel again and a message will ask you if you want to auto-restore the lastest saves.
All the backuped saves will also percist in a subfolder "..\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\Backupsaves" with one subfolder for each save, so you can also revert back to another date save manualy if something went wrong.

driver9

• View Profile
Steam AIO 5.28 available:
-Solved a potential colision bug.
-Added an option to auto disable saves in cloud (avoid random delete of save files).
-Added an option to auto backup save file each time the game is launched (with auto-restore if save have been deleted).

As some people have random bug with steam save witch self deleting (witch i wasn't able to reproduice), i added an option ("on" by default) witch backup all the saves each time you launch the SYW control pannel.
If you get a save lost, you just need to lauch SYW control pannel again and a message will ask you if you want to auto-restore the lastest saves.
All the backuped saves will also percist in a subfolder "..\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\Backupsaves" with one subfolder for each save, so you can also revert back to another date save manualy if something went wrong.

thank you for your hard work first of all

i have installed the SYW mod with the all in one installer and the game crashes at the Junon area always after the field battle with a Mystery Ninja, the game returns me to shinra tower (building) and crashes..

what files do I need to send in? Thank you in advance..

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
this is an old bug.
use the lastest update

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
... My save doesn't delete when I quit the game, but when I launch it with the SYWV5controlPanel....
Are you sure it's when you launch the control pannel or when you click to play FF7 ?
Because i have no impact on those file, so it seems that the steam ff7's launcher delete the save (witch can be related to a bad save metadata).
If you quit ff7 with atl+f4 or kill it, it can do a bad/missing metadata, so the next time ff7 steam launcher will be open it'll delete the save

« Last Edit: 2021-03-20 19:30:26 by satsuki »

driver9

• View Profile
this is an old bug.
use the lastest update

I feel so stupid right now  ;D i didnt see the note on the first site to update..thanks for your time sorry

Vernon2X

• Final Heaven
    • View Profile
... My save doesn't delete when I quit the game, but when I launch it with the SYWV5controlPanel....
Are you sure it's when you launch the control pannel or when you click to play FF7 ?
Because i have no impact on those file, so it seems that the steam ff7's launcher delete the save (witch can be related to a bad save metadata).
If you quit ff7 with atl+f4 or kill it, it can do a bad/missing metadata, so the next time ff7 steam launcher will be open it'll delete the save

I'll do more tests doing what you've said and I'll let you know.
« Last Edit: 2021-03-20 20:54:08 by Vernon2X »

LeftyTwoGuns

• View Profile
So unless you select the "launch un-modded Steam version" option, this mod is NOT running through Steam, hence Steam controller profiles and Big Picture mode won't work with it?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
please be sure to use lastest update too.
version 5.26 or less use older ffnx witch have this type of bug.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)

Tsuhirito

• View Profile
Hi, thank you so much for your work but I have a strange problem.I get the error "Unknown error in injected assembler code" and I can't start the game via 7th heaven 2.3 with the field textures mod. But with version 2.2 the game starts without problems. I have already updated FFnx with the canary version with animated textures enabled but with 2.3 the game doesn't start. Can you help me? Thank you very much.

JackBurton

• View Profile
Hi satsuki,

First of all thank you for your mod.

You allowed to me to become a child once again and revive my childood with this game, i appreciate it so much.

I have found a little bug with the latest mod versione (5.28):

When i try to skip a fmv (select+start buttons), the option doesn't work propely and the fmv continue to play normally just to the end (it works right in the older versions).

If you need a video capture, tell me and i try to post it.

Thanks again to you and people to permit us to live this milestone with this restyling :)