Author Topic: FF7 major crash problem  (Read 2454 times)

Akaruikage

FF7 major crash problem
« on: 2004-05-26 21:49:47 »
I am playing Final Fantasy VII using the RIVA patch (set on TNT) and hardware acceleration. My video card is a Radeon 9600 and I'm using Windows XP. I have the chocobo patch and use the music patch on Cetra.

The game runs fine for a random amount of time, and then decides to crash! It seems to do this mostly on the world map.  When it crashes, sometimes it even causes my computer to reboot! I've looked around these forums for a solution and I'm prolly looking in the wrong place, but I can't seem to find anything. could anyone help me, please? thanks  8)

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
FF7 major crash problem
« Reply #1 on: 2004-05-26 22:15:18 »
Try it without the music patch?  The music patch is a little unstable.

Akaruikage

FF7 major crash problem
« Reply #2 on: 2004-05-26 22:32:48 »
nope... I removed the music patch and it still locks up on me... I noticed, though, that it seems to happen before some battles(on the world map)

Edit: ok... well, it seems that it works fine now. I basically re-installed the whole game and put everything back how it was except for the chocobo patch, although I don't know what problem could be associated with that. Oh well, thanks for your help   :wink:

Messiah99

• View Profile
FF7 major crash problem
« Reply #3 on: 2004-05-27 02:44:08 »
Aside from just the chocobo races, FF7 itself is still not entirely stable running under XP. I've had a crash or two like you describe before, I never installed any Cetra patches (because when I got that program it refused to work), just the chocobo patch. Best bet under XP is to run the game as unaltered as possible (fresh installation and just the chocobo patch). After that, anything you add to it comes with a risk, you are running a game on an unsupported OS. Alter at your own risk.  :D

ChibiTim

FF7 major crash problem
« Reply #4 on: 2004-05-27 05:52:23 »
does this happen in any other 3d game? the most logical thing i can think of is that you are facing overheating problems in your computer. it is approaching summer and your temperatures could have already risen 5-10 degrees hotter than normal.