Author Topic: my new FF7 enemeis youtube.  (Read 10975 times)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
my new FF7 enemeis youtube.
« on: 2007-11-27 12:11:07 »
This is fun! :-D Made lots of new enemies. I've made this thread to let you see 'em, he, he. I know JC has been made before but i just couldn't resist.

Jumbo Cactuar
Junon Patron
Cazador
Sand Worm
Locke, Venus & Theo 1/3
Locke, Venus & Theo 2/3 -Bevare! Poor audio
Locke, Venus & Theo 3/3

Sorry, bad image quality...

More will come.
« Last Edit: 2007-12-10 04:48:54 by gjoerulv »

weeemus

• View Profile
Re: my new FF7 enemeis youtube.
« Reply #1 on: 2007-11-27 12:31:21 »
Hey thats some neat stuff gjoerulv.

Keep up the good work  :lol:

Question though, what program did you use to make a new enemy? And is it actually a complete new monster, or did you replace another monster with jumbo cactuar?

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-11-27 12:39:04 »
Nice lets see how many more interesting enimes you can come up with.

Dunno about giving him whirlsand attack though.

UltimaYoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-11-27 16:55:03 »
So you actually started to make your own enemies...
Nice, hope to see more of em. :wink:

BTW: I hope you can use custom models as well... :-D

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: 2007-11-27 18:25:57 »
@weemus: I used all the programs available to easy change the stats, elements etch. JC i simply switched with Tonadu and gave him new attacks and AI. Also Sea Worm in the same Scene I simply switched to Land Worm. Named it Sand Worm, gave it a new AI and switched one attack.

All other enemies I've made from scratch.

@UltimaYoshi: I would love to use customized models. I've actually thought about it. But I'm not quite sure how to deal with the enemy ID. My guess is that they're loaded somewhere from the Field module?? I know the battle models are stored in battle.lgp. But this really isn't my apartment. If someone would be willing to make me some I would be astonished!  :-D

Nice lets see how many more interesting enimes you can come up with.

Dunno about giving him whirlsand attack though.

Hmmm, why not? I think it looks good. But that may just be me.  :-D

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-11-27 18:32:17 »
well for one thing he'll probably remoev every single character off the field before he gets killed and i don't think theres any kind of protection against that.

Edit:  Oh yeah its a cactuar right so where is its needles.    A cactuar can't be a cactuar without its needles can it?
« Last Edit: 2007-11-27 18:48:44 by ARMs »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: 2007-11-27 18:46:33 »
No protection yes. And he has not that much HP. Killing him won't really be that difficult. But you must do it fast. IMO the game lacks enemies you just must to kill pronto, or get killed yourself. That was the philosophy behind it he, he.

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-11-27 18:49:51 »
lol ok i was expecting him to have quite a bit of HP.   and luckly hes in the world map incase he dicides to use it 3 times in a row -_-.
« Last Edit: 2007-11-27 18:51:27 by ARMs »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: 2007-11-27 20:43:44 »
Edit:  Oh yeah its a cactuar right so where is its needles.    A cactuar can't be a cactuar without its needles can it?

It has a Needle attack. It doesn't show in the vid.

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-11-29 05:19:24 »
No more videos?  Since you got many done you should put up more videos even if they're only a min long.   I ask this cause i'm afraid i wouldn't be able to play your patch when you release it.   I'm trying to complete my playthrough of my own patch while doing a perfect game.   Its no walk in the park since grinding is a must.  enimies drop alot less gils, and exp and AP is even lowered for many enimies.  I guess i wanted the game to be more about gameplay like FF12 and Dragon Quests.

Currently at Jenova life and just got Omnislash.   The battle square in these hard core games are brutal.  I'm sure you must have encountered difficulties trying to get stuff from there.

Got other rpg's that i must or should play as well.   I like to see what ideas you can come up with that would make for more interesting battles.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: 2007-11-29 12:35:26 »
I'm sorry but I'm kinda bussy these days. I have 3 exams in a row, the 1st one tomorrow, then I'm having a 2 week project. I may find some time next week though, but don't expect any vids before Wednesday. The mod will prob be released before Christmas most likely. If I get the time that is!  :-D

On a sidenote I just figured out how to trigger custom battles from an in game action (can't believe I didn't think of that before :-P). I have the PC version, so PS1 users won't be able to try this out in my mod. 'Cause I the field format is different. Isn't it?

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-11-29 13:19:50 »
Ok thats cool.  At least you got the attitude to work on the mods.   I lack the inspirations and ideas now a days.   Hopefully next week i see something cool that i might like to try and copy and add to for my mod.   

So just curious how many custom enimies have you made.  and did you modify current bosses?   Also when your making these enimies do you encounter alot of bugs?    Just asking casue I somehow seem to make alot of errors when ever i attempt.    But then i usually don't make simple enimies.  I try to do something differetn for each.    But onces its on video it doesn't look much different then a simple enimy.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #12 on: 2007-11-29 13:34:03 »
I've made 10 from scratch. They aren't very advanced, and I'm using most of 'em in random encounters. I've actually "fixed" many of the bosses' and other enemie's AIs  (One of the biggest mistakes in the game is the turk fight in the gelnika plane. If Rude used one move besides his shoulder attack, he won't act for the rest of the battle). I've switched out many weaker magics for stronger as well.

I have some neat ideas concerning new enemies. I'll do my best to give you inspiration lol!  :-D

Oh and bugs, yeah, I usually experience 1 or 2 + bugs the 1st time I test a new enemy. I try to make the enemy complete before I test it, and it has only gone flawlessy once! I'm still kinda freash on this one. I figured the AI out 1 or 2 weeks ago, and recently the field thing! :-D
« Last Edit: 2007-11-29 13:37:26 by gjoerulv »

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-11-29 13:44:55 »
heh thats cool.   I do have a project for ff7 that i want to do but lack the will and imsperation.   I wanted to create and abyse like stage simular to that of the wild arms series kinda using old unused areas of the game in disc 3.   Heck I wanted to add bosses from the wild arms series there.  Only problem is that editing feilds take quite a bit of time.   And since i'm doing the psx version it kinda sucks that its more difficult to do the moddings.

Also i wanted to change the secret battle arena battle into a form of boss rush mode but sadly i failed during my first attempt.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007-11-29 15:53:05 »
Cant wait for the finished patch... :D

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #15 on: 2007-12-09 01:10:39 »
Added another rather intresting and tough fight. Locke, Venus & Theo. Here are some screens:

The vid is in the 1st post. Very crude!!

« Last Edit: 2007-12-09 01:21:36 by gjoerulv »

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007-12-09 12:33:31 »
I noticed the guy in the back row jumps in to the front at the start.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-12-10 00:14:32 »
Yo gjoerulv would you mind writing a tutorial so others can create new enemys from scratch it would be awsome but any way it looks awsome

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #18 on: 2007-12-10 04:51:25 »
Sounds fair! I'll do it when I'm done moding! By the way added 2 new battles with the soldiers, and replaces the previous with a better one.

I noticed the guy in the back row jumps in to the front at the start.

Jepp he changes row. He does it often. The others don't though.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007-12-10 10:36:52 »

Nice work  gjoerulv

I might to have to make a vid on the NPC Patch

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007-12-13 23:04:31 »
I can't wait for that tutorial.  I always thought it would be better if you had a short battle with the summons before you got them, like the way FF8 does it.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #21 on: 2007-12-25 16:50:47 »
Nothing new just stating the obvious. The mod is not done yet due to a project I worked on for 2 weeks after I had 3 exams in a row. I guess the release will come someday in January. And if you're looking for a little info 'bout hex-editing enemies it's plenty of info in this topic: !!!

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007-12-26 20:06:42 »
Sweet enemies you got there. The idea of Jumbo Cactuar was really smart

Yeah a summon battle with all the summons would be awesome but how long would you stand against the Knights of Round?^^ :evil: