Author Topic: New Summons Possible?  (Read 3469 times)

lonereaper

• View Profile
New Summons Possible?
« on: 2012-07-24 22:11:40 »
I was wondering if you guys have ever thought of adding new summons, such as Aries/Aerith, Daiblo, Or even adding bringing in some summons from the other Final Fantasies. Is it hard to write the scripts and edit the texture and abilities of a summon of such. Personally If Aries was a summon, she could use a list of bonus attributes such as haste/regen/mbarrier/barrier/shell/or even temporary invincibility like her limit breaks. What do you guys think? I'm sure if we all put our minds to it we could achieve our goal.

savage-xp

• View Profile
Re: New Summons Possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-07-24 23:32:29 »
Like FF6 remake from Gameboy Advance?

I think they Spoiled that, but putting Diablos and Carbuncle is enough, in the original is 16.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 2012-07-25 05:41:22 »
technically, everything is possible
however, since ripping and distributing ripped content is not allowed here, you'd have to create any new summon from scratch, animation, effects, textures and so on
there is also only limited space for attacks in the kernel ( I really wish this could be somehow changed ) so new summons aren't automatically gonna be all that great as most likely another attack has to go for it

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2012-07-25 14:19:01 »
technically, everything is possible
however, since ripping and distributing ripped content is not allowed here, you'd have to create any new summon from scratch, animation, effects, textures and so on
there is also only limited space for attacks in the kernel ( I really wish this could be somehow changed ) so new summons aren't automatically gonna be all that great as most likely another attack has to go for it

The list of things that would need to be changed would likely be at least three single-spaced pages long. Basically it boils down to completely (not exaggerating) re-writing the way attacks are stored, loaded, and indexed. Not a simple task.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 2012-07-25 17:03:12 »
Wishing already heavily implies it's not going to happen before we achieve direct-brain-plugin-to-internet technology. At which point we'll all be batteries anyway.

still, you could likely replace an existing attack with a new summon.

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-07-25 21:11:32 »
Maybe this will be possible when Q-Gears is in a further developed state.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-07-25 21:26:50 »
Add this to the "Possible but it ain't happening due to the immense work involved" category.