Author Topic: Damn You FF7! Damn you all to hell!!  (Read 12992 times)

dgp9999

• View Profile
    • http://molexroots.com
Damn You FF7! Damn you all to hell!!
« Reply #25 on: 2002-05-07 17:46:15 »
Jari: After I get my drivers liscence (I start lessons soon!) I'm saving up my not-so-hard earned cash for a Ti4600. I just love that sound of that Accuview. Still, a Ti4400 is good enough for me. Is that the model with Accuview too?

Aaron: If you're getting an Athlon XP. Make sure you've got the case. Get a nice brand named one. Don't get an overclokers one. Mine barely keeps mine cool with all the fans going. the noise it produces doesn't make my DVDs pleasant to watch  :(

J*** H*******

« Reply #26 on: 2002-05-07 18:30:53 »
dgp9999

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2002-05-07 18:56:27 »
GeForce4's are really that pants? What are the memory set ups for the 4200? Are you saying that the quality of general rendering or the FSAA is bad?
I like the way nVidia chipsets crunch the numbers. Good speed. Good quality. I used to think that 3Dfx Interactive - as they were known back in the day - were the only decent manufacturer. When 3dfx started making their own PCBs I thought they'd never stop, but look where we are. I knew I had to look elsewhere for a card. The nVidia GeForce2 Pro in the PCZone magazine got a 93% review, and I had money to spend  :lol:
Now I never think I'll stray away from nVidia. I always thought other chipsets apart from 3dfx displayed colours wrong and didn't look unlike the 'best'. How wrong I was!
Anyway, ATI have problems on some games. I'm sticking to nVidia until a real good contender comes alone. IMO, Matrox should stay at their new home 6ft under  :lol:

J*** H*******

« Reply #28 on: 2002-05-07 19:46:17 »
dgp9999

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2002-05-08 18:47:56 »
I never knew there was so much ugliness involved in the video card business. Once, I had the the choice of a Matrox Mystique or a Righteous 3D (3Dfx Voodoo chipet).

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #30 on: 2002-05-14 23:42:33 »
Woah! This is strange... I just did a fresh install of FF7 on my recently wiped HD. No alterations to my videocard settings, only Chocobo patched, and I'm getting 3D acceration support! Something was up, so I played a bit of the game. Sure enough, I had hardware acceleration.

Too bad my background images still fubar on me, AND I stil get that fatal error after trying to change field, or after a battle.

Another thing I've noticed is that some of the text colors are wrong. Things that should be greyed out are white, and some of the white text is blue.

I'm starting to get annoyed by this problem...

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #31 on: 2002-05-15 02:11:08 »
Dude...I told you how to fix that on my first post.....The new drivers on the Geforce cards supports Acceleration of FF7, but the drivers don't do the 8 bit texturing like they are supposed to. This goes all the way back the the TNT card. Which is why the Patch was made.

All the TNT patch does is bypass the need for the 8 bit pallet.

But the newer drivers now have an 8 bit pallet. The problem is that the 8 bit pallet isn't compatible with FF7. The solution is to deactivate the 8 bit pallet and use the TNT patch to bypass the need for it. The only program that will do this, is Rivatuner, with the correct database for you driver. When you first install Rivatuner, it loads the correct database...if you update your driver, you must rerun Rivatuner so it can reload the database. you do this by either reinstalling Rivatuner, or going into Powerusers and hitting the second icon. If it can't find the correct database, go online and download Rivatuner again.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #32 on: 2002-05-15 07:48:16 »
I don't mind the colors being f*cked up as much as I hate the crashing part of it...

I'll go looking for all those things tomorrow & see if I can get it going...

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

ShinRa Inc

• The Ascension of the Ordinary Man
    • View Profile
    • http://shinrainc.org
« Reply #33 on: 2002-05-15 09:14:46 »
Dumb question, but do you have your monitor set for 16 or 24 bit colors, or something else?

I was having problems with FF7, the utils, and a bunch of other programs as well using the 24 bit settings...but when I downset it to 16 bit, they'll work.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #34 on: 2002-05-16 06:24:20 »
I'm running 32-bit, but I don't think that'd matter, since FF7 downgrades your display colors anyways...

*Goes to play FF7 at 16-bit as a test.*

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

ShinRa Inc

• The Ascension of the Ordinary Man
    • View Profile
    • http://shinrainc.org
« Reply #35 on: 2002-05-16 06:38:29 »
Well, the reason Ultima wasn't working for me was because I was in 24 bit mode....When I switched to 16, it worked.  I figured it's an easy enough thing to test before you go through anything *too* drastic.