Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2430273 times)

Zutnop

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2500 on: 2014-10-23 13:25:05 »
I need some help here.
First of all, I wish to change all cutscenes to the completely fan made ones, (with clips from AC, CC etc.) So the question is: What should I pick in the box where I chose what kind of FMV pack I want?

It's driving me nuts that I can't get the music to work. I have downloaded the the patch and run it inside the game folder, but nothing happens.

Also, when I start the game it says that an error occurred when trying to use full screen.

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: 2014-10-23 21:24:11 »
I need some help here.
First of all, I wish to change all cutscenes to the completely fan made ones, (with clips from AC, CC etc.) So the question is: What should I pick in the box where I chose what kind of FMV pack I want?

It's driving me nuts that I can't get the music to work. I have downloaded the the patch and run it inside the game folder, but nothing happens.

Also, when I start the game it says that an error occurred when trying to use full screen.
For music; uninstall game delete game folder and reinstall. When settings bfe.exe before install uncheck 9999 break. I tried like that and the music problem is fixed.

Zutnop

• View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: 2014-10-24 14:02:04 »
For music; uninstall game delete game folder and reinstall. When settings bfe.exe before install uncheck 9999 break. I tried like that and the music problem is fixed.

Still doesn't work. I reinstalled the game and the mod, but now I can't even use the music patch.

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: 2014-11-01 18:29:18 »
I was using mods on FF this month and run bootleg without problems, but I have a mini-question. Is there a way to install only one mod? For example, I want to change harcore to nightmare mod, or I want to change one char model to other but you have to install all mods... thanks for helping!

SAKRAY

• View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: 2014-11-02 00:07:52 »
Thanks for the amazing guide!! Really looking forward replaying this gem with some updated graphics HOWEVER
i'm stuck with a problem

The thing is I've set both programs to run as admin in compatibility turned my UAC off all my mods are GREEN etc
but still I get this message of run the program as ADMIN :( Anyone know what possibly could be wrong

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: 2014-11-02 01:58:58 »
Thanks for the amazing guide!! Really looking forward replaying this gem with some updated graphics HOWEVER
i'm stuck with a problem

The thing is I've set both programs to run as admin in compatibility turned my UAC off all my mods are GREEN etc
but still I get this message of run the program as ADMIN :( Anyone know what possibly could be wrong

It's the installation you have the game in.  You have to install the game into your Hard drive, in a new folder not in the games folder but the hard drive itself . For instance. C:\FF7epic\Final Fantasy VII .  When you create that folder, whatever antivirus you have, you need to set the exclusions for scans so it doesn't interrupt. Right click and select properties on the installed folder,  Turn off your anti virus before running bootleg. Where it says "Read-Only" click it so it's OFF or emptied. Apply, and include subfolders. 

Edit - Forgive the ignorance, looked at the photo and saw you did have the 2012 release. 
« Last Edit: 2014-11-02 01:24:52 by Sora123masta »

SAKRAY

• View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: 2014-11-02 01:38:16 »
It's the installation you have the game in.  You have to install the game into your Hard drive, in a new folder not in the games folder but the hard drive itself . For instance. C:\FF7epic\Final Fantasy VII .  When you create that folder, whatever antivirus you have, you need to set the exclusions for scans so it doesn't interrupt. Right click and select properties on the installed folder,  Turn off your anti virus before running bootleg. Where it says "Read-Only" click it so it's OFF or emptied. Apply, and include subfolders. 

Edit - Forgive the ignorance, looked at the photo and saw you did have the 2012 release.
Oh I forgot to state that yes it's the FF7 from Square-Enix shop

So it doesn't work because it's in the games folder!? Must I do a full unistall/reinstall directly to C:\ or does simply moving the folder help?
Not on my PC otm but will update as soon as I get home

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: 2014-11-02 01:41:27 »
Oh I forgot to state that yes it's the FF7 from Square-Enix shop

So it doesn't work because it's in the games folder!? Must I do a full unistall/reinstall directly to C:\ or does simply moving the folder help?
Not on my PC otm but will update as soon as I get home

A fresh install will help.  Like I said, do a fresh install to the drive C:\ in any folder you create in that area.  Then follow the steps I provided.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: 2014-11-02 03:39:19 »
This error means Bootleg cannot write to the folder. In 95% of the cases this means it's not running as admin, but this can also mean the folder is read-only. Check to disable if that's the case.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: 2014-11-02 04:48:25 »
This error means Bootleg cannot write to the folder. In 95% of the cases this means it's not running as admin, but this can also mean the folder is read-only. Check to disable if that's the case.

HABBABOI D:< I was gunna explain that. xD <333

SAKRAY

• View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: 2014-11-02 09:41:10 »
Alrighty my problem is  getting really annoying now so I uncheck the read only option right it says do you want to apply changes to subfolders and files I press ok it's unchecked now I press ok to close the properties then when I check the properties again ITS FRIGGIN checked again!? Somehow it keeps rechecking the read-only thing

Trying with a new install I get a problem with the FF7_GameConverter_BC as well saying sigh going from bad to worse somehow when I was so close ;p the gameconverter is absolutely needed right or?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: 2014-11-02 10:06:13 »
The Game Converter is not mandatory, Bootleg will work without it.

Try to open the command line and type the following: 'attrib "path of the game" -R /S /D', if that doesn't work try creating a brand new folder.

SAKRAY

• View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: 2014-11-02 10:21:00 »
Hmm oke so somehow I got it work !! Woohoo but... As always there's another problem going on at some point in the install thing he gets to the music install I select that I want the original PS music the setup starts but never goes past 15%ish the setup is just stuck there even if I just press "x" to not install the bootleg says: installing anxious heart original soundtrack and it's stuck there :( ... so close to the finishline but not yet there
« Last Edit: 2014-11-02 10:34:35 by SAKRAY »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: 2014-11-02 13:02:26 »
Be patient, you can't force things to go your way.

SAKRAY

• View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: 2014-11-02 15:05:16 »
Be patient, you can't force things to go your way.
I've waited literally more than 30min and it didn't go past the 15% mark ever :( how long did it take for you?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2515 on: 2014-11-02 15:07:40 »
The Game Converter is not mandatory, Bootleg will work without it.

Try to open the command line and type the following: 'attrib "path of the game" -R /S /D', if that doesn't work try creating a brand new folder.

It's needed for at least the Steam version since Kranmer's doesn't support it.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: 2014-11-02 15:20:30 »
Yes, but he has the Square Enix store, which is internally supported by Bootleg.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: 2014-11-02 15:43:46 »
I've waited literally more than 30min and it didn't go past the 15% mark ever :( how long did it take for you?

With the way I have mine set up, with help from VGR and Alyza, it took no less than three minutes for the FF7music to install. The total time it took for everything to install was an hour. Honestly, I think it's something with your computer. It shouldn't take that long. Are you running on a Windows Vista, Seven, or Eight?

SAKRAY

• View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: 2014-11-02 16:10:06 »
Windows 7 64bit
Im trying to wiggle myself through the settings I've set the music on PSF Midi when the music setup comes and I close it does install the PSF Midi in the Bootleg window but then after some time it gets to a point where it says
Copying dummy textures and now it's stuck at that part :(

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: 2014-11-02 18:17:42 »
Windows 7 64bit
Im trying to wiggle myself through the settings I've set the music on PSF Midi when the music setup comes and I close it does install the PSF Midi in the Bootleg window but then after some time it gets to a point where it says
Copying dummy textures and now it's stuck at that part :(

Hmm...do you have any internet browser open while installing bootleg?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: 2014-11-02 20:52:50 »
Hmm...do you have any internet browser open while installing bootleg?

What would that even change?

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: 2014-11-02 21:58:40 »
What would that even change?

Well it could also be that with the internet ports open it's conflicting with the installation, in my theory. Before I gained some knowledge with this project I did tests and running the internet Explorers like the original IE. Chrome, Firefox or whatever can conflict with things. xP Just trying to figure out a solution for his issue.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: 2014-11-02 23:05:32 »
Ports being open or not would not matter. Ports matter for incoming connections, not outcoming ones.

jake38

• View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: 2014-11-14 19:30:50 »
Hello! I am new here and i am having a problem. I followed all the instructions and installed everything but whenever i click run ff7 i get a black screen. sometimes it loads the select new game or continue screen but when i click new game, i just get a black screen. Please help!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: 2014-11-15 00:13:41 »
Which version of the game do you have, and where is the 'movies' folder?