Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2421713 times)

Dougle

Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #150 on: 2012-09-11 15:37:41 »
Hey guys great work on the mods i have a small problem with the lighting i think not sure but i can see the game and play ok just when im on the train at the beginning and the alarm goes of on the second reactor i mean it goes really dark like i say i can still see but its annoying just woundered if you guys no why this might be happening

Ultroman

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2012-09-11 18:34:05 »
First of all: <insert all abbreviations pertaining to awe and surprise here> THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS! You are all marvellous!

Now, I am happy to announce that aside from a few things, this is all working perfectly for me :D

The things not working, or that I noticed:
While using "No Change" for field model (it seems to load "Cloud with sword (bloodshot)" by default?):
- When I choose Millenia+Mike weapon models, I get the all-grey Buster Sword (Millenia), and not the one on the picture for Mike+Millenia

Using "Cloud with sword (bloodshot)" field model:
- No matter which collection of weapons I choose, APZ Cloud doesn't have any weapon in his hands.
- If I choose Hi-res Classic Cloud battle model, no matter which collection of weapons I choose, he still starts with a Buster Sword with a purple handle (the one seen in the High-res Field Model)
It seems choosing "Cloud with sword (bloodshot)" field model screws with the weapons, but it seems I get the same field-model by selecting "No Change"

- If I skip the Eidos-movie, it automatically skips the Squaresoft-movie too (not a biggie, and I don't really care, but I thought I might as well give a full report here)
- If I skip the intro, there's no music until I completely finish a battle (again, not a biggie)

While installing, it said to ignore any error-log messages, but as a programmer I can't :)
This is what it gave me:
Error in blackbg2: Incorrect number of entries: 24/42
Error in blackbg3: Incorrect number of entries: 18/28
Error in blackbg4: Incorrect number of entries: 54/72
Error in blackbg7: Incorrect number of entries: 16/25
Error in blackbgi: Incorrect number of entries: 10/17
Error in blackbgk: Incorrect number of entries: 16/21
Error in elminn_1: Incorrect number of entries: 16/17
Error in startmap: Incorrect number of entries: 2/11

Summing up:
I got everything I wanted working by choosing "No Change" for field-model, except I really like the Buster Sword on the Mike+Millenia picture, and I can't get it. I get the all-grey one from Millenia.
Slayersnext models work fine.
I'm looking forward, d*ck in hand, to the day the interpolation of animations is up and running so we can get everything up to 60fps. The project looks killer as it is! Please don't ever stop!

My system and install:
Windows 7 64bit
Laptop
Intel i3 M 380 Dualcore 2,53GHz
4GB ram
Geforce 525M

Brat Code: 0101070111010000101111110011100001
Preset: https://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhYQ1Zxa0QzeUwwZXNUQw

NOTE: This is my working preset. If you just change the field model to be "Cloud with weapon (bloodshot)" the weapons disappear, and I still have the same field model as "No change", but the field model I'm getting from both settings, is some version of the original battle-model, with a sword on his back with a purple handle.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-11 19:50:22 by Ultroman »

freakozoid

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2012-09-11 18:36:30 »
hello,
i had a problem with bootleg.
when i choose a present ( for e.x. ac style) and all mods are green under mod listing , it happen thats when i press the run bootleg button , bootleg starts and work a while but every time its quiet after the unzipping the remix without any error.

my sys specs:

win 7 64 bit
amd phanome 2 x4
6 gb ram

Checking Operating System . . .

Laying Bootleg Edit. . .
Checking Operating System...
64Bit Installation
Final Fantasy VII Installation Located:
"E:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\"
1 Datei(en) kopiert
1 Datei(en) kopiert

Validating Language Files . . .
Identified Compatible US Version.
Language Validation Completed.

Backing up Vanilla Data . . .
1 Datei(en) kopiert
1 Datei(en) kopiert
1 Datei(en) kopiert
1 Datei(en) kopiert
1 Datei(en) kopiert
Completed Backup.

Preparing Sprinkles . . .
Sprinkles are ready.

Applying the official Final Fantasy VII 1.02 Patch . . .
2 Datei(en) kopiert
Completed Final Fantasy VII 1.02 patch installation.

Adjusting Alpha Blending for Battle Models and Adding Texture Slots . . .
4 Datei(en) kopiert
37 Datei(en) kopiert
1 Datei(en) kopiert
4 Datei(en) kopiert
1 Datei(en) kopiert
1 Datei(en) kopiert
2 Datei(en) kopiert
1 Datei(en) kopiert
1 Datei(en) kopiert
3 Datei(en) kopiert
7 Datei(en) kopiert
2 Datei(en) kopiert
Completed Battle Model Adjustments.

Installing The Remix . . .
Please remain patient . . .

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #153 on: 2012-09-11 19:17:38 »
@Ultroman - I could be wrong, but it sounds like the No Change Cloud, aka original game model, doesn't support the Millenia+Mike weapons. When I get home tonight, I'll reinstall my game and see if I can replicate your problem.

@freakozoid - Reinstall the game to a non-system folder (e.g. E:\Games\Final Fantasy VII) and it should work.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-11 19:23:21 by EQ2Alyza »

Ultroman

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2012-09-11 19:57:14 »
@Ultroman - I could be wrong, but it sounds like the No Change Cloud, aka original game model, doesn't support the Millenia+Mike weapons. When I get home tonight, I'll reinstall my game and see if I can replicate your problem.
Hi. I updated the bottom of my last thread a little to help you in your endeavour. And I think you understood me wrong.

For all the settings I've posted in the previous thread, I'm using APZ Cloud for battle-model (except 1 where I indicate changing to "High res Cloud" battle model). It is the field-model I want to change as well, but when I choose the "bloodshot with sword" field model, I suddenly have no weapons on in battle. And when I change to "No change" field model, I have the same field model as I did when I chose "bloodshot with sword" field model, but the weapons work fine.

I must admit I don't know the visual difference from the "No change" model to the "bloodshot with sword" model, so I can't tell you exactly what is happening.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2012-09-11 19:58:52 »
The original Cloud model does not support the weapons mods.
If you select NO CHANGE with the original Cloud model, weapons mods won't work.
The NO CHANGE option is primarily for running Bootleg over an already modified game.

Dougle

« Reply #156 on: 2012-09-11 20:52:30 »
do i not exist

Ultroman

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2012-09-12 03:54:14 »
The original Cloud model does not support the weapons mods.
If you select NO CHANGE with the original Cloud model, weapons mods won't work.
The NO CHANGE option is primarily for running Bootleg over an already modified game.
That makes sense, but why do the weapons disappear when I choose APZ Cloud battle model, "Cloud with sword (bloodshot)" field model, and Mike+Millenia weapons?

FrostdAeon

« Reply #158 on: 2012-09-12 12:58:52 »
Hello,
Need help with my game, it sometimes runs smoothly but sometimes runs pretty slow specially at the battle transition, feels like its going to crash, actually it did just once. Either way my intarface looks like this, both battle and menus interfaces.

Also with other charaters just looks the same but with number below the 302

And this last one look ath the words most of the letters are on top of each other

How can i fix these 2 problems??

Ultroman

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2012-09-12 16:48:53 »
Hello,
Need help with my game, it sometimes runs smoothly but sometimes runs pretty slow specially at the battle transition, feels like its going to crash, actually it did just once. Either way my intarface looks like this, both battle and menus interfaces.

Also with other charaters just looks the same but with number below the 302

And this last one look ath the words most of the letters are on top of each other

How can i fix these 2 problems??
Double-check that in the Bootloader you have "internal resolution" on the System-tab set to a correct setting (a multiple of the original game resolution) and that your "screen resolution" on the Main-tab is a multiple of the original game resolution, or alternatively that you have "Preserve Aspect" on if you're using a widescreen resolution or any resolution that is NOT 4:3. Your screenshots are 640*512 which is not going to work well. They should be 640*480.

Settings that work for me on a widescreen 16:9 screen:
Internal Resolution: On (obviously)
Internal Resolution: 3840 x 2160
Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768
Preserve Aspect: On
« Last Edit: 2012-09-12 16:51:25 by Ultroman »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2012-09-12 17:37:50 »
Hey guys great work on the mods i have a small problem with the lighting i think not sure but i can see the game and play ok just when im on the train at the beginning and the alarm goes of on the second reactor i mean it goes really dark like i say i can still see but its annoying just woundered if you guys no why this might be happening
Im sure that's normal...i think

FrostdAeon

« Reply #161 on: 2012-09-12 18:08:41 »
Double-check that in the Bootloader you have "internal resolution" on the System-tab set to a correct setting (a multiple of the original game resolution) and that your "screen resolution" on the Main-tab is a multiple of the original game resolution, or alternatively that you have "Preserve Aspect" on if you're using a widescreen resolution or any resolution that is NOT 4:3. Your screenshots are 640*512 which is not going to work well. They should be 640*480.

Settings that work for me on a widescreen 16:9 screen:
Internal Resolution: On (obviously)
Internal Resolution: 3840 x 2160
Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768
Preserve Aspect: On

Thanks for the reply,
Here is an image of my settings, with this i have the issue.

As it shows im using a 1280x1024 screen, (17") not HD

i also tried the default config and still distorts the interface like the images in my previous post. I tried a lot of mod configs running the bootleg but still the problem persists.

EDIT: I just tried on windowed mode, compatibility mode, everything running as admin, changed the resolution values and still dont.
I want the original battle interface but transparent allowing to see the full battle scenario.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-12 19:13:02 by FrostdAeon »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #162 on: 2012-09-12 18:48:12 »
Thanks for the reply,
Here is an image of my settings, with this i have the issue.

As it shows im using a 1280x1024 screen, (17") not HD

i also tried the default config and still distorts the interface like the images in my previous post. I tried a lot of mod configs running the bootleg but still the problem persists.

EDIT: I just tried on windowed mode, compatibility mode, everything running as admin, changed the resolution values and still dont.
I want the original battle interface but transparent allowing to see the full battle scenario.

Lower your internal resolution to 1280x960 and see if that gets rid of your lag.

When I get home from work this evening, I'll see what I can come up with for your Menu. I know what your problem is, and I know what you're asking for, but I have never set it up that way before. I am pretty sure I know what needs to be done though. I'll edit this post after I figure it out.

FrostdAeon

« Reply #163 on: 2012-09-12 19:04:48 »
Lower your internal resolution to 1280x960 and see if that gets rid of your lag.

When I get home from work this evening, I'll see what I can come up with for your Menu. I know what your problem is, and I know what you're asking for, but I have never set it up that way before. I am pretty sure I know what needs to be done though. I'll edit this post after I figure it out.

Sweet thanks!!

I changed the internal resolution but it keeps running slow, some of the times i re-configured everything from scratch, it ran smooth, dont remember what i did or changed.

I think somehow the battle menu is the one from FFIX mod, even though i unchecked the Style Switcher at Overhaul tab...gonna post that screenie too.
Also ran the game from the icon, and not from the bootloader, it opened the 2012 pc launcher, clicked on play, and it ran well, all interfaces were fine, no letters on top of others. Respected all the field and battle models but not the scenarios.
so it has to be a mod causing this obviously
« Last Edit: 2012-09-12 19:24:49 by FrostdAeon »

Dougle

« Reply #164 on: 2012-09-12 19:46:21 »
Hi my antivirus keeps popping up saying ff7 trainer is attempting to start on my pc when my pc is idle why is it running on its own

cirellio

• View Profile
    • Five Rings
« Reply #165 on: 2012-09-12 20:07:32 »
Sweet thanks!!

I changed the internal resolution but it keeps running slow, some of the times i re-configured everything from scratch, it ran smooth, dont remember what i did or changed.

I think somehow the battle menu is the one from FFIX mod, even though i unchecked the Style Switcher at Overhaul tab...gonna post that screenie too.
Also ran the game from the icon, and not from the bootloader, it opened the 2012 pc launcher, clicked on play, and it ran well, all interfaces were fine, no letters on top of others. Respected all the field and battle models but not the scenarios.
so it has to be a mod causing this obviously

The spacing of letters on my menu screen are fine, but mine has been running slow for battle transitions and calculating experience after a battle, too. Runs fine everywhere else. I wonder if you have a GPU with shared memory like my laptop does?

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2012-09-12 20:36:18 »

With a 1920*1080 screen resolution, have I to use more than 3840 x 2160 at Internal Resolution, or it's good like this ?

Shanker

« Reply #167 on: 2012-09-13 00:24:31 »
having an issue right off the bat. Can't even open up bootleg. Getting this error....

"BFE.exe - Application error
The application failed to initialize properly (oxc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

No idea where to go from here
Windows XP Dell Dimension 4600 pentium 4, 2 gigs ram nvidia geforce 5800

Dougle

« Reply #168 on: 2012-09-13 00:48:13 »
having an issue right off the bat. Can't even open up bootleg. Getting this error....

"BFE.exe - Application error
The application failed to initialize properly (oxc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

No idea where to go from here
Windows XP Dell Dimension 4600 pentium 4, 2 gigs ram nvidia geforce 5800

Have you tried running as admin or maybe your download messed up and something is missing or corrupt

Ultroman

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2012-09-13 00:59:52 »

Well, I've tried this out in different resolutions, and it works fine for me. Maybe it's just an issue with 5:4 resolutions? I'll test on my desktop computer tomorrow. It has an old 6:5 screen running the same resolution

Shanker

« Reply #170 on: 2012-09-13 02:16:27 »
i ot it working and everything seems peachy, now....whilst i was unable to get it working, i bought the new 2012 version, i would like to get my 2012 cloud save and move it to this modded version....how the hell do i manage that?! haha

cirellio

• View Profile
    • Five Rings
« Reply #171 on: 2012-09-13 02:19:45 »
bah nevermind what I said earlier, it was only on the first battle encountered while hard mode was enabled. Now everything's running smooth so it can't be related to shared memory.

Dougle

« Reply #172 on: 2012-09-13 12:35:22 »
i see only certain people get answered in this forum whats the point having this place to ask questions when your not gonna answer  :x

cirellio

• View Profile
    • Five Rings
« Reply #173 on: 2012-09-13 12:57:33 »
i see only certain people get answered in this forum whats the point having this place to ask questions when your not gonna answer  :x
Dougle, a screenshot would go a long way. A lot further than a vague explanation, anyway.

FrostdAeon

« Reply #174 on: 2012-09-13 13:14:32 »
bah nevermind what I said earlier, it was only on the first battle encountered while hard mode was enabled. Now everything's running smooth so it can't be related to shared memory.

Well im not running hard mode and the very first batlle runs slow, didnt try the next ones. but still i need to fix the letters and  battle interface first

My pc specs
Win 7 32 bit
Pentium D 2.8Ghz
3GB RAM corsair
ATI HD5450 2gb <----possible reason??? all drivers are updated

« Last Edit: 2012-09-13 13:19:22 by FrostdAeon »