Author Topic: support for modders  (Read 3302 times)

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
support for modders
« on: 2012-08-27 12:34:01 »
just something to think about.

we have support for people that post a few times ask a few questions and never come back. (leecher in my oppinion)

i think we lack the support for potential modders. when i started here not too long ago i had to dig through just about every thread on here to get a weapon model from blender to in game. we dont have a cetralized place or thread for modder support

steamwolf

• Nihoncha
    • View Profile
Re: support for modders
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-28 08:41:41 »
While I have not done much around here and mostly lurked, I have achieved something thanks to all the work of people here at qhimm. So I can honestly say I'm grateful and the deserve the support. I'm not sure what I can contribute, but here's to hoping that qhimm never goes away.

volvania

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-31 20:30:21 »
i can support aali and any other modder with a huge amunt of money for

1- a way to input an mp3 files in ffviii like how we put music in mugen

2- a way to put remade character texture like magochocobo's post

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-31 22:08:55 »
i meant support as in more in depth tutorials. not money

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-31 22:30:25 »
The FAQ and Tutorial sections are meshed together, so I can understand how things just seem a bit buried for potential modders. I personally would love to give some kind of modding a shot. Music would probably be my forte more than anything. It'd be nice to easily access a section for music tools and methods for developing mods. Likewise for each of the other categories.

Maybe we can request a 2nd Child Boards alongside the Releases? Label them "Modding Information" or something along those lines. Then just filter any Tutorials or other useful materials that can be database for modders.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-31 22:31:56 by EQ2Alyza »

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-09-02 18:01:56 »
lets make a list of things that may help potential modders and the end users that ask question for things as simple as adding apz cloud.

-model from blender to game
-dumping and packing an lgp
- changing tex ids videos are made but could be better i tend to ramble
-picking and choosing weapons for cloud (soon to be obsolete but the point is people need to learn how to manually install mods to get a better understanding)
-tool tutorials for wallmarket, black chocobo, kimera, pcreator, ing2tex, biturn, touphscript loveless etc

if i can get some help on this ill spend time on it