Author Topic: open .tex files without converting to .bmp  (Read 8694 times)

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
open .tex files without converting to .bmp
« on: 2012-09-25 13:36:58 »
is there a way to open a .tex file and view it without converting it to .bmp. id like to set a file association for the .tex extension so shen i double click .tex file the image shows up.

ive tried these programs with no luck
-img2tex
-biturn
-kimera
-noesis
-paint
-gimp
-mesh2drm

is there a viewer of somesort that can do what im asking

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: open .tex files without converting to .bmp
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-26 12:37:01 »
._.

What's that? "How can I do something the easiest way without using the tools I have at my disposal" thing? Convert. Open. Enjoy.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-26 21:13:53 »
Im aware i have the tools at my disposal to view them. Im asking if theres a way to take out the convert step. And withou the need to open a program to speed things up. I am not a lazy member of this forum so please dont imply that i am. If there isnt there isnt a program Is there a way to make a batch or something of the sort to do a whole convert of about 500 tex files. Img2tex starts giving errors if i try to do a whole folder.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-09-27 20:50:55 »
I've seen this time and time again; where did the respect go? I remember when someone could ask a simple question around here without getting attacked. I don't mean any disrespect to you VGR, I know you mean well, but lighten up, please. A tool of this nature would be handy, and convenient for a modder to use, if it exists. I am not sure if it does or does not. Asking after it shouldn't be a problem, you don't have to show them aggression.

Now Omega Res Novae, I do not know if such a tool exists, I am inclined to say it does not; if none of the tools in your list worked. I was under the impression img2tex was able to convert them back and forth rather effortlessly, though; perhaps separate them into smaller groups when mass converting?

I don't know anything about making batch text file, thinger ma jigs (yes, splendid wording I know ;) ). I do think it would be possible, as I have seen it used with success with several other mods on this here forum :).

Good luck!

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-09-28 00:23:00 »
I thought you can view tex files with img2text without converting them to bmp..

-click open image
-Select Texturefiles in the dropdown menu
-then select the Texture file..

you can view it then.. but the double click thing wont work.. so this is by far the fastest way we can view tex files..

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-09-28 00:27:04 »
thanks for the answer guys. i guess ill have to take the little extra time it takes

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-09-28 00:33:56 »
Yup.. But I sure hope img2tex or other software can be improved and be able to associate with tex files.. it'll be lot easier then to browse thru tex files, not sure if it can be done thru scripting with GIMP,

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-09-28 20:01:00 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 09:53:33 by Jenova's Witness »

DestroGalacticmon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-09-30 13:34:39 »
I thought the newest version of Img2tex had a "Mass Convert" option that converts many textures at once? Please correct me if I am wrong... Either way, it should not be too much for anyone to take the extra step of converting.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-09-30 14:05:17 »
firsto of all let me clear things up. img2tex does work. but it doesnt work for what i am trying. i want to view tex files in one step. simply opening the tex by clicking on it. if i try that with img2tex, img2tex opens up but the image is not loaded. i then have to brows for the files

img2tex gives errors when converting more than 5-10 files at a time. also some texs cant be converted by img2tex and when img2tex cant convert it it stops the whole proces. anyone else that says taking the time to convert shouldnt be an issue i welcome you to open the magic lgp and convert every single tex in there and let me know how long it takes you.

theres no longer a need to post in this thread unless something can be added. we all know img2tex exists and we also know it converts bmp<->tex.
i am looking for a viewer. if one doesnt exist so be it ill spend the time to convert them first.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-10-07 02:37:57 »
Hmm... If I could get my hand on the source of this (or any TEX viewer for that matter) I could probably code something quick-and-dirty. Maybe.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-10-07 02:49:45 »
borde had the source available for download before but now the link is dead. kimeras source is available and when you add tex files you can visually see the file but the window is too small. so id assume there is something in there that could help. if you are feeling motivated asking  borde is probably the easy way to go

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-10-08 09:06:34 »
i still have the source for image2tex by borde here
http://www.mediafire.com/?q9o0o1owrwnp66u