Author Topic: [FF7] REMOVE Regitstry Keys (2013-07-08)  (Read 27387 times)

Kompass63

• View Profile
[FF7] REMOVE Regitstry Keys (2013-07-08)
« on: 2013-07-08 15:53:21 »
This tool REMOVE the registry keys that were created by some kind of "new to old patch" (eg BootLeg, Kranmers one or my FF7GameConverter).
This is useful if you want to uninstall the patched Game and start that sort of patch a second time.

Unfortunately, when the Game is uninstalling, some of this keys are not removed. This tool takes care of this.
It will only remove the keys that were created for the old FF7, the keys of the rerelease are not affected.

Please only use after you've uninstalled the game.

RedXell has kindly made ​​a few mirror, thanks for that  :-*

Mediafire:      http://www.mediafire.com/download/ad2ttfhmdqmjd56/FF7-REMOVE-Keys.exe
DropBox:        https://www.dropbox.com/s/6tkddptp7g786aw/FF7-REMOVE-Keys.exe
Google Docs:  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwTMwxHDGq4BeWZzSmM2R3dobVE/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 20:31:43 by Covarr »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: FF7 REMOVE Regitstry Keys
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-08 18:10:02 »
Yay, very nice  :)

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-08 18:52:13 »
Yup. I knew something like this was going on after I put those screenshots on the Game Converter thread and you said the keys were from bootleg. I want to try this just to verify but I know you've got it. Not everyone has 4 copies of FF7 and 3 on their comp... why would you do that... I want to dissect them like in science class, you know?

Edit: Works fine. K, I wanted to use this since I was taking all my ff7 builds off my system to do a tutorial for STEAM and SE Re-release users. I uninstalled everything including Steam, erased ALL possible ff7 files off my system (including the ones Steam adds to a Square Enix folder in your Documents library). Then I ran Ccleaner and did a registry sweep, and it found about 20 key entries which I removed. All totally normal. Lastly, I ran FF7-REMOVE-Keys and it STILL located 2 keys and removed them. Clean program.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-09 11:02:43 by Template »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-09 15:22:30 »

Edit: Works fine. K, I wanted to use this since I was taking all my ff7 builds off my system to do a tutorial for STEAM and SE Re-release users. I uninstalled everything including Steam, erased ALL possible ff7 files off my system (including the ones Steam adds to a Square Enix folder in your Documents library). Then I ran Ccleaner and did a registry sweep, and it found about 20 key entries which I removed. All totally normal. Lastly, I ran FF7-REMOVE-Keys and it STILL located 2 keys and removed them. Clean program.
I think the last two keys have had something to do with the compatibility mode of FF7.exe and FF7Music.exe, but I can not say that exactly.
None of the programs that are started with FF7, need something like this.
Unfortunately, these flags are used by some MODs what Windows 7 completely confused.

If you want to write a tutorial for STEAM and SE Re-release users, I'd ask you about my "FF7 REMOVE Regitstry Keys" to mention first and my "FF7_GameConverter" second.
The latter ensures that the keys for FF7 (old) are now created correctly with UAC enabled.

I can only hope that Pitbrat takes a sample from the GC, then it should clearly be fewer problems.