Author Topic: FF7 Few Textures and Movies problem  (Read 8273 times)

ultrapowerlevel

• View Profile
FF7 Few Textures and Movies problem
« on: 2013-07-26 13:53:44 »
First of all Hi all I'm new. Looking forward to a great time with FF7 fans and dedicated ones who make a dream possible in HD. :)

Anyhow. My problem is very strange.
I seem to be getting the entire game to work fine except 2 things.

1 A few textures. Aeris is completely white in Midgar after first bombing mission and possily will be white later on too. Same goes for my preludes and title screen. As you can see in my APP.LOG below it says NPOT textures not supported. Its possibly the reason all three of the instances are white. (Aeris, prelude and title screen).. completely white at that. I fear I might face more NPOT textures in future as I progress through game.

2 Slow movies. I installed Rumbah 1280 Sharp. They arn't slow to play when played on my Media player not in game. But slow in game for some reason. Also I think it might have something to do with the movie plugin in BOOTLOADER.exe.

CPU specs
Note: I know my PC is super old. But I can get the entire game to run fine despite having a 82865g Intel integrated GPU. I know strange but its working fine for me except for the movies and few textures. I tried this on a friend's PC who has Radeon 5570 and there we also have exact same problems. Its pretty strange it says OPENGL2.0 support not detected yet only things that run slow are movies and only thing missing is Aeris and two other NPOT textures. Rest of the game although I play at slightly low on RES but is fast and looks good too.

My specs
512 MB RAM
Pentium 4
80 GB HDD
82865G Intel Graphics controller

Log notes:
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
ERROR: failed to set fullscreen mode
INFO: Intel Intel 865G 1.3.0 - Build 4.14.10.4396
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: VBO not supported
INFO: PBO not supported
INFO: Subtractive blending not supported
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 2048x2048
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: No NPOT texture support
ERROR: init_indirect failed, scaling and postprocessing will be disabled
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 640x480
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: D:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
INFO: slow output format from video codec h264; 0
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_d_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_e_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_f_00.png

Possible other cause. In my BOOTLOADER.exe everything will save when i click "Write CFG" except two things... the movie plugin mode and post process shader mode. No matter what I select in front of them i-e "Normal" or "safe" for movies and what I select in the PPS e.g "Bloom"... I come back after closing and they are empty.
So maybe can you tell me the commands/lines for enabling them which I can add to my ff7opengl.cfg manually.

ALTERNATIVE TEXTURE SOLUTION MAYBE
I'm no expert but tried other than HQ model of Aerith and it works fine but I like the HQ one and want it. Anyhow it shows the NPOT texture is only in HQ model.... so...
If possible I would like to know that maybe it could be possible to convert the nNPOT texture to some other format and put it back in using the LGP tool. If this tex conversion is possible I could just do it for all NPOT texes i face and call it a day.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 14:00:54 by ultrapowerlevel »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: FF7 Few Textures and Movies problem
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-26 14:04:43 »
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel865g/sb/cs-009185.htm

Your system is too slow. The maximum allocated vRAM you can get is 96MB, which is far below the 512MB dedicated GPU recommendation we have.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-26 17:21:20 »
I played on a processor like that with bootleg30-something ages ago, but I wasn't using a motherboard with integrated graphics. If you go buy a cheap video card to replace the onboard one, you should be able to play. Shouldn't need to spend more than 30-40 dollars imo. There are still new AGP cards available some places even and as long as your motherboard has a PCI-e slot or an AGP slot you'll be able to install them. The question mark would be driver support. But I think it would work. I was using a P4 still like 2 years ago, and it could run bootleg just fine. Your current integrated video processor is just not robust enough. I was using a Radeon x800XT AGP card, and I would probably go with something like that because the Radeon legacy drivers worked fine with modded ff7 back then. They have probably not changed. Make sure you have like a 300W power supply tho.

ultrapowerlevel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-28 23:04:18 »
Note: I know my PC is super old. But I can get the entire game to run fine despite having a 82865g Intel integrated GPU. I know strange but its working fine for me except for the movies and few textures. I tried this on a friend's PC who has Radeon 5570 and there we also have exact same problems. Its pretty strange it says OPENGL2.0 support not detected yet only things that run slow are movies and only thing missing is Aeris and two other NPOT textures. Rest of the game although I play at slightly low on RES but is fast and looks good too.

Have you read this part?
I told you I tried on a friend's PC with Radeon 5570 still giving me exact same white texture error. And that my friend is an ATI card. You guys totally missed this part.
Besides, if my game can load like 98% of it well and good I don't think I'm pretty low here. Sure movies being slow maybe... but this white texture has something totally different to it.
My friend has this card.
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-5000/hd-5570/Pages/hd-5570-overview.aspx#2

Even this high power card gave the white textures in same places as I faced.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-28 23:17:08 »
Try this maybe?
FIX :  Everything is made of light  (FF7 + FF8)

ff7_opengl.cfg :  use_shaders = yes

Download these files and copy them to .\shaders\nolightmain.frag   main.vert
(overwrite? => YES)

Have you read this part?
I told you I tried on a friend's PC with Radeon 5570 still giving me exact same white texture error. And that my friend is an ATI card. You guys totally missed this part.
Sorry, I stopped reading when you said you were using an integrated graphics chip from 10 years ago.
EDIT:
Hi Kylos,

you can use two solutions:
  • ff7_opengl.cfg:  use_shaders = no
or
  • copy .\shaders\nolight\*.*   obsolete
       to  .\shaders

Apparently your only option is to turn shaders off, at the moment.
Hey PitBrat? Do you have these files anymore?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-28 23:43:34 by Template »

ultrapowerlevel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-28 23:30:47 »
Np mate.

Links are broken. Says invalid or deleted files.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-07-29 02:27:49 »

ultrapowerlevel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-07-29 11:10:20 »
Tried both the methods. Feels like no change occured. Game seems to be running as previously with the same white textures in same places.

Btw... is the title screen a texture?