Author Topic: Lock on disk 2 on many different windows  (Read 2577 times)

anagfm

Lock on disk 2 on many different windows
« on: 2003-01-25 19:27:30 »
Hello
I am a new writer in this forum, although an old reader.
I have played Final Fantasy VII in win95, win 98 and now win xp.
Just now, the game locked in the fmv sequence on disk 2 when weapon arises and highwind is taking off. This jogged my memory as happening in every windows I played in ( I managed in all instances to go foward by changing from full window to quarter window). So this seems not a windows problem, but rather a FF trouble.  To play the game now, I have been using the windows xp compatibility manager tool (forcing 16 bit ), qhimm patch (thanks for the races ) . I have also tried to see if going through this could be possible by using approppriate software to emulate cd playing, having copied all cds to my hard drive, tried using copyied cds etc. Is that a normal problem or what, someone can tell me (I'd like that, for that lock up is just during a very tiresome flash back)
thanks

anagfm

should have mentioned
« Reply #1 on: 2003-01-25 19:34:50 »
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I played the game in windows 95 and windows 98, missed ME, thanks heavens

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #2 on: 2003-01-25 20:49:34 »
If it locks during the movie, it may be a CD problem.  As in, your CD is scratched or otherwise damaged.  If you look at your CD, does it look like this may be a problem?

anagfm

no
« Reply #3 on: 2003-01-26 11:13:49 »
No, it is not scratched or anything.
The same kind of lock happened in the "date" sequence, when I played in win95 and win 98, in win xp it went without a glitch, that is why I was surprised this lock happened now.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #4 on: 2003-01-27 15:36:28 »
When I had this problem.....I noticed that the movie would lock up during the roar....and the roar would happen when you were viewing the deck of the Highwind, and Tifa is about to fall down. It's supposed to roar when you see Weapon. If you double click on biglight.avi, you'll notice when the roar is supposed to happen.

If you have this problem, then try putting your Sound Acceleration to Basic. type dxdiag, go to the Sound tab and move the slider to Basic. You don't need to reboot, but you will have to play all the way through from that far save point, to see if it works......and that is a very long time.

Last resort would to do the copy to harddrive methiod, and substuting a working movie for Biglight,avi. or you could then try Standard and the others, but Basic is what worked when it happened to me....

Strange thing is after a while, I didn't need to put it in basic mode anymore. Don't ask me why. 'cause I don't have any idea, why. This was with win98SE