Author Topic: Alright! FFVII 100% running here  (Read 2736 times)

jjsidhu23

Alright! FFVII 100% running here
« on: 2003-04-05 03:04:10 »
hey hey folks,

Just wanna say thanks to EVERYONE on this forum for getting this bloddy FFVII  game running. Heres my step by step process for what I did.

System Config: Geforce 3, 256 megs RDRAM, 1.8GHZ Pentium 4, win xp professional, newest detonator drivers, SB LIVE! Value.

Step 1: download RivaTuner and install

------------- In Riva Tuner Steps --------------

Step 2: disable 8-bit palettized textures for DX7 and DX8. (found under: direct 3D tweaks -> textures).

Step 3: disable Force antilaliasing in Direct 3D application (found under: direct 3D tweaks -> anti-aliasing).

Step 4: disable Enable texture sharpening (found under: direct 3D tweaks -> anti-aliasing).

------------- Installing patches steps -------------

Step 5: download the riva tnt patch (a.k.a the nvidia patch,  a.k.a the v 1.2 patch. This comes with the CD for u platinum edition guys) and install. Follow the specific install instructions provided and OVERWRITE your previous FFVII.exe with the new one (this worked better for me though others have managed to use the old one).

Step 6: Set the new FFVII configuration to NVIDIA -> TNT.

Step 7: Download and install the chocobo patch.

---------------- Tweaking Steps -----------------

Step 8: Ensure that you have set the compatability of your FFVII.exe to windows 95. Do this by by right-clicking on it -> properties -> compatability.

Step 9: Remove those bloddy grid lines by going into control panel -> Display -> Settings -> advanced -> geforce 3. Here u should look for Texel origin alignment (might have to hit advanced setting under this panel) also  YOU CANT ADJUST THIS THROUGH RIVATUNER. Fiddle with the settings until FFVII doesn't have grid lines. My texel adjustment is set to 5 to get the game to work but it was defaulted to 3 which causes the grid lines.

-------------- Play your heart out -----------------------

Problems solved:  Long world map load time, direct 3d problems, nvidia compatability, grid like textures problem, chocobo race problem.

Again thanks for everyones help with getting the game to work

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #1 on: 2003-04-05 04:36:32 »
Step 8: Ensure that you have set the compatability of your FFVII.exe to windows 95. Do this by by right-clicking on it -> properties -> compatability

Why is this necessary?  It does not solve the Chocobo problem (to my knowledge), and it breaks compatibility with USB controllers.

jjsidhu23

« Reply #2 on: 2003-04-05 05:12:47 »
I've don't use a controller (keyboard is close enough to the couch in my room) and it fixes the world map loading time lag problem. This often occurs between city and world map transitions.

Cloud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2003-04-05 07:23:03 »
Quote from: Aaron
Step 8: Ensure that you have set the compatability of your FFVII.exe to windows 95. Do this by by right-clicking on it -> properties -> compatability

Why is this necessary?  It does not solve the Chocobo problem (to my knowledge), and it breaks compatibility with USB controllers.

chocobo race works fine with chocobo patch & win95 emulation, not sure about the controller thing though.