Author Topic: Long time no see...and a few more things with FF7Music  (Read 1920 times)

Freakwency

It was working all fine and dandy, and I even got the FMV choppiness out of the system (it turns out my CD drive does it even when I just play the AVI's in Windows Media Player).
So I'm playing this awesome game over, and when it gets to the Shinra Mansion part of Cloud's story and it's supposed to be playing the drum part of Sephiroth's song, it plays the whole thing. A quick look at the song profile showed that it was assigned to that song, so I changed it to play "Sephiroth intro.minipsf" instead, but then it plays his song without the drums first, and I can't find which minipsf is the drums only version.
Also, when you talk to him and then it starts playing his whole song, the music just stops instead. I checked over and over that "cephiros=305 Those Chosen by the Planet.minipsf" but it doesn't play it. Any help with these 2 problems?

Rubicant

• View Profile
Long time no see...and a few more things with FF7Music
« Reply #1 on: 2003-06-05 03:51:17 »
Yeah, the FF7 PSF authors f-ed up on that one. You'll just have to cope with the slight errors of that part of the game.

cintro=Drums only part
nointro=used during the scene where sephiroth says: "I'm going to visit my mother" and the song abruptly begins, going from drums-only to the whole song.
Cephiros=Entire song with drum intro.

Nointro and Cephiros are available on the psf pack. You'll have to try something else for cintro. I would suggest just leaving it as a midi, but you'll have to un-mute the midi. Or, you could try to create your own psf file of that part of the song. But don't count on it, because information on making them is scarce. Also, you would need a psx version of ff7.

Freakwency

« Reply #2 on: 2003-06-05 06:40:31 »
Hey, thanks. I thought the "going to see mother" part was cephiros too, not nointro. I always thought the nointro part was when Sephiroth was sending out those shock waves at your party before you fight Bizarro. Anyway, I don't have anything set to nointro right now because it wasn't part of the profile, so I'll add it to the .ini file.
Also, I have an mp3 version of the drums only, but would it work with the psf input plugin? (Highly Experimental PSF Player v1.08 )

Freakwency

« Reply #3 on: 2003-06-05 06:54:45 »
Hmm, guess not. Well, I'll either live with no music during the drums part, have a different song play, or try to find a psf of that somewhere. Thanks for the help.