Author Topic: MGS PC Help  (Read 3740 times)

Sephiroth2000

MGS PC Help
« on: 2004-01-18 22:53:22 »
Hi guys, today i purchased and recieved Metal Gear Solid PC off Ebay. I try to install it, but when the progress meter gets to 25%, it tells me that i am missing E:/INSTALL.CAB and install must close. My system specs are:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Intel Extreme graphics
    Intel Pentium 4 processor[/list:u]
    Any ideas on how to get it to work? I've heard you need a WinXP patch, but i have been unable to find one.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
MGS PC Help
« Reply #1 on: 2004-01-19 01:21:17 »
Do you HAVE the e:\install.cab file?

If so, is the disc dirty? If so, clean it, and give it another try.

Else, see about copying the contents of the CD to your HD, or making an ISO of that disc and installing from that.

Hopefully, one of the above will work...

Nori

• View Profile
Re: MGS PC Help
« Reply #2 on: 2004-01-19 01:25:40 »
Quote from: Sephiroth2000
I've heard you need a WinXP patch, but i have been unable to find one.

XP Patch? Well, I don't use any patch :D *I don't think you need one!*

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
MGS PC Help
« Reply #3 on: 2004-01-19 01:27:17 »
Mine works great without a patch as well...

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
MGS PC Help
« Reply #4 on: 2004-01-19 02:46:42 »
You got it off of ebay.. Is it a burn? lol i mean wouldnt you have noticed a scratch or a dirty disc? that would be the first thing i would look @ if i bout something off of ebay..

Sephiroth2000

MGS PC Help
« Reply #5 on: 2004-01-20 04:32:56 »
Nah it isn't a burn and the disc isn't dirty. It wasn't opened atall, actually.
Sephiroth 3D: I do have the install.cab file, and when I try to move the contents of the disc to my Hard Drive it tells me that I cannot move the files from a security-protected disc and Windows must close. I haven't tryed making an ISO of it yet, i'll give that a shot...

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
MGS PC Help
« Reply #6 on: 2004-01-20 04:35:51 »
I do have the install.cab file, and when I try to move the contents of the disc to my Hard Drive it tells me that I cannot move the files from a security-protected disc and Windows must close. I haven't tryed making an ISO of it yet, i'll give that a shot...

ISO is not a very good format (for protected discs), if the disc is protected that probably won't work.  You could try something like CCD or MDS.

Sephiroth2000

MGS PC Help
« Reply #7 on: 2004-01-20 19:11:02 »
Alrighty.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Sorry...
« Reply #8 on: 2004-02-09 09:14:38 »
Hi!

I just decided to install MGS on my new PC... and I have SO many problems with it! Firstly... the real life movies are green and don't play properly. The other major thing about it is that even with my new PC, which should have no problems playing a game like this, the transparency with the ninja is very slow and rubbish. I will not play the game, you see, with the transparency off as the ninja looks like a pizza.  :lol:

I play it in hardware mode but it's also pretty much the same in software mode, too.  :(

Does anybody know any patches or something for this?  :-?

Oh, and to save me starting a new topic... I have just installed RE1 for the PC after ages of trying to get it to work. I know, I know it's old... but my 3GHz PC seems to jet the characters off in random directions all the time and they finish their animations before they finish speaking. Does anybody know any way to cure this problem, too? I would like them to behave normally and not jet off everywhere!  :lol:

xeriouxi.