Author Topic: FF7 Music (outdated)  (Read 297790 times)

nexuseragon

• View Profile
OT
« Reply #175 on: 2008-04-07 17:04:29 »
Abit of topic - has any one listened to the Crisis core sound track - there are a few reworked FF7 tracks in there which would go well with FF7 music...

"Those who fight" and "The world's enemy" (Sephy's theme) from CC are superb :D I'm also thinking of a way to incorporate in "The price of freedom/Why"

Zionite

• View Profile
Re: STICKY: FF7 Music
« Reply #176 on: 2008-04-14 07:29:54 »
Alright so I've been working two days straight on getting all these patches worked out here and there. I've got everything running smoothly except for ff7music.

This is what's going on: I have done everything possible so far but I think this is the problem.

Basically, in the program(I'm using the newest one too) under the files tab, no music shows up. In the older version I tried earlier all the songs showed up and you just changed the source, but in the newer one there are no files there. I've got all my files renamed and sorted out, but I don't know how to get ff7music to play those files.

You can AIM me if you want, or just reply here. I really need help and I'd appreciate any assistance I can get. Thanks in advance!

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2008-04-15 19:54:35 »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2008-04-15 21:10:46 »
Wow, I'm glad you posted that link.  It never even occurred to me to edit the missing songs into the ini :roll:

I should feel embarrassed, but I'm too excited to add in all the missing ones.  THANKS!

Zionite

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2008-04-16 04:55:14 »
ridley, my "nointro.mp3" won't show up in the profile for ff7music. I went to edit the ini file, but it's already there under the profile I'm using so it should be showing up. I are puzzled!

Do I have to edit the ones with all the numbers and letters before the songs? Because it's not listed there, just under the profiles. And its not at all represented in the program.

Also, those of you looking for remixed tracks, go to newgrounds.com for some unique ones. I've found a lot that aren't on OCR.

Cloud91690

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2008-04-16 16:13:48 »
Hey, everyone, I've got a problem that I need help with and maybe you guys can help me--I have FF7Music 1.51 and the latest ficedula library (1.51a). I placed the ficedula sub-folder inside the FF7 folder along with an mp3 folder inside that. I named the correct path, C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy 7\Ficedula\mp3. The mp3s showed up, and I was able to play my music but not during cinematics. To clarify, my music is not played but the cinema midi is still played--yes, I set FF7Music to mute midi upon custom music. I have the most up-to-date version of Final Fantasy 7, and Saints' high-res patch. Movies are played from the HD, if that makes a difference.

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy, and my current MIDI driver/data is set at: Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth/General MIDI--Logarithmic Volume Control is unchecked, and FF7Music is set at the same MIDI driver.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Zionite

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2008-04-18 03:08:24 »
Cloud, I think I know the solution to your problem. One indicator to see if this solution will fix your problem though: During the cut scenes, does it go dead silent?

The problem is in the ff7music program. Goto configuration, and click the tab called "playback options". If you have "Emulate Ramps" checked, uncheck it and that should fix it. If it is already unchecked, then it may be missing tracks in your directory. Click on Ridley's link above and that should explain further what you need to do to solve the problem.

Good luck cloud!

Cloud91690

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2008-04-18 03:28:54 »
Cloud, I think I know the solution to your problem. One indicator to see if this solution will fix your problem though: During the cut scenes, does it go dead silent?

The problem is in the ff7music program. Goto configuration, and click the tab called "playback options". If you have "Emulate Ramps" checked, uncheck it and that should fix it. If it is already unchecked, then it may be missing tracks in your directory. Click on Ridley's link above and that should explain further what you need to do to solve the problem.

Good luck cloud!

Nope, it doesn't go dead silent and emulate ramps is unchecked. I may be missing some tracks, yes, but the problem is that my opening cinema (the track is listed as, oa) won't even play my own version of the song. I've already checked to see if it was on the right profile, mp3, and that I had replaced oa.midi with my own oa.mp3 but still nothing.

What is checked, however, is: Obey 'Stop,' Mute midi on custom playback, Maximize midi on song not found, Selective Resuming (excluded: aseri2,bat,chu,chu2,crwin,crlost,fanfare,fan2, resume after: aseri2,bat,chu,chu2,fan2,), and Loop custom files.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-18 04:09:46 by Cloud91690 »

Zionite

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2008-04-18 20:28:48 »

Good luck cloud!

Nope, it doesn't go dead silent and emulate ramps is unchecked. I may be missing some tracks, yes, but the problem is that my opening cinema (the track is listed as, oa) won't even play my own version of the song. I've already checked to see if it was on the right profile, mp3, and that I had replaced oa.midi with my own oa.mp3 but still nothing.

What is checked, however, is: Obey 'Stop,' Mute midi on custom playback, Maximize midi on song not found, Selective Resuming (excluded: aseri2,bat,chu,chu2,crwin,crlost,fanfare,fan2, resume after: aseri2,bat,chu,chu2,fan2,), and Loop custom files.

Ok...for the opening cinema to play your custom song, you're looking in the wrong place. The opening sequences has its own music it plays, so you'd have to actually edit the FMV with your own video editor, delete the sound, and place you own track in there. But what confuses me is that I think on other FMVs you don't need to do that...but I know doing this will definitely provide the result you want, but it's a pain in the ass to change the music a lot.

Cloud91690

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2008-04-18 21:49:36 »
Ah, ok, thank you very much for all your help then.

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2008-04-19 15:53:02 »
Oh man Im so tired of that FF7 Music configurating and I dont come to a solution: I have set EVERYTHING properly, I have ff7music151 I have Ficedula.dll, in_psf.dll and out_wave.dll(and even out_ds.dll), theyre all in my ff7 main folder, I have a folder called ficedula in my ff7 folder where theres another folder with my psfs inside. The path is right. I configured it a thousand times, trying variations with out_ds.dll and out_wave.dll, trying earlier versions of FF7 music, muting the midi in the game but NOTHING works. It even tells me patch init done: 89 files found. (I know there should be more but that doesnt matter). No psfs play. Can someone pls place a link to a completely configured ff7 music pls?

Chaos Breaker

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2008-05-02 03:40:38 »
Man if this is supposed to be the Idiots Guide to FF7Music then I must be Terry Chivo.  I've followed the first post's instructions word for word, tweaked things as I read through this whole thing, and I still can't even configure this thing.  Keeps saying it can't write to the .ini which apparently I need for this thing to run.  I'd really like some help getting this working cause after getting something as awesome as that PRP thing to work I'm really not in the mood to put up with crappy midi style music.

cmay119

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2008-05-02 07:43:30 »
Okay guys, I'm having a little trouble with the looping of the music. I have it set to loop in the FF7music.exe but the MP3 stops once it's done with initial playback. Any advice?

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2008-05-09 23:55:16 »
Hi evereyone. I installed FFVIIMusic, and it was working great with MP3s. Then all of a sudden, nothing. No MP3s, psf, or cdtracks. ANd I have no idea what the reason could be. I went back and checked, everything seemed to be correct. Anyone think they could help? Thanks.

I've got a similar issue actually.

Everything appeared to work fine until I got into the Shinra HQ part.  2/3 into the Shinra HQ I started loosing sound effect and only the currently playing MP3 would finish.  So i save the game and go back to windows and all my sound was deaf in every app.  I looked into the XP sound tab under the control panel and everything appeared all right.

So I reboot the system and its still there.  I shut down the system completely and it's still there again.

Just for kicks I open ff7music again, load a game and try for 30 seconds and the sound just comes back on its during the middle of a room (no transition to another screen or to a battle or anything).

I also transfered my saves to my laptop saince I'm on the road sometimes and it does the same thing except that it comes back whithin 10 seconds (same ini, different paths).

That's odd.

PS : both system use XP and one uses a Creative SB live 5.1 card while the other uses an integrated audio card.  I can see no constant between systems apart from ff7music and the ini.

EDIT : There's now a huge delay before songs start on my main system (not laptop).  Every other sound effect is bang on though.  Something odd is happening.

EDIT2: I've also noticed the songs stopped resuming.  This is most definately related to this issue.  I tried reinstalling ff7 music, starting over from a fresh ini, playing with the plugin config, etc to no avail.  The only thing I've found to help is to roll back to the 1.5 version and disable ramps.  But it still doesn't resume and there's still a small delay.  I'll post an update if I find what caused it.
« Last Edit: 2008-05-11 04:19:08 by Marcis »

pizzapizza

« Reply #189 on: 2008-05-11 18:19:08 »
Hi. I have read this whole thread and followed all the alternate instructions and I still can't get this to work. I am using windows XP. I downloaded the ficedula stuff, added all the dll files into the ff7 folder, fixed the correct input/output values, and put the mp3s in the music folder in the ff7 folder. I downloaded a separate ini file because I couldn't find one to save my life. The file list comes up under mp3 and it has all the song names and next to that the file names with .mp3 at the end. Where it says the path at the bottom, I put the music directory where the mp3 files are. Yet they will not play. When I turn the midi off, there is silence. I have followed the original instructions several times, and try different things in the path directory (like putting the directory in quotations, changing the music to a new mp3 folder etc), I have changed the filenames in the ini to being in quotations (all that did was make them disappear from the configuration list) but nothing works. When I put the mp3s in a different folder, the game crashes. When I change the path filename to just /music, the game crashes. I have no idea what I have screwed up on but I can't get it to work. Please help :(

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2008-05-11 18:35:31 »
Looks like Im not the only one who cant get it to work.....could someone please send us a correctly configured ff7music?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2008-05-12 01:18:26 »
I got mine from a torrent called "Final Fantasy VII PC - Neat Compilation of Patches and Mods". 

I would suggest downloading the ff7 music and tutorial off of that.   I'm also pretty sure Miracle.Flame was the one who uploaded those so you might be able to search for a post by him with the tutorial.   Hope this helps.

pizzapizza

« Reply #192 on: 2008-05-12 10:34:56 »
I downloaded that. It's where I got the ini file from. I followed those instructions and they didn't work. I was scared to try it with the FF7Music exe file that came with it, though, because my virus scan identified it as a trojan. There has to be something missing in the instructions that some people have no problem making it work and some of us can't fix it no matter what. Like something I should have or download or configure. I thought I would need winamp to play the music, so I downloaded that. That didn't work either lol :(
« Last Edit: 2008-05-12 10:44:38 by pizzapizza »

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2008-05-13 04:31:28 »
Quick update about my issue to those interested.

I was long due for a formatting (had been over 3 years) and I also had a copy of Vista lying around that I've been wanting to try for a while so I gave this a try yesterday.

My rig is almost 5 years old (still managed to get a 3.5 on the vista experience index surprisingly!) so I had to try to find all kind of drivers for my aging hardware such as working vista creative drivers (finally used the kx project drivers - open source; creative are among the worst support company I've seen).

After I got the sound working and had set up everything again, the delay was gone and the song were resuming again.

I don't know if its the switch to vista as its got a pretty different sound subsystem, the reinstall of ff7 or the new (actually decent for a change) sound drivers, but its working flawlessly again.

Just thought I'd share.

Driretlan

« Reply #194 on: 2008-06-07 18:12:12 »
Okay, so I have a problem. I tried the music patch, got everything to work, made a big folder with custom mp3s and all that, but when I tried to get the game to recognize them, it kept playing the MIDI anyway. I've followed all the instructions as they're written and everything, and it kept playing MIDI

So, I took matters into my own hands, and moved the original MIDI out of Final Fantasy VII\Ficedula\FF7Mp3 (didn't delete, it's still on my computer)

Thinking this would force the game to do what it's supposed to do, I tried starting it and now it won't even start. It gets as far as having a process in the task manager, but it doesn't get beyond 1700 kb of memory loaded. Putting the PSF folder back hasn't changed anything though. I just can't get the application in general to load now.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2008-06-08 03:41:35 »
This patch works fine for me, except for one thing.

I'm using Windows XP, and, while each song is buffering (within 10-30 seconds of a song starting) FF7Music is prone to locking up. First the song will get really choppy and then FF7Music will freeze. I alt+tab out of FF7 and FF7Music is not responding.

I've tried different buffering configs, both out dlls, different settings and such, but I cannot stop FF7Music from playing songs choppily and freezing.

I also don't know how the old version of FF7Music work (the ones that only have a setup program and not an operate-while-open program).

Grims

« Reply #196 on: 2008-06-09 03:43:02 »
hi everyone, i have a very big problem with ff7music. i take the ultimate edition because the old version dont work for me in vista and this version work and even that i already have difficulty to make the game playable for cause the application. now i can play but when i am in game when a minipsf want to play i have every time this : access violation 00000000 read of address 00000000.i have already make all thing to run ff7music.but i think  i know what is the problem and its maybe the patch cetra for registry the ff7music but with the version (ultimate edition) with the application a have cracked he dont want to patch it  and i cant make a other application for make the game playable. so i have two question for you.

can i have a other solution to patch the application with ff7music? or
what should do to stop the message of access violation?
i have a Dell inspiron 1720 with a 8600m gt ,vista 32bit 
its very appreciate then you can help me :-D

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2008-06-09 05:54:58 »
Change your out plugin to OUT_WAVE instead of OUT_DS. Make sure the output being used in the OUT_WAVE settings is microsoft audio mapper, too.

By the way, in regards to my earlier message, my problem is now fixed. :)

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2008-06-12 01:06:47 »
I was wondering if maybe FF7Music could implement some sort of random-song option for the battle music. Would be cool to have a 25% chance of hearing either the ff7 battle music, ff8 battle music, ff8 boss music, and ff10 battle music whenever you get a random encounter.

Right now, I made a mix mp3 which plays these songs in this order, and I have it so it repeats from where it left off when I get into another random encounter. It's cool, but it'd be much better if ff7music simply chose 1 of my 4 songs randomly.
If it's too hard, then forget about it. :P

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #199 on: 2008-06-12 09:29:44 »
Logically any new version of FF7Music might be done in conjunction with the Voices project; since, after all, they're both to do with making audio play in conjunction with the game engine (and I'm not too shocked to find out that FF7Music doesn't play nice with the Voices test application, so some work would need to be done anyway to make both mods work together).

So, yeah, that's possible; if and when a new version gets written.