Author Topic: Video/Resolution Problems  (Read 1915 times)

spikepheratu

Video/Resolution Problems
« on: 2006-04-18 23:02:39 »
Ok, I have already posted my main problem here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4762
but if for some reason there is no way to stop a video from playing in quarter screen i would at least like to have a higher in-game resolution.
Ive read through the FAQ and done everything i possibly could and that fixed a few problems (upside down movies, chocobo races, ect..)
but i still cannot play in 640x480 Resolution (Quarter or Full screen)
i hear the eidos music in the background but i dont see anything, and then when it's supposed to get to the next screen it crashes.
AMD Athlon 2500+ XP
Windows XP
1024MB RAM (Dual Channel)
Radeon 9800XT (Celestica Gold Edition) w/Updated Drivers
help?

rmco2003

« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-19 06:08:25 »
Try rolling back your drivers, maybe that'd help?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-19 17:06:44 »
Hmm, have you tried the high-res patch?

spikepheratu

tried that :/
« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-19 20:03:00 »
I've tried Installing my newest drivers, rolling back to my last drivers, and even uninstalling my video card and using the default drivers (Generic Video Drivers and Drivers that came with the card).
I've also tried using the Hi-Resolution patch, but unfortunately that uses the 640x480 display mode and that doesnt work.
Is there any kind of program i can run in the background that will make a log of what is happening with my display hardware that I can start, then open FFVII, then when it crashes stop the logging and have someone take a look at it? I can't really think of anything myself.
've never really had any video problems before, only sound issues, ive tried updating my sound drivers and pretty much everything i did with my video ones.
I do remember that with UFO Aftermath that before I updated my sound drivers the game wouldnt open at all, so I tried fiddling with my sound but that seems to change nothing.
Any more ideas?