Author Topic: Yuffie successfully converted into FF7  (Read 133943 times)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
Re: Yuffie successfully converted into FF7
« Reply #125 on: 2007-04-20 05:29:08 »
Juts resize and move it around, this is all the "tweaking" I talk about in earlier posts, it's probably the most boring part of putting it in game.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007-04-20 05:36:29 »
Juts resize and move it around, this is all the "tweaking" I talk about in earlier posts, it's probably the most boring part of putting it in game.

hum, but the large rectangle is normal? It is maybe that that causes the distortion of the model.  :?

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2007-04-20 05:54:50 »
Hmmm well maybe you have a polygon floating out there somewhere, my guess is it's of his sword you may have done this accidentlly when attaching and detaching pieces and you may have had a stray polygon selected by accident. Check by going into max and selecting the head and if the bounding box extends out like this thats your problem, if the bounding box only encompasses his head that will be correct so re-export it and run it through Pcreator again.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007-04-20 17:52:59 »
Okay i finally achieve ONE model of KH into FFVII, but in fact i only succeeded (not much time) to "introduce" cloud's head :

But the problem is , i dragged and dropped the rtaa-rtao etc files of cloud all inside the opened Battle.LGP ... And yes to all to overwrite inside it. The problem is i can't play FFVII lol the game doesn't even start.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2007-04-20 23:24:25 »
Well I wonder why it's doing that then :lol:. Always recompile the LGP file it's the safest way and it's never failed me. Incase you don't know how to do that, hopefully you backed up your old battle.LGP. So open that with LGP tools and extract all file into a folder, then copy all you cloud files and paste them into that folder and create a new LGP file from that folder.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007-04-20 23:57:32 »
Well I wonder why it's doing that then :lol:. Always recompile the LGP file it's the safest way and it's never failed me. Incase you don't know how to do that, hopefully you backed up your old battle.LGP. So open that with LGP tools and extract all file into a folder, then copy all you cloud files and paste them into that folder and create a new LGP file from that folder.

Yeah i know, i just remember that last time for sephiroth to work, i needed to extract, overwrite in explorer, then repack an LGP archive .... In fact the Replace comand work only for char portraits in menu_us.lgp .

EDIT: that doesn't work neither.  :cry:
« Last Edit: 2007-04-21 01:23:00 by Djé »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2007-04-21 11:54:14 »
Errr...when you installed the high Cloud patch (if you did) did you tell it to pack battle LGP?

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2007-04-21 16:35:13 »
Errr...when you installed the high Cloud patch (if you did) did you tell it to pack battle LGP?

No, whereas it said "saves space" i didn't cause the readme told me not to do it. :-(

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2007-04-25 06:10:25 »
Haven't really had much updates from me lately, and there about to become more infrequent. Why you may ask, because the Forgotten Hope tournament now has an Oceania division. Wich means Australian participants can now play with good ping wich i have singed up for and am now playing countless hours of to get some good practice in, I've also joined my friends DC clan so lots of gaming goodness for me :-D. But I will still try and update from time to time and I'll always be around the forums to answer "worthy" questions :lol: Also on MSN and by PM but nothing stupid like when is it coming out or how do i do this, anyway thats all from me.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2007-04-25 10:22:51 »
I'll always be around the forums to answer "worthy" questions  but nothing like when is it coming out or how do i do this

Well, what could we ask you then, if you can't be bothering to answer some help questions (about 3dsmax) or when it's released. If you don't have time to release it, then that would be a good idea to help a little on some tedious parts (where for exemple you didn't tell much on your "tutorial"  :-D ) because, I think everybody is interested, but I assume you won't have time now to progress in this. So even if we are noob and ask stupid questions with good motivation, and some help (if anyone dare give some) we could have this done ourselves. (well before you could release anything, as I think if it's not 100% complete you won't release a thing)

:-(

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2007-04-25 23:22:27 »
Oh don't worry it will be released, as I see it all i can do for the time being anyway was the main characters as the monsters are very tedious plus theres the field models and new weapons, they will all be released, but I'm mainly leaving the weapons release up to Andrewmarsh13 as he did the majority of the weapon making I just did the game implementation. But don't fret it will be released, besides i said I'm still going to do it just not as much.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2007-04-26 04:11:18 »
Oh don't worry it will be released, as I see it all i can do for the time being anyway was the main characters as the monsters are very tedious plus theres the field models and new weapons, they will all be released, but I'm mainly leaving the weapons release up to Andrewmarsh13 as he did the majority of the weapon making I just did the game implementation. But don't fret it will be released, besides i said I'm still going to do it just not as much.

Hum, ok then, I thought you gave up lol
anyway, just like the first reunion patch, I think just the main characters help ALOT to improve comfort , playabilty and pleasure. You don(t need to re do ALL the monsters...  :lol:

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2007-04-29 14:58:37 »
I have a suggestion on how to rip the Dirge of Cerberus models. Since no Emulator is Compatible with DOC, you'll have to rip 'em straight from the PS2. You'll need a TV Tuner for your computer with the proper cables in order to do this so you can plug in your PS2 and use 3D Ripper DX to get the models. Also, if you've beaten the game and have collected everything, just rip the models from the built in model viewer Dirge of Cerberus has using 3D Ripper DX.
TV Tuners aren't that expensive.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007-04-29 16:18:13 »
Quote from: Master Ridley
I have a suggestion on how to rip the Dirge of Cerberus models. Since no Emulator is Compatible with DOC, you'll have to rip 'em straight from the PS2. You'll need a TV Tuner for your computer with the proper cables in order to do this so you can plug in your PS2 and use 3D Ripper DX to get the models. Also, if you've beaten the game and have collected everything, just rip the models from the built in model viewer Dirge of Cerberus has using 3D Ripper DX.

Correct me if I"m wrong, but it doesn't sound like that would work.  3D RipperDX can rip models from a DX9 game or application that is drawing the polys.  By just getting the video output from the PS2, that's all you're getting.  If it worked that way it would be sweet indeed, being able to rip a model of any character you see on a TV show or movie would be awesome.

Master Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2007-04-29 18:50:05 »
Quote from: Master Ridley

Correct me if I"m wrong, but it doesn't sound like that would work.  3D RipperDX can rip models from a DX9 game or application that is drawing the polys.  By just getting the video output from the PS2, that's all you're getting.  If it worked that way it would be sweet indeed, being able to rip a model of any character you see on a TV show or movie would be awesome.

he he he...that's how they rip from the nintendo systems anyway...That's how some people were able to rip models from Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2 and Super Smash Bros Melee. They used some special program to play the games as if they were an emulator but they were actually using their gamecube plugged into the computer but you may not need that special program. From what I remember, that program was introduced later.

Edit: the program was DScaler...
« Last Edit: 2007-04-30 13:35:23 by Master Ridley »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2007-04-29 23:30:35 »
Actually I'm pretty sure they used the gamecube emulator "DOLPHIN" to run gamecube iso's then using DX ripper they rip the models from there.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #141 on: 2007-04-30 01:17:02 »

he he he...that's how they rip from the nintendo systems anyway...That's how some people were able to rip models from Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2 and Super Smash Bros Melee. They used some special program to play the games as if they were an emulator but they were actually using their gamecube plugged into the computer but you may not need that special program. From what I remember, that program was introduced later.

Wow, that's a bunch of spew...

Here's a tip. There are people on the board who have been programming longer than you have been alive. When you make up garbage like this, we know.You don't look the hero, you look the fool.

Just letting you know.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2007-04-30 01:29:51 »
Actually I'm pretty sure they used the gamecube emulator "DOLPHIN" to run gamecube iso's then using DX ripper they rip the models from there.

I thought the emulator was the worst (with the saturn emu) emu in the world? Well if it runs a 1 FPS that's enough to rip the models . Savegames are on gamefaqs.
Didn't know this emu was directx9 though.

EDIT:

Here's a tip. There are people on the board who have been programming longer than you have been alive. When you make up garbage like this, we know.You don't look the hero, you look the fool.

Just letting you know.
Wow! That's frank. Well he saw "cool newbie" in his title, maybe he thought he was so cool he could say this (maybe he believe this?) , but anyways a newbie stays a newbie  :-D

Anyways, linking a TV tuner to the PC is bullsh*t . It's not an emu nor a 3D app... You can't rip 3Dmodels from a video.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-30 01:32:15 by Djé »

Master Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2007-04-30 16:37:04 »
I actually got this info off of another forum. Yes, ironically, it was a emulator website, but they said this would be an alternate way to rip models (yes, some of them were programmers).

Anyways, linking a TV tuner to the PC is bullsh*t . It's not an emu nor a 3D app... You can't rip 3Dmodels from a video.

Eh, according to the members of that particular forum (can no longer find the topic on this however) A TV Tuner on it's own, you can't rip models. But with DScaler, you may be able to.

Just letting you know.

Programming longer than 19 years?! Well, if they've been programming THAT long...couldn't they just, reverse engineer the Dirge of Cerberus PS2 CD-ROM and find out which file goes with which like you guys did for Final Fantasy VII? Or how about creating a program that allows you to view into these files, Or you can perhaps rip the bios of a PS2, Program a PS2 Emulator, which saves you the trouble of reverse engineering the game...I mean, if they've been programming THAT long at a professional level...

...then again, it's not the number of years, it the quality of work you put out.

By The Way, I wasn't joking. This wasn't intended as a joke or a form of BS as you may of thought. These people really did claim to have done this. I'm just passing this on to this site as a suggestion. You could take it or leave it, believe it or not.

Wow! That's frank. Well he saw "cool newbie" in his title, maybe he thought he was so cool he could say this (maybe he believe this?) , but anyways a newbie stays a newbie  :-D

Actually, I never saw that...and I'm no newbie...so don't assume anything...

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2007-04-30 16:59:17 »
Oh, come on, DScaler is no more than a graphics filter (I think there is also a stand alone program to watch TV that's also called this way). It's used to improve the quality of the image. There is absolutely no way you can rip 3D information through a TV Tunner simply because it only provides 2D information.

PD: Sorry Jari :-P.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-30 18:02:54 by Borde »

Jari

« Reply #145 on: 2007-04-30 17:00:18 »

Eh, according to the members of that particular forum (can no longer find the topic on this however) A TV Tuner on it's own, you can't rip models. But with DScaler, you may be able to.

No, you won't. As nice app DScaler is, it's just a deinterlacer, pulldown remover and a general video post processor.

...not that any of that would matter. The picture you see is merely a rendering created by using some of the data in the models. There is no way to get that data from the said picture, as none of it is included in it.

A modeler might use the screenshots as a... well, model (in the sense that people model for artists) when recreating the model from scratch. But that has nothing to do with ripping.

I'm getting a feeling that someone pulled a Joey on you. :-D

Anyway, would you share the address of this forum with us? I'd like to read it. :)

EDIT: Bad Borde, posting before I could! :-D

EDIT2: Borde: Yeah, the stand alone came first and the directshow filter was developed from that (I think, at least it came later :P).
« Last Edit: 2007-04-30 17:47:27 by Jari »

Master Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007-04-30 17:20:25 »

No, you won't. As nice app DScaler is, it's just a deinterlacer, pulldown remover and a general video post processor.

...not that any of that would matter. The picture you see is merely a rendering created by using some of the data in the models. There is no way to get that data from the said picture, as none of it is included in it.

A modeler might use the screenshots as a... well, model (in the sense that people model for artists) when recreating the model from scratch. But that has nothing to do with ripping.

I'm getting a feeling that someone pulled a Joey on you. :-D

Anyway, would you share the address of this forum with us? I'd like to read it. :)

EDIT: Bad Borde, posting before I could! :-D

Ah I see now. Damn! I was going to buy a TV Tuner with my next paycheck for that very reason. *sigh*. Just my luck...!

...it was a pretty damn good Joey too...with screenshots and download links...

Well, the site is EMUTalk.net but the topic on DScale is no longer there (using the search feature anyway when I did so). The only reason I remembered DScale was looking at the files in my computer.

Sorry for the trouble...

There's got to be another way though.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-30 17:23:47 by Master Ridley »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2007-04-30 20:18:27 »
Nevermind. Also, i didn't mean to be ... mean  :-) I know you're not a newbie, that was just a joke  :-P

Master Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2007-05-01 12:40:42 »
Eh, I was actually in an irritable mood yesterday...Overworked.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2007-05-05 03:01:30 »
Ok I have a bit of free time on me and I'm gonna get the lighting done on the models, I tried general lighting in kimera witch works ok but when it comes to aeris her skirt gets all F**ed up from the lighting. So I've decided to go in manually in max and bake the lighting into the models texture, so first I'm going to rig each model so I can animate it into the desired pose. My question for the knowledgable people of Qhimm's forums to tell me where to light the characters from, I thought I'd put this out now as it will take me a little while to rig the characters. Noting that I can put multiple light sources on any direction, thankyou :-D.