Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 690854 times)

Tsetra

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #175 on: 2008-11-24 12:55:00 »
Has anyone else noticed that Aeris is missing her left hand after the first mission and Cloud meets her after the explosion? The scene where she asks if he wants to buy a flower.

Also, maybe we should work on a definitive list of bugs to help everyone, especially ice_cold, out.

Right now the only one I can think of is the materia bug. If anyone can confirm the Aeris hand problem let me know. Maybe we could make a temporary patch using older files as a fix until the next version comes out. Shouldn't be especially difficult.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2008-11-25 21:12:49 »
Hey guys....remember when I said this?

Later on, when you're trying to get to Hojo, the entire screen, 2D background and all, was totally corrupt, and other 2D artifacts started appearing (improper colors, random border lines around the experience gauges and text boxes, etc.)

Turns out someone else encountered it and screenshotted it:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7865.msg94994#msg94994

That's exactly the degree of corruption I had when I had my field display "meltdown" during the Hojo mission.  If you notice he is also using either NPC 0.6 or the PRP mod (based on the character models), so I don't think its a hardware failure....

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2008-11-28 20:15:44 »
Hi all

Right now the team has been very busy doing there What ever we do

Note that when we start back up we have 90% of the bugs fixed

ChrisFowler

« Reply #178 on: 2008-11-28 23:56:06 »
Well, that's good-even with a few bugs here or there, I'm very appreciative of the work you've put into an unpaid project.  It's not like you have to or anything.  But it's always better when there aren't bugs, so I won't complain if you fix them:)

jagenigma

« Reply #179 on: 2008-12-15 09:15:21 »
Hey this is a great mod but one problem with it, when i press the menu button it crashes.  Is there a fix for it?

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2008-12-15 23:29:51 »
Not at the moment, I have the same issue.  Just gotta wait until the guys come back (they will, so don't worry, I have complete faith in them)

Bluegrass79

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2008-12-24 19:09:16 »
Hey this is a great mod but one problem with it, when i press the menu button it crashes.  Is there a fix for it?
change to windows 95 compatibility!  Plays fine after that simple move                 Right click FF7-PRP blue flame thing and pick the third tab [compatibity] check windwos 95 box and this sucker runs perfect
« Last Edit: 2008-12-24 19:12:03 by Bluegrass79 »

PR3DA

« Reply #182 on: 2009-01-05 00:13:02 »
Hi,

I have the same question as many others, what this version does? More models, but do this version actually or will have better background images? better movements (I mean at least for the tall models, probably better models with the same high as the originals will work better?), will work faster and no crashes? I am Spanish and I would prefer to have this in Spanish, is it possible?

Thank you for your efforts.

NameSpoofer

« Reply #183 on: 2009-01-05 01:16:16 »
very possilble

install the mod

now go to your ff7\data\ffprp folder

you will find a 00.lgp and 01.lgp

rename the 00.lgp----> char.lgp
rename the 01.lgp----> world_us.lgp

paste the char.lgp into the field folder
paste the world_us.lgp into the wm folder

play the game with the original ff7.exe ( not the new ff7prp.exe )

since the menu and text aren't changed, they remain in spanish
« Last Edit: 2009-01-05 01:18:23 by NameSpoofer »

PR3DA

« Reply #184 on: 2009-01-05 10:53:41 »
NameSpoofer , thank you for your reply :), I am happy that I can play in Spanish, but what this version does?

OK I have read the rest of posts but... can this be used with the previous installed version? Will this work if there are already another patches installed, or will "delete" them?

Thank you
« Last Edit: 2009-01-05 21:55:54 by PR3DA »

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009-01-05 17:33:08 »
Sorry,for this question,'cause it must be most asked,but when will be next version release of patch??? :?
And btw,how many perсents of NPC is rebilded in this patch?

PR3DA

« Reply #186 on: 2009-01-05 22:36:54 »
NameSpoofer, I decided to try it, all working perfectly, (horrible savepoints!!) thank you for your kind explanation to have it installed.

:mrgreen:

ChickenWuss

« Reply #187 on: 2009-01-06 21:26:42 »
Brilliant work on this  :-)

Had a little trouble getting it working off the exe file but following swampthings advice in post 86 I got this working brilliant.

Cant see materia on the ground but thats the only issue I have after doing all of disc 1 midgar.

The characters are brilliant and well proportioned. Only disappointment was that Don Corneo was still a lego character. Would have loved to see what someone would have done with him  :-D

Would love to have a crack at doing a few of these characters if someone can point me in the right direction to what software I will require to do this. Is there a post anywhere that has the ABC process to editing the characters and where the characters reside.

yuna01

« Reply #188 on: 2009-01-11 03:24:59 »
to squall....errr they said the ultima version is piracy...so theres a patch that u cant install...

so? Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project is for what???

any addition or changes??

NameSpoofer

« Reply #189 on: 2009-01-11 16:08:09 »
Im currently writing a tutorial teaching people how to resize models from original chibi to those from the PRP project. If anyone is interested in rebuilding models I may post it here.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009-01-11 17:00:31 »
If anyone is interested in rebuilding models I may post it here.

I am.

leonnn09

« Reply #191 on: 2009-01-26 12:11:29 »
WHERE I CAN GET FREE FF7 PC VERSION? :-D :-D

I WANT TO MAKE GOOD MODELS FOR THIS GAME

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #192 on: 2009-01-26 15:05:25 »
Asking for That is in actual fact illegal and won't be taken lightly by people here. i suggest you don't say anything related to that again, nor type in block capitals. it'll just make people less inclined to talk to you...

Olie

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009-01-27 06:26:38 »
WHERE I CAN GET FREE FF7 PC VERSION? :-D :-D

I WANT TO MAKE GOOD MODELS FOR THIS GAME

check ebay prolly like $10

btw whats wrong with downloading it if we cant buy it anywhere?  (i got a legit copy :P) and it wouldnt be illegal anymore downloading FF7 would it?   just curious

NameSpoofer

« Reply #194 on: 2009-01-27 17:10:32 »
Edit: Sorry spam post. Mod please delete
« Last Edit: 2009-01-28 04:06:49 by NameSpoofer »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2009-01-27 17:48:59 »
Anyone who gets the PC version on EBay for $10 must have a hell of a lot of Luck Plus materia equipped ;-)

It's very rare, and copies are often sold for well over $100.

As for downloading, Squeenix probably don't care that much about individual downloaders, but they might care about sites giving people help to do it; we all have to keep our noses clean here. And by the way, I have seen some people on this site that have been threatened with legal action over things that don't cost Squeenix any money but still infringe their copyright, so they do enforce it.

Omegaplex

• Until that day...
    • View Profile
    • Nexus Omega
« Reply #196 on: 2009-01-27 17:54:18 »
In all truth using the various "web resources" after the fact that you've legally purchased the original discs should fall into the category of a digital backup.  Though, I'll admit I'm not sure if there have been official rulings to state the legality of this... :?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2009-01-27 18:03:35 »
AFAIK it's illegal to download even if one has bought a legitimate copy. Don't take my word for that; I really don't know much about copyright law, but it would still be very risky for Qhimm to allow people to share links to downloads.

In any case, one can make a back-up by making ISO images or copies of one's own discs.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2009-01-27 18:49:43 »
Pretty much people I know now downloads ff7, cuz its really hard to preserve your CD after all these years even if they own a legit copy.

Still not allowed.. It is illegal until Squaresoft allows it..

But a lot of people do that though.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #199 on: 2009-01-27 20:23:49 »
(...)And many popular games in the 90s like (...) warcraft 2 (...) now can be downloaded for free.(...)
O rly? Blizzard giving out something for free? Mind posting a link to that site of Blizzard where they state that?