Author Topic: ff7music question  (Read 11372 times)

Zionite

• View Profile
ff7music question
« on: 2008-04-14 20:32:14 »
Also posted in the sticky but I didn't get a response.  :cry:

Alright so I've been working two days straight on getting all these patches worked out here and there. I've got everything running smoothly except for ff7music.

This is what's going on: I have done everything possible so far but I think this is the problem.

Basically, in the program(I'm using the newest one too) under the files tab, no music shows up. In the older version I tried earlier all the songs showed up and you just changed the source, but in the newer one there are no files there. I've got all my files renamed and sorted out, but I don't know how to get ff7music to play those files.

You can AIM me if you want, or just reply here. I really need help and I'd appreciate any assistance I can get. Thanks in advance!

Zionite

• View Profile
Re: ff7music question
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-15 03:27:49 »
um...please?

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-15 03:44:40 »
i wish i could help you, unfortunately it seems every1 is having problem with this mod....i have it downloaded but have decided not to install until some1 can come up with the correct fixes...

Zionite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-15 03:46:31 »
ah...ok. So should I use the old version of ff7music?

Because that one gave me errors out the wazoo when I tried to run ff7.

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-04-15 03:51:53 »
Ah I had that problem once! Replace your FF7MUSIC.ini with a freshly installed copy, a downgraded version of it actually (I think v1.10).

ctaffy919

« Reply #5 on: 2008-04-15 04:25:05 »
I am also having problems with this patch...I am trying to use the "IN_MP3.DLL" plug-in from winAMP, but I keep getitng a "Access Violation" error message, and obviously won't let me use it. I am using the version FF7Music/PSF Pack with FF7Music 1.11 (1.48 MB) from website http://ffsf.cjb.net/.

I have no clue at this!

Zionite

• View Profile

Zionite

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-04-15 04:48:09 »
Ridley, I'll try that. I used a downgraded version in the first place, but it wouldn't launch the game. I'll go back and do that again and show you the error I get.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-04-15 04:55:00 »
Are you using an older version of ff7music.ini or ff7music.exe?

Zionite

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-04-15 04:59:44 »
currently it is an exe file, but before it was the version 1.10, which I believe was the ini. It didn't work then though, thats why I updated. Still doesn't work...lol

Master Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-04-15 04:59:31 »
I'm using version 1.1.0.2 of ff7music.exe
I just leave it open while I play and it works perfectly. Make sure you mute the midi music ingame.

Zionite

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-04-15 05:06:27 »
you leave it open?

I REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS!

When I used Cetra to install the ff7 music patch, it would screw up the launch of the ff7.exe. When I uninstalled that patch, it whined about the other stuff like the ff7music.dll in the main directory and the ficedula folder. Then when I'd get rid of all the dlls and the ficedula folder, it'd work. but no music other than midis lol.

let me grab an old version of ff7music and see what I can do.

ctaffy919

« Reply #12 on: 2008-04-15 05:12:47 »
Zionite, I went ahead and use your dump files you gave me, and no more erorr message, but still a no go for me. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I thought I followed the procedures specifically to this guide, but I will let you know what versions I have.

FF7Music.exe 1.5.1.1
ff7music.dll 1.1.1.0
ficedula.dll 1.5.0.2

Let me know if I have the right ones or not...Thanks in advance...

Also, I do have my file path name to search for music as D:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\FF7Mp3\PSF\

You see, right now I am on the Shinra Boat, and I know the midi for that is "212 It's Difficult to Stand on Both Feet, Isn't It.minipsf", well I am changing this to "ItsDifficultStandingRemix.mp3" under the song name "sido"....Am I doing this right?

Zionite

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-04-15 05:21:32 »
Well see, I'm pretty sure I could get it to work if I could figure out how to get the ff7music ver. 1.51 to have a song list with profiles to use. I can make profiles but they don't have a song list. So now I'm trying to figure that out. I'm not sure what you're testing there, but it looks like you have a song list in which to change songs in, I don't unless I get an old version.

Here's what happened when I used ver 1.00 of ff7music and then launched ff7.exe

Zionite

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-04-15 05:25:00 »
Zionite, I went ahead and use your dump files you gave me, and no more erorr message, but still a no go for me. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I thought I followed the procedures specifically to this guide, but I will let you know what versions I have.

FF7Music.exe 1.5.1.1
ff7music.dll 1.1.1.0
ficedula.dll 1.5.0.2

Let me know if I have the right ones or not...Thanks in advance...

Also, I do have my file path name to search for music as D:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\FF7Mp3\PSF\

You see, right now I am on the Shinra Boat, and I know the midi for that is "212 It's Difficult to Stand on Both Feet, Isn't It.minipsf", well I am changing this to "ItsDifficultStandingRemix.mp3" under the song name "sido"....Am I doing this right?

I think in the main sticky FAQ, the guy put all his mp3's into the music folder and renamed them. You should try that and see if that works. Go read that sticky, it may help you out. I'm still trying to get it to work myself...heh.

Zionite

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-04-15 05:30:46 »
Ah I had that problem once! Replace your FF7MUSIC.ini with a freshly installed copy, a downgraded version of it actually (I think v1.10).

I just did that. It loaded all the songs I needed(I already renamed all my mp3's properly) and I changed the directory. Still no music though, it doesn't play anything. Do I need that cetra patch for it to work? Because that doesn't let the program open.

EDIT:
Alright, I fiddled with it some more, and I muted the in game music, and this is what popped up when I alt+tabbed:

What does that mean?

EDIT:EDIT:

Ok, figured it out. Music is playing great now. For others having my same problem, what I did to fix that last error was change the out dll to out_wave.dll instead of out_ds.dll. Now the program doesn't have a conflict anymore and plays my musics!

Thanks everyone for the help! To return the favor, I'm sinking spare time into making a site to host patches and instructions with an easy-to-use interface! May be an empty promise, but right now I have the intentions to do this. Most of the sites we have now are dated and no longer work in some cases. This can't go on forever, obviously. If I make a site It'll have to be hosted on free geocities I believe, or freewebs. But a host is a host. Thanks again guys!
« Last Edit: 2008-04-15 05:55:15 by Zionite »

ctaffy919

« Reply #16 on: 2008-04-15 06:47:08 »
YES!!! I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK! I PRETTY MUCH JUST STARTED ALL OVER FROM SCRATCH AND REINSTALLED EVERYTHING. NOW ITS WORKING PERFECTLY! PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYONE!

:mrgreen:

Master Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-04-15 19:02:27 »
I'm going to give some quick advice. Not all the songs show up on the list. To change those, open up FF7MUSIC.ini with notepad.

nafeasonto

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-04-27 13:00:29 »
OMG guys can I have some help!

I had my music workign PERFECTLY. And all of a sudden after I upgraded to the latest version of FF7 MUSIC, to 1.51 now it gives me a runtime error when it tries to run the GAMe, DO I NEED to install the CETRA patch?  Can you help me?

Zionite

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-04-27 18:32:52 »
don't load up the cetra patch. If you had it working, I'd go back and try to recreate what you had the first time.

1.51 is only good when you don't have it already working. Go back to what you were doing haha.

nafeasonto

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008-04-27 19:14:52 »
I did it, and I got 1.51 working too.  Thanks.