Author Topic: A Few Mod Questions  (Read 2830 times)

Chaos Breaker

• View Profile
A Few Mod Questions
« on: 2008-05-18 05:23:23 »
So I'm pleased to report that thanks to all the awesome work you modders have done with this game, I'm flying through it in record time.  But once I got to the North Cave just before Cloud goes into coma and all that and had to do the wind barriers I ran into a snag.  The screen never changed and the wind kept that high speed look to it all the time, and then later with the wind and the green swirly... thing, the green swirly thing would move normally, but then jump at random spots.  I don't know if this was because of a mod or if this is something I needed to patch, but it was extremely frustrating to deal with.  I did finally get through, but man... 

Also, I went and put in this patch that says it slows down the battle arena slots and Cait Sith's slots, but I still didn't notice any difference.  Is there some sort of trick to getting this to work, or was this just bogus from the start?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure this is just my video card being a bitch, but there's certain times when the screen is supposed to turn black, but instead it goes white.  For example when you cast Knights of the Round and at the end I think it the screen was supposed to either to black or some weird transparent thing just before it shatters, but when I do it it all goes white.  And when you're at the North Cave and the person holding the black materia gets tricked and the whole thing is supposed to go black, the back drop goes black, but the terrain turns white.  Anyone got any insight there?

Destiny

• View Profile
Re: A Few Mod Questions
« Reply #1 on: 2008-05-18 07:35:06 »
For Knoghts of Round isnt normal that the screen turns white, if i remember correctly that is the slash of arthur's excalibur

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-05-18 09:03:05 »
Yeah, it is, but as it's been a while since I played it, I don't quuite remember if when Arthur slashes, it's a flash of white, or if the white remains till the end.
I might have to look it up on youtube or something.
Edit: Okay here's how it's supposed to go.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZOb7is19Lg
But then again, upon re-reading your post, so you mean during the summon?  Or the terrain stays white AFTER the summon?
« Last Edit: 2008-05-18 09:16:18 by *:.Griever.:* »

Chaos Breaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-05-20 18:52:09 »
Nah, everything after the summon is fine, it's just that very end part when the screen looks like it's supposed to be cracking and then shattering, the little pieces that shatter turn all white.