Author Topic: Ripping Model rule discussion (closed)  (Read 46026 times)

Xelane

• View Profile
copyright then.

I don't think i got an actual answer as to how qhimm feels about this new rule. not to say that he wouldn't approve, what i mean is that I'm not sure if he's seen it.

then again he doesn't post much and this is a pretty big thing here so i would believe that he has.

and by the way halkun, i do not take offense to your new rules or yourself, i just hate how much is being protected and how strictly. Copyright laws and internet security is become a big problem nowadays.

so i don't think that halkun is wrong for the new rules, my issue lies in square's obsession with people touching their merchandise.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-01 20:40:58 by Xelane »

Tsetra

• View Profile
Guys, nobody is stopping you from porting. Nobody. You just can't talk or post about it here. I think maybe two people agree with Halkun, I don't myself (since as I've stated pretty much anything you mod can get you a C&D), but it's a forum. We've already had a couple cases of people being shelled C&Ds for porting KH material into FF7, and Halkun probably just doesn't want to deal with it.
Yes, it sucks. Sucks big time, half the forum's motivation probably just took a shit (so long FF7 remake). But the conditions of using this forum include following the rules. If you still want to port, that's cool, you just can't here. The internet is huge. Hint hint.

That is all.

Lionfist

• View Profile

I don't think i got an actual answer as to how qhimm feels about this new rule. not to say that he wouldn't approve, what i mean is that I'm not sure if he's seen it.

This.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
It's true that nobody's stopping us from modding/porting via this rule...It's just that whenever one thinks of an FF7 Remake, the first hope is Square Enix, the second is Qhimm. This place has become like the cornerstone for FF7 modifications and enhancements.

I mean seriously. Play the original game, then play it with all the current mods (available on these forums). The Qhimm community has made the game mindblowingly more enjoyable, playable, understandable, and has helped to keep it's popularity alive! I honestly wouldn't still be playing FF7 if it weren't for these forums.

I hope this doesn't discourage future successful modders like slayersnext, timu, apz, and millennia (to name a few).

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage

This.

He knows

Lionfist

• View Profile

This.

He knows

That's all i wanted to know. *bows down*  :wink:

seifertemp

Again, need to respect the rules of the forum, no matter if the rule was made by an admin or a moderator, so if you want to continue projects that goes against this new rule feel free to use my forums. Not to insult anyone, but unlike some I do have the testicular fortitude to stand up to companies when I know I'm in the right. No need to have a hissy fit over a forum rule when there's another forum you can use to avoid the rule. And no, I'm not trying to steal members, just giving an alternative to shutting down projects.

It is sad it has to come to that but so be it....Rinoa seems to have made a forum too....so this is sorted.  The mods made his decision and thats usually the end of it sadly.

Jari

(talking to seifer, lionfist, and ammno bandito)...

WTF?

Xelane

• View Profile
of course the old men didnt have to spend months working on their toys, a few days, maybe a week, but never MONTHS

and that is IF you know what you're doing.

Lionfist

• View Profile
(talking to seifer, lionfist, and ammno bandito)...

WTF?

I really, really,never wanted to say this on the internet, but..
Hermoor, please grow up a little.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
i for 1 do not agree with this rule, nor with square being stingy for upgrading their games and whatnot, but there's nuttin that could be done about it. for the most part, i certainly cant do anything about it thats for sure, but i guess if it comes down to this, then oh well. i enjoyed upgrading my ff7 (and recently upgrading ff8 as well) (and i own both copies, not torrents) while i had the chance and i thank each and every 1 of u for making all these patches/mods/tweaks/etc and showing us that any1 could do it, just takes time and effort just like these hard workers that posted screenshots of their progress and for us to be like "oooo" and "aaaa" and "wow!" cuz thats mostly wut i did, observe and thank, implement and feedback, thats wut its all about in forums such as these but its a shame tho that this has to end in these forums, but a rule is a rule and its worse to fight it cuz it'll only piss more ppl off and attract more atttention... sorry guys, we tried, eventually each and every 1 of us knew this was going to happen.

Jari

Lol are you guys like emotional now? Drama speech? Sorry for finding this entertaining... :lol: And Amno bandito, I have noticed your avatar changes every 5 minute or so. How come?

No. I'm wondering how much your reading comprehension is lacking, if you truly addressed your post at me.

It changes every time you reload it. Because it can.

Jari

Xelane

• View Profile
Lol ammo bandito, your avatar that i saw at the timei  read that last post could not be more perfect.

but more to the point i dont think i read anything that would make el ammo bandito against this new set of rules, let alone anything else you accused him of.

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
I'm detecting a high degree of drama in this thread. Can you guys cut it out please? If not I'll lock this and consider the discussion over.

seifertemp

Yeah but you were against it, anyway how do you make your avatar change every 5 min? .gif??

seems to be a jpg...from some site.  Probably references something which changes the picture somehow.  havent seen something like it before.  Nice, but crap pictures of cats sadly.  Don't like cats xD

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
seems to be a jpg...from some site.  Probably references something which changes the picture somehow.  havent seen something like it before.  Nice, but crap pictures of cats sadly.  Don't like cats xD

i'd like to do that, but with the avatars of all the ff7 characters :)

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
@drfeelgud88: Good idea!

And yes, there is too much drama in this thread.

Lionfist

• View Profile
I'm detecting a high degree of drama in this thread. Can you guys cut it out please? If not I'll lock this and consider the discussion over.

There's no drama, only one guy flamebaiting others.
I thought you're the mod who needs to keep this clean?  :wink:

Anyway,
rule is rule....
... :roll:

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
I think I have to put my weight being Halkun on this one.
Cross platform hacking and importing with other games is running the risk of closing these forums down.
I wouldn't like to see such a active and vibrant community shutdown after more than a decade dedicated to the cause that is FF7/8.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Yeah but you were against it, anyway how do you make your avatar change every 5 min? .gif??

I suggest you do a google search for "rotating avatar"; it seems that it's not too hard to do. (making a rotating avatar, that is)

I think that I might get the same response that you gave to El Ammo earlier, but...

The incident a couple of months ago that caused so much controversy could have been dealt with very easily and with no-one leaving or getting banned if a mod had stepped in before things got too ugly.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-02 13:13:44 by Kudistos Megistos »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
I'm rather surprised that the rule had to be against even discussing how to rip and port models, rather than simply a rule against posting the ported model files. Not that I particularly care, since the only model-replacing mods I've ever used were the PRP and the mod to use characters' battle models in the field. Nonetheless, while I think the new rule may be a little harsher than necessary, I'm perfectly happy to stand by it. Better safe than sorry when dealing with SE lawyers.

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Better safe than sorry when dealing with lawyers.

Corrected it a bit for ye :P

ice_cold513

• View Profile
I'm with halkun on this

If anythink i have or helped do need to be changed just say and it will be done!

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
I'm going to show you two reasons why ripping models from CC is a bad idea.

As you can tell the models not only are not made for ff7, they are ugly when they are placed on armatures that are not theirs. This does not make the game look "pretty" at all and in fact makes it even more hideous.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-02 19:28:05 by halkun »