Miscellaneous Forums > General Discussion

FF Pixel Remaster

<< < (2/4) > >>

olearyf2525:
I don't understand why they didn't just do all off ff1-6 in the PSP style of 1,2,4 it was BEAUTIFUL. My ff4 on psp is 12 years old and looks better than this and is arguably just as faithful to the original design. Seems lazy, so are they just adjusting the pixels for hd on the main characters or all characters/enemies/backgrounds in world/battle? I bet it's just the main characters. FF4 psp they upgraded EVERYTHING and added new content and rebalanced difficulty, and added CGI Cutscenes, though the new content wasn't great at least it was something and the other stuff was great.

Aavock:
Well, it took less than 10 minutes for someone to fix the font.

https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/11522-how-to-fix-that-awful-font-in-the-final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-games-on-pc

olearyf2525:

--- Quote from: Aavock on 2021-07-28 17:35:16 ---Well, it took less than 10 minutes for someone to fix the font.

https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/11522-how-to-fix-that-awful-font-in-the-final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-games-on-pc

--- End quote ---

So the games are out. Turns out I was right. The sprites are certainly better than the FFV/FFVI sprites we got a few years ago at least stylistically. The psp sprites which are a decade or more old are still better. The music is awesome, the font looks horrible, but like Aavock said you can switch it to the files the Japanese have, they aren't as incompetent as western devs. It's a decent remaster so far but if you have the psp versions I don't see the point, except for 3. The psp versions were designed to run at 480p I believe and even with crap TV upscaling they still look better than this remaster's. Don't get me wrong this remasters sprites aren't bad, they are decent, it's just the PSP ones were better. Especially FFIV on PSP was AMAZING graphically/sprite wise. I guess we'll see when the pixel remaster IV releases but I doubt it will be topped with this style, and VI will probably be better than the style we have now at least.

I remember being told a good amount of money was invested into the FFIV psp remaster and square did not make as much money off the game as they thought they would, sad to see all their remasters since have not been up to that quality.

AuthenticM:
Someone modded in the Mystic Quest font. It looks great.

Aavock:
Nice font choice! This Pixel Remaster turned out to be really good overall. Can't wait for FFIV~FFVI

Take it with a pinch of salt but based on SteamDB release dates are:

Final Fantasy IV: August 19th, 2021
Final Fantasy V: September 9th, 2021
Final Fantasy IV: September 30th, 2021

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version