Author Topic: this one is for coders!!!!  (Read 5882 times)

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
this one is for coders!!!!
« on: 2004-04-14 13:12:14 »
well, if any of you know how to code for unreal tournament 2004 im interested in making a mod for it, based on FF7-10 using summons, magic, and hand to hand combat, i can model and to some extent animate
i also have some skinning and modeling friends who are interested, if you wanna try, drop me a line :) thanks!

ps. the seph model in my sig that i use on other sites is for the mod.

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
Re: this one is for coders!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-14 15:29:01 »
Comment Deleted

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-14 17:40:46 »
If i understand his post correctly he said he made the model by himself and is going to use that model in the MOD he wants to create. So he made it by himself, and i think its pretty good :)

darkdevil the first comment u made about the model is unfair to Al_gir. He prolly spend alot of time making it and saying a cruel thing like WORSE PICTURE, it looks bad real bad. i don't like it. Al_gir came here to ask for help and with that post he might not come back cause u may have insulted him.

But u are right that the pic is abit to large for a sig here, otherwise it fills up the screen too much, and that goes a cost to the actual text on the forum. :)

PS: hear my adult like talk, jeez :S (getting older == bad)

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-14 17:52:01 »
hay dont worry it was only my first attempt at using photoshop ^_^.

the model itself did take a long time to do, the signature isnt being used on this forum, its for another one which allows big sigs.
thanks for the kind words ye roon :) i reeeeally want to make a FF based mod...im a 3d artist, not 2d, although im sure i could take the time to learn that too :)

Darkdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-04-14 18:28:23 »
Quote from: Almighty_gir
hay dont worry it was only my first attempt at using photoshop ^_^.

the model itself did take a long time to do, the signature isnt being used on this forum, its for another one which allows big sigs.
thanks for the kind words ye roon :) i reeeeally want to make a FF based mod...im a 3d artist, not 2d, although im sure i could take the time to learn that too :)

I must appologise, i was a bit on edge erlier, i didn't mean any offence :)
( I had been revising for 6 hours for my exams... Im REALLY sorry man)
If it helps any, im currently learing to build levels for UT04, so i may be able to help if you want.
(none of you know how handy the DVD in the special edition pack of UT04 is....50 hours of UnrealED tutorials :D)

EDIT:
I have now loaded this page in the AOL browser and The Seph Picture looks NOTHING like it did in FF....
In FF it was all blocky, and gridlined, and it was loaded fully, so i don't know WHAT happend....
Once again im REALLY sorry for saying that....

DD

fa_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2004-04-14 19:19:07 »
a final fantasy mod would be realy cool BUT there were hundreds of mod projekts and no projekt ever finished. sure they made some models or levels but never done the howle project.

on my firefox the picture works perfektly and the model is good.

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2004-04-14 20:49:30 »
Haven't you ever heard of the Elemental Battle Grounds? Dead... Half-life's FF mod? Gone without a trace...

Anyway, I have no idea. I am trying to learn how to code for Half-life myself, but I can't think of any mods.

fa_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2004-04-14 20:55:04 »
thats exactly what i said ALL the ff mods are dead or disapeared without any sings!!!

i dont think there will be no mod they are all doomd.

the same happend to the final fantasy remake projekt

kind of strange maybe a conspiration? :o

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2004-04-15 00:07:57 »
I don't remeber what happened with EBG, but I think the problem with the Half-life one was that no one would work on it. A lot of people think they can start mods without knowing crap about it and just oversee it.

Anyway, Unreal Script is similar to Java. That's about all I know, though. Also, some things were changed from UT to UT2003.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2004-04-15 06:17:36 »
I think people stop making ff-style mods once they realize the futility of making other game engiens try and render Cloud's hair semi-decently =P (or you know, making a map as huge as Midgar... ugh!)

PumpkinPieman

• View Profile
    • http://PumpkinPieman.blogspot.com
« Reply #10 on: 2004-04-15 06:29:30 »
Yeah
!(RPG->FPS)

Trying to change an RPG to a First Person Shooter is a no-no, it just won't work.

Darkdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2004-04-15 08:20:40 »
Quote from: PumpkinPieman
Yeah
!(RPG->FPS)

Trying to change an RPG to a First Person Shooter is a no-no, it just won't work.

Well actually an RPG mod has been released for UT04 and its actually quite good.

So it is completely possible to do.

I put myself forward for the position of mapmaker.

DD

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2004-04-15 22:46:45 »
awsome :D

the model works well in unreal its polycount is actually pretty damn good, just over 3k
if u wanna make the first map, its gonna have to be the midgar reactor.

Darkdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2004-04-16 08:12:52 »
Quote from: Almighty_gir
awsome :D

the model works well in unreal its polycount is actually pretty damn good, just over 3k
if u wanna make the first map, its gonna have to be the midgar reactor.

sweet.

Ill start having a go at it later on today when ive done my courswork >_<

Tell me, how big is this sephy skin?

sorry bout erlier :D

DD

Right then, i've finally got around to mapping now..(its 20 past 9 PM)
Now are we gonna use premade UTXes or are your people making their own? also, we may need a skybox too...and god knows how im gonna get a midgarish one on a 56K connection -_-  not when theyre about 80Mb...
Two more things.
1. I see you dont post very regularly on here. Do you have an MSN or AIM name i can contact you at?
2. Can you send me the sephy skin plz?

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2004-04-17 22:02:10 »
the seph skin is verrrry basic, ill be getting it skined professionally too, as for the other stuff, im just a modeler so i dont know, thats why i came here to ask for coders :P

aim: rocknrollups
msn: [email protected]