Author Topic: Xenogears field models?  (Read 3770 times)

Micky

• View Profile
Xenogears field models?
« on: 2008-06-28 15:57:38 »
I tried to update my stage viewer to display field models, but there seems to be a header between the beginning of the model segment and the beginning of the actual model data. The xeno-gears document says it should be the same format as stage models, so I'm not sure if my decoder is just broken. Has anyone else tried to write a viewer?

(BTW, since Akari's original server seems to have disappeared, I uploaded the copy of xeno-gears.htm I had laying around to here. I tried a HTML-Wiki converter, but all the tables seem to confuse it. Still, it would probably a good start to add it to http://wiki.qhimm.com)

« Last Edit: 2008-06-28 16:16:55 by Micky »

Akari

• View Profile
Re: Xenogears field models?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-30 13:19:17 »
I tried to update my stage viewer to display field models, but there seems to be a header between the beginning of the model segment and the beginning of the actual model data. The xeno-gears document says it should be the same format as stage models, so I'm not sure if my decoder is just broken. Has anyone else tried to write a viewer?

(BTW, since Akari's original server seems to have disappeared, I uploaded the copy of xeno-gears.htm I had laying around to here. I tried a HTML-Wiki converter, but all the tables seem to confuse it. Still, it would probably a good start to add it to http://wiki.qhimm.com)

Try to use my viewer as start point. I didn't finish animation in veno, but all models displayed correctly.

Micky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-07-05 11:50:33 »
The one included in q-gears just seems to extract the walkmesh, and the rest seems to do the same thing as my code. Is there another copy of your xeno viewer somewhere else?

Quick update: I just found a minute to investigate further, and it looks like each block still contains the 32-bit uncompressed length value at the beginning - which I interpreted as part of the code stream and obviously messed up the beginning of each block. Sigh. Thanks for your help, though.
« Last Edit: 2008-07-23 20:54:35 by Micky »

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-07-28 14:55:33 »
I was not talking about q-gears, but about earlier engine. It was contains classes to read sprites, battle and field models as well as localion models and battle background models, walkmesh, worldmap and worldmap models.