Author Topic: FF7Music Problem  (Read 4105 times)

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
FF7Music Problem
« on: 2006-11-10 16:49:17 »
I have this experience:
When I run ff7 through ff7music and load a game everything is slowed down and it takes some seconds for music to kick in. When it does everything goes to normal. No delays, no lags, switching scenes instantly, looping working along with resume...

Then I found out that if I open configuration of ff7music and then close it again before running a game the above problem absents.
Tested many times and it's really about opening configuration first. I think it has something to do with loading plugins. When opening Configuration the plugins are loaded but if you don't the plugins have to be loaded during a game I think.

So is it possible somehow to fix this so I won't need to open configuration a close it again before hitting Run FF7???

Mod Edit: Split from this topic.
« Last Edit: 2006-11-13 17:20:34 by Alhexx »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: New version of FF7Music
« Reply #1 on: 2006-11-11 18:29:22 »
1. There isn't really much solution to the issue of it taking a while to start up. THat's a known problem with FF7Music.

2. Older versions actually DID patch the exe so that you wouldn't have to run FF7Music every time you wanted to play. What this version does is mutes MIDI sound from FF7 and replaces it with whatever you said should go in each song's place.

3. Though it's true that you can remove this delay by closing FF7Music, that also means you'll be hearing the original music rather than the replacement, so this solution isn't just unfeasable, it's entirely impossible without reverting to the old form of patching the exe, but that caused more problems than it was worth.

4. YOU REVIVED A SEVEN MONTH OLD TOPIC! DON'T DO THAT!

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-11-12 10:01:15 »
You've misunderstood me.
What I was talking about was only the configuration window not the whole console. I always play via ff7music console but (as said) if I additionally click on CONFIGURATION before clicking RUN FF7 the plugins are loaded right there and won't slow down the game at the beginning.
Read my first post again and carefully and you should get it.

I think there would be no problem to patch the console so it would load the plugins just along with execution of ff7music and not after opening configuration or till in game.

Edit: ..and what's this rubbish about reviving topic...if I'm discussing a related problem it should be here RIGHT NOW no matter how often people post here
« Last Edit: 2006-11-12 10:12:59 by miracle.flame »

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #3 on: 2006-11-12 20:26:12 »
Quote from: miracle.flame
..and what's this rubbish about reviving topic...if I'm discussing a related problem it should be here RIGHT NOW no matter how often people post here

Maybe because it's written in the forum rules?

- Alhexx

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-11-12 22:57:47 »
..and what's this rubbish about reviving topic...if I'm discussing a related problem it should be here RIGHT NOW no matter how often people post here

Maybe because it's written in the forum rules?

- Alhexx

I think that what I'm posting here is a "question exactly on-topic, and the topic is still recent" because current version of ficedula's ff7music still has bugs to fix and features to improve.

We should focus on the problem and not add useless hassling posts like these. No more arguments please.

Edit: Stormmedia from next post:
The result is a lot more useless thread with only 2 or 3 post.
That's what I meant. Searching through the forum is quite difficult because there are too many threads on the same subject and you can't be sure what you've missed if it's not in the main thread.[/i]
« Last Edit: 2006-11-13 07:54:45 by miracle.flame »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-11-13 05:08:04 »
Well.. I think this project is no longer developped anyways... but I think this rule shouln't apply for Projects thread... because if you noticed ... ppl just post a new thread with the same subject instead of reviving the original thread.  The result is a lot more useless thread with only 2 or 3 post.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
Re: FF7Music Problem
« Reply #6 on: 2006-11-13 17:29:09 »
[moderator]
I think that what I'm posting here is a "question exactly on-topic, and the topic is still recent" (...)

I didn't say that your question was off-topic, but the topic has been dead for several months. Besides, this topic already has 5 pages, therefore most people will not remember what is written on the last 4 ones, and even more are not willing to read those pages again.
Therefore, if you have to add something really useful (and in this case you have) then you should post a new thread and post a link to the old one.

We should focus on the problem and not add useless hassling posts like these.
If you think that a moderative post is useless, well then... I'll create a new topic for you  :-P

Searching through the forum is quite difficult because there are too many threads on the same subject and you can't be sure what you've missed if it's not in the main thread.
As I stated before, do you think that it's easier to find it in the last 5 pages of the main thread?
Like I said, simply leave a link to the original topic and everything is fine.
[/moderator]

- Alhexx