Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 534000 times)

Vallander

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #175 on: 2014-12-20 06:43:46 »
So does that mean all your other issues are fixed including your sound working?

I'll assume you are playing this on a PC? I use a controller so my help here will be limited but I know if I have a controller plugged in my arrow keys don't work.

Also ran you ran the GameConverter did you say Yes or N to the keyboard numpad question?

well since i cant get past the new game menu i dont know for sure yet. i did everything specified though so hopefully. and yes when i ran the converter i said yes to the numpad patch thing.

it WAS working. basically i ran the game, worked fine (minus the other issues i needed to fix) then i turned it off, came back 10 minutes later to actually play it, and suddenly the arrow keys wouldnt work.

and this started before i fixed the other stuff. there was literally no change between the last time it worked and the first time it didnt. and looking in the app.log it doesnt say anything useful. it shows the menu come up, then it shows me closing the game, says menu end and then the game closed. i mean if it will fix this i can plug a ps3 or 4 controller into my laptop but i'd rather play with keyboard if i can. maybe in the morning i can try the controller, then get into the train station and try to change my config and see what happens.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-20 06:47:11 by Vallander »

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2014-12-20 06:51:30 »
well since i cant get past the new game menu i dont know for sure yet. i did everything specified though so hopefully. and yes when i ran the converter i said yes to the numpad patch thing.

it WAS working. basically i ran the game, worked fine (minus the other issues i needed to fix) then i turned it off, came back 10 minutes later to actually play it, and suddenly the arrow keys wouldnt work.

and this started before i fixed the other stuff. there was literally no change between the last time it worked and the first time it didnt. and looking in the app.log it doesnt say anything useful. it shows the menu come up, then it shows me closing the game, says menu end and then the game closed. i mean if it will fix this i can plug a ps3 or 4 controller into my laptop but i'd rather play with keyboard if i can. maybe in the morning i can try the controller, then get into the train station and try to change my config and see what happens.

going to sound silly but do you have num lock turned on? again I have a full sized keyboard so always say no but try with a controller.

You'll know if the sound works if you hear the prelude music so you don't to actually start a new game, just let the two logo movies play and then let the prelude show up :)

Vallander

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2014-12-20 07:00:48 »
oh yeah i forgot theres music there. i usually skip it so i forgot xD

and nope. dont have a full keyboard so no numlock. i wish thats all it was lol. if it doesnt work tonight ill just have to try a controller in the morning.

EDIT: some potentially helpful information. i had a thought and tried to change the start menu mod to a different start menu, and when i pulled the game up again, not only did i have the same arrow keys not working issue, but the start menu didnt change.

going from there i closed the game, deactivated the 'Menus- Backgrounds, Avatars' mod entirely, restarted 7th heaven, confirmed it was not active, then launched the game.

still the same modded picture, still same problem. also just tried running the game without the mod manager, and the same problem happens. i think ill start with redoing the install in the morning.

so i think something there screwed up. unfortunately from there i dont know how to fix it.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-20 07:22:13 by Vallander »

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2014-12-20 07:22:42 »
oh yeah i forgot theres music there. i usually skip it so i forgot xD

and nope. dont have a full keyboard so no numlock. i wish thats all it was lol. if it doesnt work tonight ill just have to try a controller in the morning.

EDIT: some potentially helpful information. i had a thought and tried to change the start menu mod to a different start menu, and when i pulled the game up again, not only did i have the same arrow keys not working issue, but the start menu didnt change.

going from there i closed the game, deactivated the 'Menus- Backgrounds, Avatars' mod entirely, restarted 7th heaven, confirmed it was not active, then launched the game.

still the same modded picture, still same problem.

so i think something there screwed up. unfortunately from there i dont know how to fix it.

did you have sound though?

I use the mod with no issues and it doesn't play around with how the menu's function, just what is displayed so they shouldn't effect your keyboard. Wehn you do use it do you get the background you choose? Can you start a game and upload you APP.log?

Vallander

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2014-12-20 07:45:53 »
no i didnt have sound. and i even launched the game straight from the ff7.exe instead of 7th heaven and it still had the same problem, along with the same mod image, so i think ultimately i might've goofed and my install got corrupted somehow.

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2014-12-20 07:50:48 »
If you launch directly from the .exe I believe you wouldn't have any sound as 7H needs to get the VGMStream going but I could be wrong.

i had this issue after I had an original bootleg install. The only way to fix was to start regedit.exe and manually delete anything Final Fantasy related so start it as an admin then search for Final Fantasy, though yours might be FF7 as that was your install folder but you might need to do both and delete all entries and then install the game from scratch and then run the game converter. F3 searches to the next instant of the word you are looking for.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #181 on: 2014-12-20 21:15:07 »
When you use the converter, it sets up Aali's driver and all the custom folders needed. Music is no longer accessed from the data folder, but rather the music\vgmstream inside the root folder. It requires .ogg files to work, and the folder is empty at first. To get music, you can copy/cut the .ogg files from data\music_ogg into the music\vgmstream folder, but they sound absolutely horrible (PC midi). I assume everyone will agree how horrible they are and use Media - Music and Sound from the catalog. To get music, download that mod category and select a music option.

You cannot ever launch the game outside of 7H. You must always use the Launch Game button to play with 7H mods. There is no exception to this.

theonyxphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2014-12-20 22:27:07 »
Is it possible to create my own music package or unpack the mod and pick and choose vids to put in the movies folder? I like the a credits and intro movies as well as the aerith scene and end scenes but the others will still have the block figures.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2014-12-21 03:19:43 »
Yes.

Workshop -> Pack/unpack .iro archives.

Leafia_Barrett

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2014-12-21 15:41:51 »
Is there a reason that Menu - Background and Avatars has no effect at all, even with no other mods activated? Spell Textures doesn't seem to do anything either, or at the very least the Limit Break graphic never works.

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2014-12-21 19:50:57 »
Is there a reason that Menu - Background and Avatars has no effect at all, even with no other mods activated? Spell Textures doesn't seem to do anything either, or at the very least the Limit Break graphic never works.

Can you post your APP.log and also your load order.

Menu's and Backgrounds works fine for me and if it isn't working for you then something is being called wrong. From my experience if one mod messes up or 7H is setup even slightly wrong then it causes the whole lot to load into memory

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2014-12-22 00:48:14 »
Either your setup is wrong (load order or Settings) or the download went wrong. Sometimes the MEGA server halts on downloads. Check mods\7th Heaven and see if the file sizes match with what's shown in the Catalog tab. Any mod with 0kb file size or in the temp folder needs to be uninstalled in 7H and downloaded again from the Catalog tab.

alxpowa

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2014-12-29 16:28:49 »
Hi All!

Very nice mod! Have been playing with it for a little while. I stumbled upon a little bug and couldnt google any clear answer.

I'm in the Rocket FMV when Shera is fixing the oxygen tanks and there's a 30s countdown. When it reaches 00:00 and the "ignite engine" textbox appears, Cid keeps moving and all but I cannot get past it.

I saw on a steam forum someone saying "lower your resolution". If it is true, to what? I am using the recommended 1280x960.

I installed all mods from tifa's torrent, all were green/yellow in mod listing.
I have an ATI 6880 video card..
I had the steam version (used the converter)

Tried 2 times and I get stuck there :( Now I am sad.

dragonknight5

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2014-12-31 15:49:13 »
hello thanks for making a great tool and video guide. i follow the video and guide exactly and am having issues when i launch the game. i get past the square soft logo with the chocobos and then get a red "triforce" screen. i have tried with different mods but all of them result at the red screen right after the logo. i launched the game through the normal pathway without the mods and it works fine. my graphics card is  AMD Radeon hd 7800 if that helps.

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2015-01-01 11:03:36 »
hello thanks for making a great tool and video guide. i follow the video and guide exactly and am having issues when i launch the game. i get past the square soft logo with the chocobos and then get a red "triforce" screen. i have tried with different mods but all of them result at the red screen right after the logo. i launched the game through the normal pathway without the mods and it works fine. my graphics card is  AMD Radeon hd 7800 if that helps.

I have a 7870 so it won't be that. you need to launch the game with 7H and then post your APP.log from within the FF7 folder to give us an indication of whats going on. You also need to post screenshots of your 7H configuration and Open GL settings

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2015-01-01 14:56:00 »
We had the red triangles pop up for Bootleg installations, and updating the Catalyst driver fixed it. Catalyst 13.8 was the latest we tested. I don't own an AMD card, so you will need to update your graphics driver and figure out which one works for you nowadays.

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2015-01-02 15:33:27 »
Hey Alyza,

for some reason I am getting a crash with the new threat mod enabled at the motor cycle scene, after i select my party and then press start the music keeps playing but the screen stays back and it has an error box saying there has been a fatal exception?

Any idea why?

P.S. Just tried it with the ChaOS mod deactivated and it was fine so it seems to be a conflict there?
« Last Edit: 2015-01-02 15:49:36 by RedManMark86 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2015-01-02 16:13:12 »
Yes, CHAoS is crashing with the motobike chase. Just deactivate it before the the chase and activate it after you're outside Midgar. You will probably have to do the same if you ever play its minigame at Gold Saucer. I believe Kaldarasha is trying to fix it, so once that happens, I'll send out an update.

darkizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2015-01-03 03:16:52 »
Hi. I've been a longtime bootleg user but decided to update to this for my new playthrough. I noticed that the options for character field models are very lacking. Are there plans to update them in the future? I really miss the Whiteraven APZ models. Anyways thank you for all the hard work! FF7 would be unplayable without you!

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2015-01-04 13:34:06 »
Since Bootleg hasn't been updated in a very long time, I'm wondering:

Does 7th Heaven include everything that Bootleg Configurator 0.40 included, if not even more? Secondly, does it work on a pre-modded Bootleg installation?
Reposting in case this has been overlooked...

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2015-01-04 14:41:55 »
7th Heaven likely will not work on a previous Bootleg install.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2015-01-04 16:54:58 »
It won't work on a previous Bootleg install. You need to clean the registry keys, as shown in the first question of the FAQ section.

7H has most of the mods in Bootleg, but not all of them. It also has some mods that are not currently with Bootleg v40. Eventually I'll help Vgr add them to the next Bootleg release once he completes his new coding for it.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2015-01-06 09:18:00 »
Yes, CHAoS is crashing with the motobike chase. Just deactivate it before the the chase and activate it after you're outside Midgar. You will probably have to do the same if you ever play its minigame at Gold Saucer. I believe Kaldarasha is trying to fix it, so once that happens, I'll send out an update.

I have looked into it. I could recreate the crash, but after some tests it seems that there is one model which is responsible for it. So I have to isolate it and make the fix. I hope to be ready with it until weekend, depends on the spare time my little son will give me. ;)

Edit:
Seems to be a problem with 7H and not with the files I use. A modified high-us.lgp do work but not a vanilla one.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-06 18:28:02 by Kaldarasha »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2015-01-08 00:59:11 »
I see. So your high-us.lgp is all vanilla? If so, why would that need to be included in your mod?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2015-01-08 09:16:34 »
No basically I use the files made by the Reunion, but for some reasons the original high-us.lgp isn't editable by 7H. I could try to use a complete compiled high-us.lgp instead of a folder. I guess it is the same problem we had once with the magic.lgp.
I don't want to recommend to run the Reunion mod before to make my mod to work correctly (but there is no reason to not install it, at last not for English speakers).