Author Topic: Jesus is coming!  (Read 9525 times)

Jari

Jesus is coming!
« on: 2007-01-03 10:45:43 »
Boston Herald says:

One-third see hope for a cure to cancer, and 25 percent anticipate the second coming of Jesus Christ.

That's from a phone poll which asked from 1,000 adult Americans how likely certain things were to happen in 2007. I don't really approve bashing anyone for religious reasons - one way or the other - but... really. Do they put something in the water there? I mean... I suppose it could be a joke answer, but then again your president thinks he's an instrument of God. :|

OTOH, only 29 percent anticipate that US will pull out of Iraq, so that's less than 20% more likely than second coming of Jesus, according to them.

I think that I'll set up a CafePress shop and start making "Jesus is coming"-shirts.

santa_claus

• View Profile
Re: Jesus is coming!
« Reply #1 on: 2007-01-03 11:48:18 »
Bullsh*t!,

and if really Jesus coming, he will forget the north americans for sure...
sadly many young north americans have a poor knowledge, believe in all that show for him in TV, Bush said: We are a peacefully country, we must do the right thing, what? stolen black gold? of a poor country? that have a divided people...with a poor gradually.
I watch the tv and see no reason for this war...
11 of september, wow, many north americans die in a arabic terrorism bla bla... ( bullsh*t)
nobody here remember when they had attacked Japan with atomic bombs?
killing thousand of people?? try to think about this...wow 11 september it was the day of the act against humanity...wow and against Japan? hiroshima, nagasaki? killing thousand of people it was what? act of God?
but I cannot generalize all north americans... have many good people there too.

sorry if I upset someone here...it´s just my opnion that I really believe.

Regards!

PS: I said North americans, because in america have many countrys too... México,Cube,Argentina,Brazil,Chile.... etc..etc...
« Last Edit: 2007-01-03 11:52:04 by santa_claus »

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-01-03 13:01:30 »
That was totally un needed and un called for in this topic. I suggest you think about removing it.

santa_claus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-01-03 13:32:46 »
why? if the moderator want remove...ok not a problem... but I not remove this

PS:I only wrote this, for the fact of them (invent lies), inducing the world to believe...
but I don´t wanna misundestand here... it´s just my opnion dude!  :wink:
« Last Edit: 2007-01-03 13:41:20 by santa_claus »

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-01-03 15:22:54 »
If you want your oppinion voiced, dont do it in a topic with a completely different subject to what you are ranting about.

Then again,I'm having a hell of a problem figuring out what the hell you are saying anyway...

As for the actual matter at hand.

Cancer I can see having atleast a large breakthrough this year.  You my remember seing last year, Jari, that there was a large breakthrough reguarding, I think it was, the genetic code, of a certain type of cancer.  I really dont remember too well, but im sure it was something along those lines.

As for "jesus"... I have my veiws on Religion, I wont discuss them in public.

Jari

« Reply #5 on: 2007-01-03 16:43:30 »
Yeah. I would say that it's more than likely that cancer will eventually be beaten, and I would go even as far as to say that it will probably be sooner rather than later. Dunno about this year, but I guess that 30% probability for that isn't too far fetched. For a breakthrough, at least - I'm fairly sure that there will be long enough delay between learning how to beat cancer, and making it actually happen on large scale.

To be honest, the cancer bit is in my post only because I didn't want to cut the sentence in half, though. :)

Anyway, about the second part... let's assume that person responding to the poll is a religious person, and he indeed believes that the story about Jesus' second coming is meant to be taken literally. But even that doesn't explain the fact that one in four of the interviewed people anticipate it to happen this year.

That opens up many, many questions: have the figures always been like this? One in four Americans thinking that this year Jesus will come? Wouldn't that eventually make it seem kinda silly; to think that he will come this year, even though he didn't during the last 30?

Or are the figures higher than usual now? Do one in four Americans think that Dubya's war against terrorism is some kind of Armageddon - or might trigger one?

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-01-03 16:51:39 »
I can see no logical reason for 2007 to be a date for "Jesus" second coming.
It may very well be a case of people voting that option, just because it is there.

Much like the UK Census of 2001, in which 390,000 people out of 52 million approx, Wrote down "Jedi" as their religion.

Quote from: Some fanboy in Brighton
"Do it because you love Star Wars... or just to annoy people"

Pretty much speaks for itself about how people act on official government documents.  Imagine what it would be like on a trivial poll.

santa_claus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-01-03 17:12:44 »
Many peoples in second war was thinking in the same way about armageddon...in golf war...in japan when the atomics bombs explode killing thousand peoples...

I know that in biblic have a message about armageddon...when all of us don´t expect, he comes... (something like that)
nobody know if he comes in 2007,2008,2050, 2850, it´s a secret.
Maybe in some religions jesus already came...

but one thing is true!
the time is passing fast...

Regards!

« Last Edit: 2007-01-03 17:15:08 by santa_claus »

Jari

« Reply #8 on: 2007-01-03 17:14:40 »
James Pond:

You mean they weren't real Jedis?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:

Heh, you have a good point. I had already forgotten that census. :)

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
« Reply #9 on: 2007-01-15 02:39:10 »
Many peoples in second war was thinking in the same way about armageddon...in golf war...in japan when the atomics bombs explode killing thousand peoples..

You know, you seem to love to keep pointing out how the US bombed Japan - yet you fail to mention the millions of Chinese, Vietnamese, and other East Asian people that the Japanese brutalized during WWII.

Oh, and calling Americans "North Americans" to leave out Latin America is cute . . . considering "North American" includes Canadians, too - not just US Americans.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-01-15 06:32:22 »

Then again,I'm having a hell of a problem figuring out what the hell you are saying anyway...

Thats true I didn't digest any of it either.

Random polls in the US give some stupid results, in fact I don't think they should be allowed to have opinion polls simply because it is a waste of time.

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
« Reply #11 on: 2007-01-15 07:36:27 »
Clearly it will be in 2012...

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007-01-15 08:26:16 »
Dude, he visits me everyday just to say how I've been etc.. It's nice, having a religious friend :)

santa_claus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-01-15 10:25:25 »
hahaha...

The point is, United states try to show that, " they are good guys" so, please stop cheatshit ok?

first point:
You know, you seem to love to keep pointing out how the US bombed Japan - yet you fail to mention the millions of Chinese, Vietnamese, and other East Asian people that the Japanese brutalized during WWII.

wow, dude, japan had fight with neightbor countrys, not with U.S.A ( other side of world)
I don´t think that they has a reason to bombed japan...

in a WAR people die (Field war), it is a fact, but You play basketball with your friends in the street, and die with a atomic bomb, it´s very different don´t agreed?
did you really know why usa attack japan? i dont think so..
one more thing, you say that "yet you fail to mention the millions of Chinese, Vietnamese, and other East Asian people that the Japanese brutalized during WWII."
ok ok IN ASIAN ( Asian Vs Asian)... USA send bombs from North american to Asian threre are a big different, don´t agreed? USA make this war in Pakistan, what´s the reason?? ohh yeahh for the Black gold... ;)

Oh, and calling Americans "North Americans" to leave out Latin America is cute . . . considering "North American" includes Canadians, too - not just US Americans.

Yes Canadians too... but the canadians is not lunatic ( they sleep with door opens in your homes) =)
and a advice latin america = south america...
and My mom is Brazilian and my father is italian, so i do not leave out latin america...I don´t included them, because they don´t send bombs and kill peoples for money and power.

PS: Dude, relax it´s just my opnion, I don´t say that ALL Us. americans are stupids, I have a lot of friends in U.S.A......

Jari

« Reply #14 on: 2007-01-15 11:17:09 »
wow, dude, japan had fight with neightbor countrys, not with U.S.A ( other side of world)

Not commenting on whether nukular bombing is acceptable under any circumstances, but you do know/realize that it was Japan who attacked US, yes?

santa_claus

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-01-15 11:48:42 »
sure, I know..

But the japanese do not attacked civilian... they attacked a U.S military base...
it´s very different. don´t you agreed?

my point is: U.s americans make a storm in a coupe of water :)

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
« Reply #16 on: 2007-01-15 13:07:56 »

Not commenting on whether nukular bombing is acceptable under any circumstances, but you do know/realize that it was Japan who attacked US, yes?

Heh.  Thanks Jari.  I couldn't have said it better myself!

in a WAR people die (Field war), it is a fact, but You play basketball with your friends in the street, and die with a atomic bomb, it´s very different don´t agreed?

Perhaps you should read a little about the situation during WWII.  Or were all of THOSE civilians somehow military targets?

Again, while Japan did attack a military base, THEY attacked US first.  I'd hardly say us attacking them was unprovoked in any sense of the word (also again, I'm not going anywhere near the 'was the nuke necessary' argument)

santa_claus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-01-15 14:08:45 »
ok,

You have your opnion and i have mine...

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
« Reply #18 on: 2007-01-15 14:29:34 »
Shit son, I haven't even gotten into my opinion yet.  I'd hardly call the Rape of Nanjing a "matter of opinion".

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007-01-15 22:45:53 »
Perhaps rather then arguing we should compile a Internation Body Count-o-meter to rate which country has their hands covered in the most blood from all this warmongering.

Jari

« Reply #20 on: 2007-01-16 02:03:35 »
No hope of that, history is written by winners and even totally unbiased researchers are rare.

But to give some idea about the numbers - and to point out that actually the greatest killer might be thing called democide - a thing where state kills its own subjects (think of ethnic, political or other cleansing), rather than even total war.

Wikipedia quotes the casualty figures for WW2 as such (silly Qhimm, turning off tables):

Allied:

• Military dead 17,000,000
  • Civilian dead 33,000,000

And axis:

• Military dead 8,000,000
  • Civilian dead 4,000,000

Whereas democide figures for PRC China are thought to be around 77,000,000, Soviet union around 62,000,000, and colonialism (yes, not a country :P) around 50,000,000.

Sources:

Studies of R.J. Rummel (known libertarian, and hater of communism - you can bet that he certainly wouldn't understate Soviet Union's and PRC's numbers).

Study by National Center for Policy Analysis (claims to be nonpartisan, people not affiliated with it claim it to be conservative and right wing - again reason enough to show communist regimes in as bad light as possible).

And Wikipedia. Oh, for heaven's sake, look them up, you know how to use it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not forget what I said about winners writing history, and political and ideological allegiances of people - I'm just presenting the numbers to give you some idea of the scale.

If you ask me personally, I consider the total war waged by Allies close to the end of WW2 - bombing of civilian targets - such as firebombing of Dresden - to be some of the most outrageous acts of warfare.