Author Topic: [PC] Yet Another Multi-Patcher - YAMP  (Read 221864 times)

Psychosupreme

• View Profile
Re: Yet Another Multi-Patcher
« Reply #75 on: 2007-07-01 02:41:04 »
K looks like everything in order now, didn't get booted from battle so its good I guess.  One smidge though, when i Quit FF7 and it all closes down, in the Windows Task Manager Processes section ff7.exe image name claims to still be running (guess that's why its still in use) What going on there?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #76 on: 2007-07-01 13:39:05 »
I've heard it happens, but not to me. Can't help you.

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007-07-01 16:28:53 »
it happens if you have set compatibility mode to older OS for ff7.exe

twipley

• View Profile
    • custom user page on wikipedia
« Reply #78 on: 2007-07-02 04:30:54 »
thanks, dziugo, the frame-limiting patch is working great (at least for me), and is pretty useful. :)

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #79 on: 2007-07-04 19:09:03 »
Hey dziugo, i've got an idea, or a request for a patch: You've mad a FPS-limit-patch for the  minigames, is that possible for the whole game too? Like, a patch that sets the fps-limit of the game higher so it runs faster, would that be possible? Maybe with a hotkey with that you can en/dis-able the feature?
It was just an idea, if its not possible or too hard dont mind it ;)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #80 on: 2007-07-05 11:54:00 »
Hmm... With Gypt's Ctrl+S you can temporarily disable the frame-limiter when in field. Believe me, you don't want to turn off any other framerate cap :P

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #81 on: 2007-07-05 12:29:19 »
Hehe isnt there a possibilty to set a frame limiter for example to 200 so you can play the game faster when you want to?

stu

« Reply #82 on: 2007-07-07 10:13:09 »
Hehe isnt there a possibilty to set a frame limiter for example to 200 so you can play the game faster when you want to?

like fast-forward on an emulator?  i always use that to get through that ol' 'red wings' drivel at the start of ff2/4.

Winter

« Reply #83 on: 2007-07-07 18:23:58 »
Gimme link to the Battle Swirl patch, could you?

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007-07-07 18:26:11 »
It's already integrated in MiniGamesPatch, moron

Winter

« Reply #85 on: 2007-07-07 18:36:56 »
Oh well, let me then patch the game :P

PiJ

« Reply #86 on: 2007-07-10 20:29:40 »
Hey dziugo, great work you did with this patch. The transparent dialog boxes look very cool  8-) .

But it seems to me, that I have a problem with the minigames-fix.

I stored everything I wanted to install in the patches directory and applied it. The patch seemed to work well (otherwise I wouldn't see any transparent windows, wouldn't I?).
But the framelimiter for the rollercoaster minigame does not work, i guess.
After changing the value rollercoaster_speed to 10 and installing the patch again, there was no noticeable change in speed.
What might be wrong? Please help me with this.

Greetings, PiJ.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007-07-10 20:44:01 »
Still trying to get back my FF7 cds. Looks like I've uploaded an older version by mistake but I can't check it now.

PiJ

« Reply #88 on: 2007-07-10 21:03:34 »
Wow, thanks for the fast reply.

OK, I guess I have to wait 'til you get back your Cd's (I haven't read the the entire thread, so what happend to them?).
Anyway, maybe someone has a working version, who could mail me his files of the minigames-fixer?

Greetings, PiJ.

illegalaliengj

« Reply #89 on: 2007-07-13 08:26:06 »
I'm also having trouble running the patcher, and I think it's because I'm running winME and it doesn't seem to support some of the dosshell command features.  I did increase the initial environment memory of install.bat to 4096, which allowed the batch file to run all of the SET commands, but the first FOR command of the patching_loop returns a "bad command or file name" and the next few lines all try to find the file "%~nk".  Not surprisingly, it dumps me out with the "Missing config file" error message.  I'm not terribly skilled with DOS command line editing, but if there's an easy fix I can edit in, that'd be great.  Or if that's not an option, perhaps I could get some manual instructions for installing these patches (most importantly, the mini-games/battleswirl patch)?  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-13 08:29:37 by illegalaliengj »

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007-07-13 10:09:25 »
Usage:
Code: [Select]
skerb.ex_ -patch HighwayAndSnowboardMinigamesFix.srb -in ff7.exe -out new_ff7.exe -fulldebug 1 -nopause -bswirl 30 -snowboard 60 -highway 30 -rcoaster 30Only first 3 switches are vital. With the fulldebug turned on, you may want to redirect the std output to a file.

I don't remember why I renamed an *.exe to *.ex_, but if it still doesn't work, you can try changing the extension to the correct one.

Namaste

« Reply #91 on: 2007-07-19 02:56:40 »
I need help, the installer can't find FF7.exe, the patches are in the FF7 directory, but still won't find the .exe file.

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007-08-21 10:29:12 »
Just as a heads up, i just found out that this patcher has issues with winXp's latest updates. If you want to apply all patches at the same time you need to set the install.bat file to win95 compatibility mode otherwise it gets a error when applying the mgp patch.

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007-08-21 13:33:10 »
I have error in win98SE, say something as
5xWrong syntax(it is 5x rem part)
and then not enough space in system table of variables.
« Last Edit: 2007-08-21 13:34:55 by kruci »

PiJ

« Reply #94 on: 2007-08-26 17:46:52 »
Hey you,

I still don't have any idea why the minigamespatcher isn't working, but I'm getting used to live with that.
If there wouldn't be the infamous snowboard-minigame crash. I've tried many things advised all over the internet, but I'm not able to find a solution for that crash. And since I read that it is a pointer problem (dziugo wrote that in a thread I found on this board) I quit finding a solution for that crash.

So, is it possible, that I can send my savegame file to anyone who then plays the snowboardgame for me? I would be very thankful about your help and I don't know what else to do.

Greetingz, PiJ.

PS: Next time I play this game, I think I will take my PSX version of it and play it on an emulator ;) .

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007-08-26 18:29:55 »
You can try older version of the MGP (the one with patcher and the patch integrated in one executable). Details here.

I'm sorry I can't be too much of a help, but it's difficult to debug the exe, not being able to run it - even if it's "optimized" the way FF7 is.

PiJ

« Reply #96 on: 2007-08-26 21:04:26 »
Hey dziugo,

I tried that before, too. But unfortunately without any success. Again, I have no idea why.
Right now I think I might find a way to "skip" the snowboard-game with the help of a savegame-editor I found.

After a little experimentation I managed to place Cloud right behind the village, where he only has to go down the mountain u normally would ride down on the snowboard. After entering the icehills follows the dialog where the three decide to go on, before it's getting too cold. And then Cloud "disappears" and I can't go on, although the worldmap, the map of the iceregion and the menu are still available. I guess by changing the savegame with an external tool something might be wrong, hopefully I am able to find a solution for that problem.

Besides: Is it OK to continue the whole problem in this thread or would it be better to start another one?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007-08-26 22:07:20 »
That older patch won't make any changes when it finds at least one problem with ff7.exe, and patching it with YAMP version of MGP will make some changes. You might want to revert to clean 1.02 ff7.exe (even without the jedwin's chocobo patch), and give it a go. If there are any problems with applying the patch, copy the output of the patcher and send me an email along with your copy of ff7.exe.

xEraceRx

« Reply #98 on: 2007-09-02 10:47:32 »
Applying patch: LuckyTifa
Missing config file!
Sorry, no patching today.

Can u tell where i F*%#ed up at please

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007-09-02 12:27:11 »
The file with "txt" extension is needed too. Redownload the patch.